Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E25: Live Final Performances

Noreaster
  • Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:56 AM, alecbaldwin said:

I always look forward to your comment on the performances so what do you think about them?

Well, with the new season starting on Monday, I decided to get them watched.  Finally.  So here they go.

Billy (Cover): I don't know why the fangirls were screaming so much.  It really wasn't all that.  His voice was technically good, as usual, but I think a crooner song should be given to, you know, a crooner.  Not a wannabe pop star transitioning from country.  I disagree heavily with .  It wasn't good.  Just . . . wasn't at all.  Sorry.

Josh (Original): So Josh wrote this original song with Nolan Neal, who was on Adam's team until he was booted at the Knockouts?  Interesting.  Nonetheless, Adam didn't seem that enthusiastic about him or the song at all.  I really do think he wanted Brendan in the finale, not Josh.  As for the performance, I barely paid attention to it.  The concept of the song was okay, but he did nothing overwhelmingly interesting with it, and it was his own song.  Plus, I thought I heard some pitch problems during it.

Wé & Alicia: I didn't know that Wé was a pianist, too.  No wonder she and Alicia bonded so much.  As for the performance, I get that many of you resented everything under the sun about Wé, but I actually didn't hate it.  I actually appreciated them doing a more soulful take on an opera song.  There were some pitch problems on Wé's end, though.  That said, while I was okay with the performance, I wish they'd done something more in Wé's wheelhouse for their duet.

Sundance (Original): I actually really liked this one.  Compared to Josh, who seems so generic and boring as a country artist, Sundance actually kept and held my interest the entire way through.  Big voice, lots of power, and exceptional control.  I can see why he got this far, compared to Josh, who shouldn't have.

Billy & Adam: I think Billy was more relaxed and engaged in this one because he knew this wasn't for the audience's votes.  (I wonder why coach duets aren't for votes while covers and original singles are?)  I have to agree, though.  Billy actually outshined Adam on this one.

Wé (Original): Loved it.  Loved that one of Alicia's own friends wrote it especially for her.  I thought she did an absolute amazing job, again despite what the haters have to say.  Pity it didn't help her win.

Josh & Adam: Honestly, if your coach outshines you this much, you don't deserve to win.  Adam was so much better on this, a song in which Josh should've been the star.  As for the song itself, what the hell was that?  I don't even know why they picked that song.  They should've picked one that was more in Josh's wheelhouse than in Adam's.

Sundance & Blake: I think it was very sweet that they did a song dedicated to Sundance's father, Roy, who was in the business well before he was.  And even though they couldn't get Roy himself to appear, using footage of one of his old performances was a clever touch.  He, of course, did an amazing job, and Blake was smart to let Sundance do most of the performance, even though his parts were nice, as well.

Josh (Cover): I thought he was fine on this, but not wonderful.  Would rather have seen and heard another contestant sing this one.  I suppose it was an okay effort, but right near the end, he again had some pitch issues.  I think he's been the worst of the four when it's come to pitch issues, actually.

Sundance (Cover): Never thought anyone could do a country take on "At Last" and do it well.  Sundance did just that, and I am again reminded why he was the last person standing on Team Blake.  I don't know which of his performances won this for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was this one.

Billy (Original): Generic, as always.  Really don't see what the fangirls saw in him throughout this entire season.  I think Adam should've just left it as a Maroon 5 song, because I don't think he'd have sounded half as generic or boring on it as Billy did.

Wé (Cover): Greatly appreciated that she tried to go for something lighthearted and fun.  And yet again, I don't think she was that awful at all.  Not the best, but decent.  But looking at how it charted, once again, I feel like she could've and should've gone for something more in her lane.

I'm just sorry that Miley didn't get Ali or at least Aaron to the end so she could've had something to do other than just sitting in her chair all night.  I would've loved to have seen a duet or an original from one of them.