Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Yeah, that was odd. I also learned today that the Swiss skips don't shoot last. The women's skip shoots third and the men's shoots second. Whatever works, I guess.

I don't know if it's still true or not, but I believe the Danish men have a similar setup to the Swiss where the skip throws second stones and the vice-skip throws fourth stones. I'm curious if the American women might adopt a similar approach to Tirinzoni's rink. I think Kevin Martin mentioned during the Canada-USA game that Roth seemed to have a better understanding of the angles than Peterson did. 

Well phooey. I wish it had been closer, but GB stubbornly refused to make any mistakes. But I’m glad Japan got their silver! And I like Eve and GB just fine, so if it couldn’t be Japan, this was the next best thing.

I was happy with both the men's and women's gold medallists. I guess I'm just a big old softy when it comes to skips battling against injuries to finally capture Olympic glory on their fourth try (interestingly, Shuster also needed four Olympic runs before he got gold in 2018). If this trend continues, maybe Mouat will win gold in 2034 and Fujisawa in 2030. 

• Love 2