Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I want a Neal Stephenson adaption - I'd be happy with anything, but especially Cryptonomicon/The Baroque Cycle. You've got multiple characters, multiple eras, famous figures, pirates, kings and queens, politics, humour and just a touch of fantasy. Plus I'd love to see an embodiment of Half-Cocked Jack, one of the most fun characters in literature ever.

• Love 1

Not a book series, but "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson? It could jump around in time, the cast would get to try out a variety of different sized parts depending on the section focused on at any given time, and every episode could end with a "cliffhanger"!

• Love 1

Ready, Player One!!! I loved that book so much and it would be an amazing miniseries. But yeah, it would cost a ton of money so it has to be a network willing to pay the money to do it right. 

• Love 3

I think after Parks and Rec is done Leslie and Ben should move to DC and represent the good people of Pawnee. I'd want them to pop up on Scandal every once and awhile just to be dumbfounded and dismayed by all the mayhem that Olivia Pope causes and the general horribleness of each character on the show.

I feel this could happen as Perd Hapley is already doing broadcasts from DC ...

I think The Alienist, about a forensic expert in late 19th century New York using then-modern scientific techniques to track down a serial killer, would make a great series.  Sure, it'd basically be an HBO version of the Canadian show Murdoch Mysteries, but I'm down with that.  :)

For a much lighter tone, I'd also like to see a dramedy set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe about the comic book Damage Control.  It's a fun little comic about the contracting firm that cleans up and rebuilds after huge superhero battles.

• Love 5

In defense of Jeff's memory, I also think there might have been some editing weirdness going on with Quinn's sex scene with the apartment lady. I watched on Showtime Anytime and she was on top of him. I'm pretty sure the scene that was screen capped in the recap wasn't in that version. Maybe the online and live versions were different from an earlier for some reason?

Edited by Lindsey

In defense of Jeff's memory, I also think there might have been some editing weirdness going on with Quinn's sex scene with the apartment lady. I watched on Showtime Anytime and she was on top of him. I'm pretty sure the scene that was screen capped in the recap wasn't in that version. Maybe the online and live versions were different from an earlier for some reason?

Yep! Definitely a different edit from the screener. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh man, I remembered it different but that's definitely it.

Yea, I questioned the Jon Hamm thing too.

My Canon idea is The Fight from Parks and Rec. I'm surprised no one submitted it. Maybe I should stop procrastinating....

This has been my Canon idea FOREVER.  My problem is that I find it hard to explain the episode in 2 minutes. 

Also, you guys should do an episode where it's just All Game Time! That would be great. 

Edited by Michele
  • Love 2

I think Tara's sister should be awarded a Dave point for not laughing at her daughter's accidental obscenities. I find that to be a difficult part of parenting, so she should get some credit for it!

• Love 3

This has been my Canon idea FOREVER.  My problem is that I find it hard to explain the episode in 2 minutes. 

Also, you guys should do an episode where it's just All Game Time! That would be great. 

I mentioned that one time, and Tara said that someone did submit "The Fight" to EHG mach 1. I guess they just didn't use it...

It's no Huevos Rancheros again is it?

Might I suggest saying last weeks phrase for those not reading thread?

I'm wondering that too. It felt really odd to say there, but surely we're not repeating already. ???

No, Jon Hamm wasn’t in Seinfeld. That was my real mistake and it was spectacular. #EHG #JonHammBoner

There's no Game Time rundown but you can just email me at ehg@previously.tv and I can tell you if we ha e done it before.

No one has guessed TPTDP yet.

I mentioned that one time, and Tara said that someone did submit "The Fight" to EHG mach 1. I guess they just didn't use it...

We did use it.

Its not on the canon list?

I'd kind of like to submit the racist ghost truck episode of Supernatural for the NONAC, but I'm not sure that it would be considered an "otherwise good show."

And is TPTDP chocolate chip cookie?

Edited by sinnerforhire