Type keyword(s) to search

Merlin (2008) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just finished watching the whole series.  I think some things hold up better when you binge watch vs live.  Although I can see the points that many have already made and wish they had made the characters more complex, several of the eps were really fun to watch.  On rewatch I would skip several.

I did like Merlin and Arthur but felt some of the banter was guys avoiding sharing too many real feelings and the jokes were designed to show their building friendship but keep it from getting too real.

Since I expected the ending somewhat, I didn't find the final a kill joy of the whole series.  I would have loved for them to show Arthur wanting to see magic as something possible to allow but then something would force him to go back to what he knew. 

But I kind of liked that it wasn't too dark either.  It was for the most part fun to watch.  It has flaws but I did enjoy watching the series and sometimes had a hard time stopping because it was working really well.  Then a weak ep would come on and it would be easier to take a break.

• Love 1