Type keyword(s) to search

S06.11 Can't Truss 'Em

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Lyons' world is turned upside down as they face a loss, which forces one Lyon to deal with an unresolved trauma from the past; Andre makes an important decision about his health, family and career; Devon confronts Tiana.

So, what is the Lyon body count up to at this point? 25? 30?

RIP, White Tracy. You obviously didn't realize that being around the Lyon clan can be hazardous to your health (Bunkie, Vernon, et. al coulda told ya).

How many times are we going to go on the merry-go-round with Tiana and Hakeem?

Andre should've taken in-patient treatment.

Continuing to love the Bossy ladies. Glad Porsha has joined them.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2

I agree with everything you said about this episode. But I don't know how many times we are going to keep spinning on this merry go-round with Tiana and Hakeem. But one of the things I noticed Tiana tell him about the night of the ASA's that it was a mistake, and he told her, "Yeah, it's a mistake until it happens again, right?" I realize that they both love each other, and things have happened in the past that are hard to forget, but this is why I don't believe they should marry at the end of the series, because they haven't been honest with each other about a lot of things, and they don't know each others' wants and needs, and I think they need to work on this, and communicating before they can ever be married, so I feel like they will be better off in a relationship that they need to work on, to build a foundation for themselves, and their kids.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they need to work on this, and communicating before they can ever be married, so I feel like they will be better off in a relationship that they need to work on, to build a foundation for themselves, and their kids.

Yeah, I agree. Tiana and Hakeem were better off as friendly exes who were co-parenting, and I wish the writers had kept that going for a while. If they'd done that, I'd be ok with them eventually realizing they still love each other. But as it stands now, the writers have had them ping-ponging back and forth so much that any reunion is likely to be anticlimatic.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2020 at 10:46 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

Yeah, I agree. Tiana and Hakeem were better off as friendly exes who were co-parenting, and I wish the writers had kept that going for a while. If they'd done that, I'd be ok with them eventually realizing they still love each other. But as it stands now, the writers have had them ping-ponging back and forth so much that any reunion is likely to be anticlimatic.

I definitely agree with this, and since they have been on and off during the entire series, it would make more sense for them to work on their relationship and work out their problems, as well as coparent, because their relationship as a couple only works when they seem to be working through things together, and that's why they shouldn't get married at the end of the series, because it wouldn't make any sense for them to marry at the end of the series at all.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 7:24 PM, Angeleyes said:

The problem is that all of the romantic relationships on this show are so toxic that it’s impossible to cheer on any couples to be together. 

Yes, I definitely agree with you. This series has never really had too many happy moments except for when the family came together to fight for the company, and things like that. I have a question for you that's unrelated to the topic, but is about one of the actresses. I just want to get your honest opinion on this. 

Do you think Serayah (Tiana) can act? Why or why not ? Because she hasn't gotten many roles outside of Empire.

I think she’s okay. She’s better than some of the other actors portraying singers on this show, but nowhere near the level of Taraji. Serayah is young and has grown some since she first started on the show. 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, Angeleyes said:

I think she’s okay. She’s better than some of the other actors portraying singers on this show, but nowhere near the level of Taraji. Serayah is young and has grown some since she first started on the show. 

I agree with you. I feel as though she should work on the craft more, and take acting classes to be just as great as Taraji is in the future. Thanks for your opinion.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, Angeleyes said:

@journalism16 Hopefully Serayah will be able to take on different roles once Empire is done that will help her grow as an actor. The role of Tiana (and frankly, many of the supporting roles) has been written as somewhat one dimensional. 

I hope she will be able to have that chance as well, and I believe she did well with the material that was given, during the duration of the show. Because I noticed Bryshere and others were able to take on different roles during the show's run, but she wasn't able to, because she was busy, but maybe it's also because her mom is her manager, and a lot of people feel like she may not get as far because her mom is her manager. But do you see her in your opinion, taking on other roles after Empire is over?

• Love 1

@journalism16 I don’t know much about her outside of the show. I guess most of the cast are now trying to figure out what’s next. I think for everyone it will be about what offers come in either acting or musically as well as what they personally want to focus on. It’s a weird time for the industry in general so it’s hard to know how that will affect the prospects for everyone in the cast. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

@journalism16 I don’t know much about her outside of the show. I guess most of the cast are now trying to figure out what’s next. I think for everyone it will be about what offers come in either acting or musically as well as what they personally want to focus on. It’s a weird time for the industry in general so it’s hard to know how that will affect the prospects for everyone in the cast. 

That's true, because I want to begin my acting career as well, and I'm also noticing the changes that are going on in the industry as well. But yes, It will be a change for the new actors, but not for seasoned actors such as Taraji, Terrence, Tasha, and Vivca. And because actors such as Serayah, Yazz, and others haven't been in the industry long, save for Rhyon Brown, I think it will be interesting to see what they would be personally working on, as well as trying to see what comes next for them, once they aren't working, because they have been working for 5 years on the show, they will be in for a shock once they are just sitting around, working on self tapes for auditions, and creating other things, because they don't know when their next gig will come along.

• Love 1