Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG] Spoilers showing up briefly when opening a thread

SoMuchTV

It seems like when the latest post on a thread contains text in spoiler tags, it shows up briefly (long enough to read, if it's short) before it turns to a pink box saying "reveal spoiler".  This has happened twice to me in the last few minutes - in the Station 19 thread, and in the Better Call Saul Media thread.  Using Firefox (latest version) on a PC.  Do I just need to learn to avert my eyes every time I open a thread for something I don't want to see spoilers on, or is there some adjustment that can be made?

I just checked this out on my iPhone (Safari, latest ios) and it's behaving properly there.  Chrome on PC also seems okay.  Maybe somehow a Firefox issue?  Any ideas for a workaround (besides switching browsers 🙂 )?

Sounds like it's the page loading speed when using Firefox. I'll report it to the devs but in the meantime, the best advice is to use an alternative browser. Might be worth clearing your cookies in Firefox to see if that helps? Please let me know if it does.

No, clearing cookies in Firefox didn't seem to make a difference.  I've only noticed this happening in the last couple of days, but maybe it's a coincidence that I've been opening threads where the last post has a spoiler.

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

No, clearing cookies in Firefox didn't seem to make a difference.  I've only noticed this happening in the last couple of days, but maybe it's a coincidence that I've been opening threads where the last post has a spoiler.

Would you provide a link to a topic where you've experienced this please.

..https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/21208-better-call-saul-in-the-media/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-5905896 ..

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.  I'm trying to cut & paste the url, but it keeps turning it into a copy of the post.  Maybe the version I pasted into Notepad & added '..' before and after will help?

But basically, it's the "Better Call Saul" forum, the "media" topic.  If someone else posts after that, you may not see the problem.  Let me know if you need to set up something in the "test" area and let me try that.  Basically the problem seems to happen when the most recent post has a spoiler tag.

• Useful 1

The devs have given the following advice:

This is a minor artifact in how spoilers are implemented. The content is hidden by javascript, and so it is possible for a slight delay when a page loads before javascript takes that action of hiding the spoiler content.

Clearly, Firefox is slower at resolving the mentioned delay than other browsers. Unfortunately, this means it's a case of WYSIWYG.

• Useful 1