Type keyword(s) to search

TGIF

• Start Topic

Remember ABC's TGIF programming block? It was the first two hours (before some news magazine show) on Friday nights. I think it may have started in the 80s but it's most prominent and best time was in the 90s.

What would be your dream TGIF lineup? And they don't have to be shows that aired at the same time. You can pick and choose shows from different years.

Mine would be:

• Family Matters
  • Full House
  • Step by Step
  • Boy Meets World

I was lukewarm on Family Matters. I just picked that to fill out my list. It was okay though. I didn't really get the whole Urkel appeal. He was more on the annoying side for me. I liked Full House. Step by Step and Boy Meets World were my favorite.

I watch Fuller House and love it. It's goofy as goofy gets but it knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a fun show and it looks like the cast has a lot of fun. I didn't like Girl Meets World. It did take itself too seriously and had none of the fun and love that BMW had. In all their heaviness and angst, they forgot to be entertaining. Sure we learned lessons on BMW but it was also funny and had characters we cared about. And when I learned a lesson, I didn't realize I was learning it. GMW kinda beat you over the head with lessons.

Anyway, what's your dream TGIF lineup?