Type keyword(s) to search

[SUGGESTION, NOT POSSIBLE ATM] Mute or ignore topic(s) within a thread

I've tried to find this option, so please forgive me if I missed it.

It would be really nice to be able to hide/mute/ignore certain topics in a forum I otherwise follow, so that they don't appear in the forum, they're not included in the "Next Unread Topic"* progression, and don't count as "Unread" in that forum, so if I'm all caught up on unhidden topics, the forum would show as Read. This would save a lot of unnecessary clicks, since the site tends to load much slower than others (at least on my devices), and help avoid spoilers due to lags or general user clumsiness. 

For example, I'd like to be able to hide the Spoilers/News/Social Media topics on reality show forums like Married at First Sight, so that I don't accidentally view them while clicking through topics, or tap them when aiming for another topic as the page does its "just kidding, I wasn't quite done loading" bump. 

Thanks!

*Even if this is not possible, I'd love to see the upcoming topic's title brought back under "Next Unread Topic." That was a feature on the previous site iteration that I found really helpful.

• Love 2
On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I've tried to find this option, so please forgive me if I missed it.

It would be really nice to be able to hide/mute/ignore certain topics in a forum I otherwise follow, so that they don't appear in the forum, they're not included in the "Next Unread Topic"* progression, and don't count as "Unread" in that forum, so if I'm all caught up on unhidden topics, the forum would show as Read. This would save a lot of unnecessary clicks, since the site tends to load much slower than others (at least on my devices), and help avoid spoilers due to lags or general user clumsiness. 

For example, I'd like to be able to hide the Spoilers/News/Social Media topics on reality show forums like Married at First Sight, so that I don't accidentally view them while clicking through topics, or tap them when aiming for another topic as the page does its "just kidding, I wasn't quite done loading" bump. 

Thanks!

This isn't possible with our current software I'm afraid. I will make a note of it for a future 'would like to have' update someday. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

*Even if this is not possible, I'd love to see the upcoming topic's title brought back under "Next Unread Topic." That was a feature on the previous site iteration that I found really helpful.

This devs, in their wisdom, changed this during the last upgrade, so currently it's a case of WYSIWYG. I think it's unlikely that they'll decide to reverse that decision, but you never know!