Type keyword(s) to search

Edge of the Earth

• Start Topic

The four-part documentary series from HBO and Teton Gravity Research, EDGE OF THE EARTH, directed by Steve Jones and Todd Jones, produced by Drew Holt, debuts TUESDAY, JULY 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) with new episodes airing subsequent Tuesdays at the same time. The series will debut on HBO and be available to stream on HBO Max.

A thrilling blend of action-adventure sport, travel journal, and nature documentary, EDGE OF THE EARTH follows four groups of elite action-adventure athletes on four unique, never-before-accomplished missions. Taking place around the globe, within awe-inspiring, undiscovered realms of nature, each installment features a different team of adventurers journeying into the wild to take on incredible endeavors of physical prowess and mental fortitude. As the athletes venture up and down mountains, down rivers, and across oceans, they rise to meet intense, life-threatening challenges that test their decision-making and athletic capacity.

Episode 1 was quite interesting. Some really great views and a great display of the power of nature, plus it highlighted the issues with climate change. I did some hiking when I was younger but nothing even close to this; their trek looked extremely hard. I think the only issue I had was that the team did the trek just to snowboard and ski down the mountain and that seemed frivolous and very dangerous for just a few minutes of thrills (though it probably was a quicker way to get down)

• Love 1

The second episode was interesting, with a team trying to go down a very long river in Ecuador and failing, with that poor guy nearly chopping off a finger and having another machete accident that was near fatal later when he returned to the river to try to navigate it (but failing again)

• Love 1