Type keyword(s) to search

Encore! - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I nearly skipped the Godspell and Pippin episodes because I didn’t know those musicals, but they were two of my favorite episodes. The reactions of their kids in the audience during the Flesh Dance! Oh, I laughed. The restauranteur from San Francisco (Anthony maybe? The role that was shared by two men)... I’m going to have to drive up to SF to find him and ask him to read me the phone book. Ohhh, that voice.

When they brought in the former drama teacher for Anything Goes, he looked frail, but either that was just a moment of unsteadiness, or he really absorbed their energy. He looked stronger each day. I loved seeing the joy and love between the teachers and former students in all of the episodes.

My favorite was the Anything Goes episode. A bunch of amazing voices, a lot of joy and friendship. I watched Lady Marmalade twice (the woman singing the words “Creole Lady Marmalade “ slayed me!) and the performance twice, too. I laughed so hard at Kenny’s “That’s a lot of stuff” comment. They had such fun.

During the Oklahoma episode, when they kept talking about the Lindahls and showing the Lindahl Theatre, I thought, “Lindahl, Lindahl...there was a Matt Lindahl on Nashville Star who was really good. He looks like them. I bet he’s related. Yep! There he is, supporting his sister.”

My sisters were all involved with musical productions In high school, and I looked forward to the same (as not-cast — can’t sing at all). Their high school closed so I ended up at a different high school, one known for its really great musicals and a fantastic teacher leading them. They took so much of his time that (gossip was) his wife threatened to divorce him if he did any more. So my freshman year... new drama teacher, and The Crucible. Sad trombone. No theatre for me.