Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, RESOLVED] Forum links on notification emails returning Safari errors

aghst

Safari can't open the page.  The error is: "Service worker context closed" (WebKitInternal:0)

However, if I open any forum page by navigating manually to it and then go back to the notification email and click the same links which had returned the error, it opens the link.

The links work for awhile and then new notification email links don't work.

Even notification emails from the previous day, which had worked originally, can return this error.

This forum software is hosted by the software creators and its all an amorphous service with disparate parts (Amazon-based shared CPUs, shared databases, and so on). Over the last few months they've began installing live service things as features for sites hosted on their service - and there are bits and pieces that are a bit twitchy (bugged) that are spilling over in various places. The service worker bit there is a pointer to that live stuff. However, it may be something on our end has not been updated to keep pace with those hosted changes, something specific to Safari and the software that is bugged, or just a bug that rears its head now and then.

I'll keep an ear to the ground (and you'll likely see some of that live service stuff pop up here in a month or two)

UPDATE: I checked, this will be likely patched in a newer version but it will still be a month out or so before it hits this site. Also as an FYI for anyone using Private or Incognito modes, Firefox in Private mode does not support service workers (apparently) so you'll see stuff like this when using such.

• Mind Blown 1

Yes it did.

Sorry didn't update but it's happened more than once and has resolved itself each time.

I don't know if it's being fixed on the server or my browser just stops running into the error.

Always seemed temporary but I figured I'd report it.

• Useful 1