Type keyword(s) to search

Time (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Time is a BBC series that dramatizes stories about people in prison. It was initially a one season story but it has been turned into an anthology with its second season. It’s unknown if there will be more seasons. Both seasons are now on Britbox US

Season 1, with 3 episodes, starred Sean Bean and Stephen Graham that was a personal story about Bean and Graham’s characters. It was created and written by Jimmy McGovern

Season 2, with 3 episodes, starred Jodie Whittaker, Tamara Lawrance and Bella Ramsey that was a story about women at a women’s prison. It was co-written by McGovern and Helen Black

I thought Season 1 was absolutely brilliant. Very sad and hard to watch at times, and yet compelling and absorbing. I didn't find Season 2 quite as gripping, but the original was a hard act to follow. I look forward to reading others' thoughts on both seasons.

• Like 1