Type keyword(s) to search

Primetimer Politics Policy

Please see updated Politics Policy here - Updated as of March 2024

As per our golden rule: Be Civil (or Be Gone), Primetimer expects respectful interaction no matter the topic at hand.

The Primetimer forums are primarily an entertainment TV discussion platform, we also provide platforms for movie discussion and general tv-related topics, as well as accommodating discussion of other adjacent or tangentially-related stuff, i.e. pop culture and general interest. We do not provide a platform for news or news-related topics.

People often get out of joint when another is not in line with their beliefs, particularly when politics is involved. Then the mods have to spend more time refereeing and dealing with those reports than is acceptable.

To clarify:

• We do not permit discussion of elected political figures (past or present), current political candidates, political bodies (Congress, Parliament), political parties (i.e., Conservative, Democratic, Labour, Republican), political movements or affinities (i.e., left, MAGA, progressive, right), or political events, unless those entities are specifically mentioned in either an episode of an entertainment tv show, or in editorial content about an episode of one. Even when this applies, they may be discussed only in the context of the show. This means no elaboration, speculation or using what was said as a springboard to voice your political thoughts generally. Anything outside of this is considered off-topic and may be subject to moderation measures.
  • Name-calling is not permitted, nor are nicknames for, or jokes about, political figures, parties, or entities -- whether used to deride the subject or to evade this rule. (As always, any non-political folks are fair game for nicknames and jokes.)
  • Discussion of "hot-button social issues" is allowed, providing it's on topic for the thread or takes place in a Small Talk topic.

We operate using the basic framework set out above, however, attempts to circumvent this policy whether by the letter or in spirit, may also be subject to moderation measures.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5