Type keyword(s) to search

Not Really Showing Real Life In Prison

Ralo
  • Start Topic

I think one thing that really stuck out to me is that obviously everyone knows there is a camera crew in and no matter what they all think they are there for the officers are going to be acting different while being watched by the outside world than if there were no cameras. The point of the show is to stop all the gang stuff and crime in prisons but I could bet a lot that many of the prison guards contribute in some way to the crime that goes on in these places. And I know they really mistreat inmates too a lot of the time and I know damn well it's not being portrayed accurately in this programme they are on there best behavior no doubt. You're going to catch some of the inmates who are troubled and doing crime and further ruin their chances of reform but the COs get to watch it all and stay covered and when the cameras go they'll start shovelling all the drugs back in. It's pretty sad.