Type keyword(s) to search

Paranoia Agent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Today, Toonami announced that Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma will be replaced by Paranoia Agent. That was an anime that aired in early 2004 in Japan, and wound up airing on Adult Swim in mid-2005.

To say that Paranoia Agent is a bit weird is putting things mildly. I mean, it's not that bizarre by anime standards, but it managed to tick off a lot of boxes in its thirteen-episode run. Basically, most of the action centers on the victims of Lil' Slugger (Shōnen Bat; translates to "Bat Boy"), a young boy on inline skates wielding a metal baseball bat with an odd bend. And things just jump off from there.

If you haven't seen it? It's a trip. If you have seen it? Rediscover a quirky anime series, complete with opening credits music that is hard to get out of your head.

I guess no one is watching. Well, I just want to bump this thread up because "Happy Family Planning" airs this Saturday, and it's one of the more effed-up episodes of the series.