Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Topic I Follow Keeps Disappearing

justmehere

The Figure Skating topic under Sports keeps disappearing from my followed topics list. I follow, it shows up in the list for a while, and then suddenly is gone, Rinse and repeat. I've just re-followed again -- I think this last time only lasted about a week before it disappeared. 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:06 AM, justmehere said:

The Figure Skating topic under Sports keeps disappearing from my followed topics list. I follow, it shows up in the list for a while, and then suddenly is gone, Rinse and repeat. I've just re-followed again -- I think this last time only lasted about a week before it disappeared. 

Hmm, strange. How many times has this occurred approx? I just checked and currently the topic is still in your followed content. However, if it should disappear again please don't instantly re-follow it, report so I can take a look first. Also, please provide the following information: 

Mobile/Desktop: 

Operating System / Version: 

Browser: 

I have also followed the topic to see whether this happens to me.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Mobile/Desktop: 

Operating System / Version: 

Browser: 

Laptop

Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.1139

Chrome 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hard to say how many times it has happened - I'd say 4 or 5 over a fairly long period of time... maybe a year or so ( it happened with other topics too, after one of the major site upgrades; this one continued). I mostly scan for unread posts and don't always notice right away that the topic is specifically missing.

Thanks for the help. Will let you know if/when it happens again.

Hi - The topic has disappeared from my followed topics again. I posted something yesterday, accessing through the usual list of topics. Today, a notification popped that there were reactions to the post. I clicked the notifications bell at the top of the screen and then the link to the reactions/post. Afterward, when I looked at my list of followed topics, Figure Skating wasn't there. I don't know if it was there before clicking the notifications bell. The notice popped up first so I didn't go through the normal route. Possible connection? 

On 12/12/2020 at 1:51 AM, justmehere said:

Hi - The topic has disappeared from my followed topics again. I posted something yesterday, accessing through the usual list of topics. Today, a notification popped that there were reactions to the post. I clicked the notifications bell at the top of the screen and then the link to the reactions/post. Afterward, when I looked at my list of followed topics, Figure Skating wasn't there. I don't know if it was there before clicking the notifications bell. The notice popped up first so I didn't go through the normal route. Possible connection? 

Very odd. I've been following that topic since October and it's still there in my followed topics, which would seem to indicate it isn't a sitewide bug. I've re-followed it for you, try using the same process as above and let me know the outcome please & thanks, let's see if we can replicate it.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, SilverStormm said:

Very odd. I've been following that topic since October and it's still there in my followed topics, which would seem to indicate it isn't a sitewide bug. I've re-followed it for you, try using the same process as above and let me know the outcome please & thanks, let's see if we can replicate it.

I used the last link to reactions to the Figure Skating topic to access, then looked at the list of all followed ones again. Figure Skating was still there. The link wasn't "active" this time, though, so maybe that made a difference? It's very odd! 

Edited by justmehere

New info:  I posted last evening in the topic. Today there was a notification of reactions, and I accessed through the live link. Afterward when I checked the full list, Figure Skating had disappeared again! So there seems to be something about accessing through an active link under notifications. 

Hi -- it just happened with another topic I follow. I posted in the 12 Monkeys topic, used a reaction link to access the topic today, and when I looked at my list of followed topics right after, 12 Monkeys was no longer there. Definitely something going on with those links.