Type keyword(s) to search

SuperMooc 2 (Online Free Comic Class)

Chip
  • Start Topic

Hey all,

Some of you may be interested in an online class that is about to start. I took the last one called "Gender in Comics" and the next one is "Social Issues Through Comic Books". It's free, it's a mooc as the kids are calling in these days, and it is an excuse to read comics and feel like you may be learning something.

If it is like the last one, you will read some assigned comics available through comixology or elsewhere, maybe read an academic paper or two, watch a few clips of the teacher, and then there will be a live interview with the comic creator via youtube. It was fun.

The teacher suggested that you organize into smaller discussion groups, so if anyone on the previously.tv forums happens to be taking it, let me know because I am looking for a discussion group.

All the info you might need is here: http://www.supermooc.org/ or you can jump straight to signup

It starts on March 10!

(I just found the list of this year's comics in the syllabus.)