Type keyword(s) to search

Witches and Demons and Whitelighters, Oh My! The Characters of Charmed

• Start Topic

This thread is for discussion of the show's characters (and romantic pairings, if desired), not focusing on any specific episode. Expect discussion of any and all aired episodes.

I'll start! I often see people say that [X character] or [X couple] is eating up all the screen time, and I've always idly wanted to go through an ep or two and add up each character's screen time to see if that's accurate or just perception because people dislike a certain character or pairing. Unfortunately, I'm lazy. However, I'm in luck, because it turns out someone else has done it!

Here's the screen time for every character and pairing in season two.

Here's the screen time for every character and pairing in season three.

Pretty interesting stuff!

• Love 2

Does anyone really care about Abby or Jordan on this show?  They are both so boring (no offense to the actors) and non-essential.  This show deserves more dynamic supporting characters.  It's like the writers have no idea what to do with Abby & Jordan except use them as cut-to's in between sister storylines.

9 hours ago, Genius said:

Does anyone really care about Abby or Jordan on this show?  They are both so boring (no offense to the actors) and non-essential.  This show deserves more dynamic supporting characters.  It's like the writers have no idea what to do with Abby & Jordan except use them as cut-to's in between sister storylines.

I like Abby, I think she could probably have a more entertaining show tbh...but I want her off the show. She takes to much focus from the sisters, is in general a better witch than the sisters, and the whole demon overlord thing is really one of the dumbest storylines ever. Why in the hell would you take away the MAIN villains from a series? Thats like Buffy having a Vampire King and they call a truce. 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I like Abby, I think she could probably have a more entertaining show tbh...but I want her off the show. She takes to much focus from the sisters, is in general a better witch than the sisters, and the whole demon overlord thing is really one of the dumbest storylines ever. Why in the hell would you take away the MAIN villains from a series? Thats like Buffy having a Vampire King and they call a truce. 

Agreed.  And Jordan has no point on the show.  The writers can't decide if he's a romantic interest for Maggie, and looping him into the supernatural world with a curse on his bloodline seemed like just a lame way to plug him into b-plots when they need to fill time.  YAWN.  Seriously, the writers could surround these sisters with a very dynamic supporting cast, but...nah.  Of course, the move to Seattle and SafeSpace was dumb to me in the first place.  It immediately plucked them from a grounded setting where they had roots and history.  Whatevz.

• Love 1