Type keyword(s) to search

I Love My Dad (2022)

• Start Topic

I gotta hand it to Patton Oswalt:  He played a (surprisingly) dark character in Big Fan, but that's nothing compared to this.  There was a trailer for a George Clooney and Julia Roberts movie before this, and I have no problem with them cashing a big paycheck for playing affable people and will probably go see it, but at the same time, I appreciate someone like Patton Oswalt, who's willing to play such a despicable character. 

I'll spoiler tag this because it's a discussion about the ending:

Spoiler

I thought Franklin sent the letter and was working toward forgiving his dad.  However, Mr. Outlier didn't see the movie but I told him about it, and he thinks Franklin catfished his dad, as revenge (enticing him to up-end his life by quitting his job and moving across the street).  The look on Franklin's face as he stood in the window clearly indicates he's the one who wrote the letter, and now that I think about it, he looked kind of smugly satisfied.