Type keyword(s) to search

Land (2021)

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

From acclaimed actress Robin Wright comes her directorial debut LAND, the poignant story of one woman's search for meaning in the vast and harsh American wilderness. Edee (Wright), in the aftermath of an unfathomable event, finds herself unable to stay connected to the world she once knew and in the face of that uncertainty, retreats to the magnificent, but unforgiving, wilds of the Rockies. After a local hunter (Demián Bichir) brings her back from the brink of death, she must find a way to live again.

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought it would.  It's slower than I normally like, but it had a good gradual build, and even brought tears to my eyes (in a good way).

On 2/20/2021 at 1:56 PM, aquarian1 said:

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought it would.  It's slower than I normally like, but it had a good gradual build, and even brought tears to my eyes (in a good way).

At the beginning, I was kicking myself for not vetting the movie better, because I don't want to watch some ill-prepared person suffering in the wilderness.  But then it turned into something very different, and I liked it very much.  I audibly gasped at the guy's revelation at the end, and then the tears flowed.

My only quibble was trying to keep track of the timeline with the seasons, until she was at the hospital asking after the nurse, and saying she'd met her two years ago. 

• Love 1