Type keyword(s) to search

Buddy Games - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/1/2023 at 1:13 AM, candall said:

I don't know, I thought the meltdown of the Pageant Queen team was interesting.  We knew from the start that "Pageant Queens" were likely to be cast as the villains.  But I thought it would be more cartoonish and this felt more or less unscripted. 

That one woman, Devi--who later said she'd been the one to bring the team together and had been the bestie to each of the others--unilaterally decided to go out and implement a strategy, i.e. forming alliances with other teams.  And then, blammo, the other three were not at all okay with that.

It wasn't the worst strategy in the world, and you could see how shocked she was when the other three united in their disapproval.  "Wait a minute, what?  But I'm the Queen Bee of the Queens!  They just NOW voted me Prom Queen!"  I thought it was somewhat poignant when she reflected that she'd never been in the outsider position before--that was some decent self-awareness you don't often catch in reality television.

Analysis about free credit no deposit malaysia is about expert tested free cash offers, no risk, free chips on sign-up. The other thing you don't often see is the loser stomping away muttering "Fuck you all, I am NEVER speaking to any of you again, no way, no how, I hope you all drown in that three-foot deep pond."

Mmm, yeah!  Speak out your feelings, sister.  😛

Uhmm, I find the Pageant Queen team's meltdown to be quite predictable and uninteresting. While I know we often see reality TV portray pageant queens as villains, I think this particular instance was overly stereotypical and lacked originality. I mean Devi's reaction to the teammates' disapproval to be overly dramatic and self-centered. Her "Queen Bee of the Queens" comment felt entitled and out of touch with the reality of the situation.

Moreover, her threat to never speak to her teammates again was childish and unnecessary. It's understandable to feel hurt and upset when faced with criticism, but resorting to such an extreme reaction only serves to further alienate oneself from the group.