Type keyword(s) to search

S01E03: The Hive

• Start Topic

I still don't feel as if I am getting the level of characterization that I am craving. We seem to skip pretty lightly from impressionistic sketch to impressionistic sketch without going too deeply into any one character. I feel as though the aspect of the village surveillance could have been more interesting but so far it hasn't done much; maybe it is setting us up for a future scenario.

I was also hoping for a more interesting demonstration of and testing of the boundaries of the children's abilities. The way it was presented in the book made a huge impression on me (I enjoy the mechanism of proving things more than the exposition that the thing just works; don't get me started about Being John Malkovich).

Is Jane one of the blackout mothers? I couldn't tell whether she had a child but I remembered Tilly the dog from the first episode.