Type keyword(s) to search

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Has anyone else watched this? I'm four episodes in via Toonami. It's the sequel series to InuYasha I never wanted!

Yeah, there's hijinks in the Feudal Era, where the demons still roam, mystical weapons are commonplace, and Lady Kaede is still alive even though we're about fifteen years after the event of InuYasha. There are a few twists. For one, the daughter of InuYasha and Kagome -- Moroha -- isn't one of the main leads. Sure, she's front and center, but the focus is on the daughters of Sesshōmaru. Thanks to a forest fire and a convenient time portal, they are separated, with one of them going forward tot he modern era. Towa is befriended by Sota (Kagome's brother), and he and his wife wind up raising her. Meanwhile, the younger Satsuna becomes a hard-ass demon slayer. Also, she never sleeps. Dunno what's up with that.

So far, it's been a good watch, even if the first episode was mostly the original cast doing stuff shortly after Kagome moves to the Feudal Era for good. I'm not reading spoilers, and I'm afraid to ask who was the mother of Towa and Satsuna. The only female I saw Sesshōmaru with was Rin . . . and given that she was a kid in the original series, that's a little squicky. Also: I think Jakken may have watched the conception of one or both girls. The thought of InyYasha and Kagome producing Moroha doesn't weird me out. It helps that she's what those in the Modern Era might call "a pistol." She can sword-wield, shoot a bow, AND not shut up! She is cute, though

Anyone want to weigh in?

Huh. I didn’t think to post here. Damn. Not that the anime is bad, and the heroines are intriguing, but apparently it wasn’t enough for me to drop in and smart off.

Second season starts on Toonami tonight at 12:30.