Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Sin Eater

When Ichabod Crane goes missing, his wife, Katrina, appears to Lt. Abbie Mills in a vision warning her that the Headless Horseman will return to Sleepy Hollow by nightfall. A frantic Abbie seeks help from the mysterious Henry Parrish, who holds vital clues about how Crane can vanquish his dangerous blood tie to the Horseman. Meanwhile, an encounter from Crane's past weighs heavily on him, and details about his first encounter with Katrina are revealed.

(edited)

For me, this is the episode where things really gained momentum and everything really started to fall into place. Not that everything was revealed, but the idea of a larger picture was made clearer. It cemented the relationship between Abbie and Ichabod, it introduced Henry Parrish, a character I found fascinating. There moments of humor and there are moments of loss. After the pilot, this episode finally seemed like the show was going somewhere. As supernatural as it was, it was also about people, which is what Sleepy Hollow does best, I think.

Edited by frenchtoast
  • Love 1
(edited)

For me, this is the episode where things really gained momentum and everything really started to fall into place. Not that everything was revealed, but the idea of a larger picture was made clearer. It cemented the relationship between Abbie and Ichabod, it introduced Henry Parrish, a character I found fascinating. There moments of humor and there are moments of loss. After the pilot, this episode finally seemed like the show was going somewhere. As supernatural as it was, it was also about people, which is what Sleepy Hollow does best, I think.

Again, the opening baseball scene was made of win. Just hilarious and fun and it was nice to see Abbie and Ichabod having some downtime together.

I totally agree. It is one of my favorites and the show had finally seemed to find it's footing. The final scene with Ichabod taking the poison and Abbie trying to talk him out of it, the connection and intimacy - I was in tears, and even upon rewatch - tears. It was such an amazing tense emotional moment between the two leads.

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 3