Type keyword(s) to search

5 to 7 (2014)

• Start Topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2486678/

IMHO, this is a very special movie.  It is only rated 7.1 on IMDB which is at least one full point below the rating I would give.

For any young person (or anyone near the age of "young"), this film carries some wonderful and beautiful lessons about falling in love and loving another person.

This film is about a young man who enters into a love affari with an older married woman. He is about 25 and she is about 33. They both come from very different worlds. She is from France and has two children. He is from New York and is a budding writer with a lot of talent. His father is very upset about this relationship. His mother who is played by Glenn Close loves this lady and I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't love her. She is amazing. A true angel here on earth.

I was shocked to learn that it was Glenn Close who played the mother. I never would have recognized her. I watched the entire film twice before I learned the mother was played by Glenn Close. All the cast did a wonderful job and I suspect that most people who  have ever contemplated falling in love will enjoy this film very, very much. I sure did!

If you are a fan of The Americans (which I am), you will probably be very pleasantly surprised to learn that Frank Langella plays the role of the father and - My Oh My - was he ever great in this role!!  But, of course, I think he has been great in every role he has ever played. So, go figure!

• Love 3