Type keyword(s) to search

Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's every bit as great as it looks -- her usual blend of social commentary, family humor, and visions of how different menopause would be treated if men went through it.

Her opening line in "Not Normal" will forever be her best, but this one sets the stage perfectly as well.  She lists all the thing that have happened since then (2019) and says she should have called that one "The Good Ol' Days" and she thinks she'll call this one "Here Comes Jesus".

The physical comedy in her imagining of how public restrooms wind up dirty had me laughing so hard I almost wound up doing my own peeing, and it's all in service to "I welcome my trans sisters to the ladies room".

My absolute favorite line is about states banning books and drag shows but not assault rifles, that unless a drag queen marches into a school and beats eight kids to death with a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, you are focusing on the wrong shit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1