Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Sparks and Recreation

Yay, introducing Chris Brody.

You know looking back I can sort of redeem Chris because he did the snark really well.

It's also the episode with the super popular previously unseen mayor. Did they elect a new one since he died? Or do they just let the Guard and the Aldermen (I think that's who get consulted on the Chief position) run things?

This episode's title is up at the top of my "You go stand in the corner and think about what you did" list."

Hi, Dwight! Yeah, theoretically other things happened in this episode, but the most important one by far is "Hi, Dwight!" Not least because most of the other things that happened in this episode were Chris Brody. I may hate Julia more, but God that's a close race. Chris only edges her out because it's so damn fun to watch Nathan go starry-eyed over him.

I may hate Julia more, but God that's a close race. Chris only edges her out because it's so damn fun to watch Nathan go starry-eyed over him.

At least Chris is supposed to suck. He's supposed to be a grouchy jerk, and maybe some viewers find that charming like Audrey apparently does, but I think the character and his story still work if you don't see him as likable. We have no reason to believe anyone, aside from Audrey, would like him at all if he weren't troubled, so I don't mind his presence because a) it's pretty brief, and b) I don't get the feeling the show thinks that I should like him, necessarily.

The show doesn't think I should like him, no, but it does seem to think I should find his bland hatred of everyone entertaining. At the very least it expects me to understand why Audrey is drawn to him, and the only real reason is "because the writers are leaning on the tired old 'women are attracted to assholes' trope."

(edited)

I had a huge crush on Jason Priestly during his 90210 days. Didn't like Chris Brody much when I first watched the series, but on re watch he isn't so bad.At least the acting is good.

Plus you always knew that the relationship was a plot device to get Nathan to realize and acknowledge his feelings for Audrey so it was never really going anywhere and the audience was kinda waiting for it to end

I think the acting was good and even the chemistry with Audrey was good considering they had known each other for such a short time, I think  as someone else stated somewhere he may have been better cast as William though.

Agree about Dwight's hair, much prefer the shorter hair, same applies to Duke

Edited by BlueJay81