Type keyword(s) to search

When Hope Calls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In the early 1900s, sisters Lillian and Grace open an orphanage in a northwestern town which is on the cusp of change; the sisters strive to find happiness and romance while meeting the challenges of taking care of the children in their care.

Season 2 - on a different network, two years after the end of Season 1 - of this When Calls the Heart spinoff premiered on Dec. 18, 2021 with a two-hour Christmas special.  Lori Loughlin was a guest star in her first acting job since her prison sentence.

• Love 1

Is it just me or have they not even tried to make the women look era authentic? Their hair and make up look very modern and even their clothing could be easily worn today and no one would give you a strange look. I know When Calls the Heart isn't always authentic either but they try a lot harder than they do in this show. 

On 3/13/2022 at 1:21 AM, LadyIrony said:

Is it just me or have they not even tried to make the women look era authentic? Their hair and make up look very modern and even their clothing could be easily worn today and no one would give you a strange look. I know When Calls the Heart isn't always authentic either but they try a lot harder than they do in this show. 

LOL, as though a woman like Tess, spending long hours in all kinds of weather doing grueling outdoor work, would have her hair curled?? 😃

Honestly, I think a lot of it (on both shows) has to do with the actresses' preferring to look good, versus authentic to their time period. Which of course don't have to be mutually exclusive things...

One thing I do like is that Grace wears the same few outfits repeatedly, such as that blue dress she's literally always in. It's definitely realistic that a young woman who fairly recently aged out of an orphanage and worked fairly low-paying jobs such as waitressing would only have a few different things. 

Still, very strangely, no news about the rest of Season 2 - either when it's going to air or that it won't air - although it was recently announced that Morgan Kohan landed the lead in a new series called Sullivan's Crossing. So I guess maybe that's information right there, if the main actors are looking for other jobs.