Type keyword(s) to search

New York Undercover - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Finally this show is back in syndication. It airs on Friday Nights. 8 to 10 o clock eastern time on BET. I've been loving the rewatch.

This Dick Wolf produced cop drama featured a African American and Latino lead for the first time on broadcast television. It went three seasons until network meddling and contract disputes led to a rebooted 4th season that most people hate. It had tons on contemporary music that makes it damn near impossible to hit a streaming platform. The show was very topical. I always look at it as the Miami Vice of the 90s.

Anyway, who's rewatching now? Who was watching at the time? Let's dish.

44 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

This was my favorite show when I was in middle school! It was probably too "adult" for me, but I had the biggest crush on Michael DeLorenzo.

You and many other women. 

For me, this was our family on Thursday night. Martin, Living Single and Undercover. It's honestly the first drama I watched on a regular basis. When it was airing. Week to week.

(edited)

I just found out the whole series is streaming on Amazon Prime and Peacock.

Also the reboot that has been worked on since pre covid but has never made it past pilot may actually go to series.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1