Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Out of Time

(edited)

Three passengers from 1953 arrive in modern day Cardiff, when their plane flies through the Rift. With no means of travelling back, each person must adapt to their new life, starting personal relationships with the separate members of Torchwood.

Jack: There's no puzzle to solve, no enemy to fight, just three lost people who've somehow become our responsibility.

Ah, the Torchwood "Christmas" episode. Fun times...

Edited by indeed

This ep i would class as one of their "missed opportunities " . The concept was so interesting and the actors were fantastic but it ended up being about the 3 Torchwood people and not about the people who were "Out Of Time"

But it had Ianto and bananas LOL. His shopping trip was the most constructive thing anyone in Torchwoood did for these people , at least it was practical.

My mind boggles at Jack, Gwen and Owen. First off Owen, the supposed Doctor basically has sex with his patient. Gwen takes home someone for Christmas, this is the woman who is lying about her job, why take your job home ? And Jack was so busy feeling sorry for himself, he couldn't warn the guy about his Dad and what he would find even though the guy was already struggling badly. It was like the first 3 eps Dumbarse r us instead of Torchwood. I wouldn't believe these guys could help anyone.

My mind boggles at Jack, Gwen and Owen. First off Owen, the supposed Doctor basically has sex with his patient. Gwen takes home someone for Christmas, this is the woman who is lying about her job, why take your job home ? And Jack was so busy feeling sorry for himself, he couldn't warn the guy about his Dad and what he would find even though the guy was already struggling badly. It was like the first 3 eps Dumbarse r us instead of Torchwood. I wouldn't believe these guys could help anyone.

We joke about Torchwood being incompetent, but they are oddly kind of incompetent. Even basic common sense seems to elude them a lot of the time. This episode is ruined a bit for me because of that. It's similar to Adrift in that I can't help thinking poor handling and incompetence is as much responsible for the bad outcome for the Riftfugees as the overwhelming situation. I get that they're trying to show Torchwood as flawed, but I find them less flawed and more just not all that good or smart at what they do and I'm never sure what to do with that. Are we supposed to find that endearing? 

But I agree about the guest characters. They are interesting and I'm genuinely interested in their stories, even though I'm not all that interested in the romance between Owen and Diane. Maybe because I just don't care about Owen so him being dumped after a week of a relationship is more eh than aww for me. This is one of those episodes like Random Shoes where I wish they'd shaken things up a bit. Tosh is pretty absent from this episode. 

We joke about Torchwood being incompetent, but they are oddly kind of incompetent. Even basic common sense seems to elude them a lot of the time. This episode is ruined a bit for me because of that. It's similar to Adrift in that I can't help thinking poor handling and incompetence is as much responsible for the bad outcome for the Riftfugees as the overwhelming situation. I get that they're trying to show Torchwood as flawed, but I find them less flawed and more just not all that good or smart at what they do and I'm never sure what to do with that. Are we supposed to find that endearing? 

I think there is flawed and then there is "are you crazy" LOL How can Gwen take Emma home and not think it won't turn out the way it does with Rhys realising that she is lying ? The guy lives with her, has done for quite a while and knows her family, the idea is nuts LOL But speaking of Adrift maybe that why Gwen doesn't bother with facts before introducing the relative she wants to be just like Jack. And Owen is right back at "spray rape guy" he is supposed to be the Doctor whether Dianne was fine or not. He's not supposed to go there with a victim. And that's what they are victims of the Rift, not someone they picked up at the bus stop. I honestly wouldn't want TW help , they suck at it LOL

And your right it is a shame cause the actors fit the roles perfectly and they were interesting people that got Torchwooded LOL Maybe that's why Tosh was hidden away, she just got Torchwooded recently LOL