Type keyword(s) to search

Top 3 Best/ Worst Actors on Revenge

nobody30

In your opinion, which actors delivered the best acting performance on Revenge so far, and which actors the worst, if you had to pick a Top 3 in both categories?

Here are my picks:

Best performance:

1) Emily VanCamp (Emily Thorne/ Amanda Clarke)

If you would have asked me back in Season 1, I guess Madeleine Stowe would have been my top pick, but EVC has been amazing in Season 3 and is in my opinion even topping that in Season 4. Her character development of Emily/ Amanda is so amazing, and I think one of the reasons people keep watching. It's fascinating how her expressions and body language change from con to princess of the Hamptons to hurt daughter. Her reactions to her father in "Meteor" and "Ambush" and "Contact" were outstanding this season.

2) Henry Czerny (Conrad Grayson)

Ruthless villain with style, that's what Conrad Grayson was about, and nobody could have played him like Henry in my opinion. His scenes with Victoria were epic, and he always made me feel the power and cold bloodedness of his character only with his presence.

3) Madeleine Stowe (Victoria Grayson)

I guess for her looks alone she deserves to be in my Top 3, and Madeleine gave the character that little piece of humanity and consciousness that was needed to feel with her, at least sometimes, and hate her at the same time. Sadly it seems she doesn’t know in which direction to go with Victoria anymore in Season 4 (sometimes Victoria is just annoying now), but I think writing plays a big part in it.

Worst performance:

1) James Tupper (David Clarke)

I know it’s kind of unfair to put him on top, as we don’t know yet where his character is supposed to go exactly, but it seems to me that even James Tupper himself has no clue about that. More importantly he is no match to EVC in their scenes, you never know why his character is acting/ reacting in that particular way and you rarely see expressions of emotion of any kind which makes you losing interest in the character.

2) Nick Wechsler (Jack Porter)

Though I do not dislike Jack as a character like many other fans, I have to say that part of this dislike may come from the actor (Nick Wechsler) not being able to provide more than two face expressions  or any kind of different body language matched to the scenes (I know I’m being a little bit cruel now). He just doesn’t seem to be able to give Jack Porter the depth in character he needs to make him matter more.

3) Christa B. Allen (Charlotte Clarke)

Of course playing the spoiled brat that always blames somebody else for her problems does not give much room for being likable as an actor or character development, but we didn’t get much from her as an actor besides sad or annoyed looks, which is not really enough from my point of view.

So, what are your picks in each category?

Edited by nobody30

I agree on best performance picks #1 and #2.  Love Emily Van Camp and Henry Czerny.  Madeleine Stowe, not so much.  She has one facial expression.  I wouldn't call her a good actress.  I'd put Gabriel Mann as #3 (maybe just because I adore him).

My worst performance picks:  I agree on Christa B. Allen and James Tupper .  But again I disagree on Nick Wechsler.  I think he's done a good job this season.  They didn't really give him much to do before this year.  My 3rd pick for worst is as stated above, Madeleine Stowe (I know I will probably be in the minority on this).

Wow, great topic idea!  Here's my $0.02:

Best Performance:

1.  Henry Czerny as Conrad - hands down.  Every single person on this show has had to deal with clunky dialogue, ridiculous plotlines, and inconsistent characterization, but he always managed to elevate the material he was given.

2.  Gabriel Mann as Nolan - Definitely the heart of the show.

3.  Emily Van Camp as Amanda/Emily - Because ultimately if she hadn't gotten me to care about her story, I would have bailed on this show long ago.

Honorable mention:  Joshua Bowman as Daniel, Amber Valletta as Lydia, Margarita Levieva as Emily/Amanda, Max Martini as Frank

Worst Performance:

1. & 2.  James Tupper and Jennifer Jason Leigh as Amanda's parents.  Don't do drugs, kids, or you may end up with the affect and personality of these folks.

3.  Dilshad Vadsaria as Padma - She was saddled with a dramatic, emotional story, and I didn't buy any of it.

Dishonorable Mention:  Connor Paolo as Declan, Christa B. Allen as Charlotte, Justin Hartley as Patrick

I agree on best performance picks #1 and #2.  Love Emily Van Camp and Henry Czerny.  Madeleine Stowe, not so much.  She has one facial expression.  I wouldn't call her a good actress.  I'd put Gabriel Mann as #3 (maybe just because I adore him).

My worst performance picks:  I agree on Christa B. Allen and James Tupper .  But again I disagree on Nick Wechsler.  I think he's done a good job this season.  They didn't really give him much to do before this year.  My 3rd pick for worst is as stated above, Madeleine Stowe (I know I will probably be in the minority on this).

When it comes to Nick Wechsler, maybe it' because I really wanted his character (Jack) to add more to the story, as he never initiates anything but only always suffers the consequences, which is a little bit lame in my opinion, so I guess I could be biased here and Nick has done a better job than I thought when you take some of the bad writing into account. As for Madeleine Stowe, maybe you are a minorty with your opnion, but I feel with you, I probably am a minority in being annoyed by the way Josh Bowman speaks and pronounces, like he can't get his mouth open properly and is chewing gum all the time. :) Still I liked his character...

Edited by nobody30

I probably am a minority in being annoyed by the way Josh Bowman speaks and pronounces, like he can't get his mouth open properly and is chewing gum all the time. :) Still I liked his character...

It's because he is British and speaking in an American accent.  I never really noticed, but maybe that's because I already knew and gave him a little credit for the believable accent. Going to miss him on the show, I was starting to like his character again.