Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E7: The Gloves Are Off

• Start Topic

Just caught up on a bunch of episodes.  I'm an infrequent poster on this board, but I have read through what you all had to say, and I may or may not have spit out my drink more than once.  Spot on, and thanks for the laughs!

I remain fond of Shannon, despite her inability to walk away from her enemies (both people and substances), because sometimes she is the most mature person on the show, she's humorously self-effacing, and I think she genuinely cares about others.  It may be unpopular, but I also like Gina (fellow native Long Islander), also because of her humor, and maybe because she lives the most relatable life and lifestyle.  Emily tests me, but I appreciate that she is a survivor, and I respect her.  And, shockingly, I might actually like Heather who is, I think, a victim of her own pretentiousness.  If she could get past it, she might actually be someone I'd like to know.  If.

The rest I can do without.  Jenn is sweet, but too clueless and weak, and she can't get out of her own way.  Alexis is embarrassingly pathetic, and I feel for her on the day she realizes it.  Katie had me at the beginning, but she's already been way too overtly calculating for me to trust her.  And Tamra is, alas, and to her everlasting detriment, still Tamra.  

As to this episode, I had to roll my eyes (technically, many times, but I'll just mention this one) at Heather's distress over the impact on her children of the fuss over whether she'd call paparazzi.  Lady, if you're that worried, don't call the paparazzi, and don't agree to be on a show that will make a big deal of it, especially when you are so independently wealthy.

I appreciated all of the frank discussions around the dinner table, and especially watching Gina and Emily talk it out the following day.  I sincerely hope their friendship survives the series.  And I hope Shannon one day finds a friend who actually cares about her.  

• Like 7
On 9/4/2024 at 9:12 AM, Palimelon said:

As for the Tamra/Simon stuff, we did see it is disintegrate on camera. It was real and it was ugly.

Bravo showed older episodes last week, and it seems that Simon was arrested when the couple was separated/divorcing because he entered (more than once) Tamra's house although she presumably had a protection order, and he violated it. He went to her house to fight with her in front of the children.

That sucks. The first video was Tamra and Simon off to a daytime party where they had the most uncomfortable and awakward limo ride we have ever seen on this show, where she first told him she wanted a divorce. The second video is her at the same event crying to Vicki about it (and Vicki naturally somehow makes it all about her).

• Like 1