Type keyword(s) to search

Run (2020)

Brn2bwild
  • Start Topic

I didn't see another thread for this movie.  I thought that this was a really thrilling and fun, probably one of the best thrillers I've seen in a while.  Sarah Paulson is amazing in anything she's in (I last saw her in Mrs. America), but the really phenomenal performance came from newcomer Kiera Allen, who uses a wheelchair in real life.  

One thing I really liked was that throughout, the actions that Allen's character took never felt implausible.  

Spoiler

Okay, her being able to drag herself across the roof with her mouth full was a bit of a stretch, but something I could believe someone would do if she were desperate to escape.  One question for science people: how did the mixture she had in her mouth cause the window to break?

Anyway, this movie is streaming on Hulu for those who want to check it out.   

• Love 3
On 12/6/2020 at 12:45 PM, Brn2bwild said:

Hide contents

Okay, her being able to drag herself across the roof with her mouth full was a bit of a stretch, but something I could believe someone would do if she were desperate to escape.  One question for science people: how did the mixture she had in her mouth cause the window to break?

Spoiler

She superheated the glass with her soldering iron (that we previously saw her use to solder the wires in her 3D printer) and then cooled it with the water. Like most substances glass expands when it is heated and contracts when it is cooled, by rapidly cooling the glass she caused the the glass to attempt to rapidly contract. Glass, being notoriously brittle, can't adapt to such a scenario and shattered. 

Just watched this movie, it was very good. It was great at building suspense which I feel these types of movies sometimes aren't great at. I also recommend it if you are looking for a fun thriller. 

The only big issue I had was 

Spoiler

The keepsake box that "Chloe" found in the basement with the original Chloe's death certificate and the clipping of the news story. It doesn't really make sense to me that Diane would keep around anything that would prove that "Chloe" is not her daughter. I get that they had to have "Chloe" find out the truth somehow, but I felt there probably could've been a way that made more sense; like maybe she could've gotten ahold of the dead mailman's cell phone. 

I don't feel that was enough to ruin my enjoyment of the movie, but it did feel awkward to me. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1