Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

I'm only a few inches taller than Amy and might love that kitchen.  What would drive me around the bend is the non-standard layout of the house where rooms and corners appeared with each remodel plus the varying ceiling heights and the non-standard windows.  What would definitely keep me from buying the property is the parking lot first.  It's an eyesore that would have to immediately go.  Then the barns and pumpkin season buildings.  I might want the most well maintained barn if it's suitable for a few animals.  Then all the tour stuff for pumpkin season would have to be razed and cleared.  That all would cost a lot of money and I would enter negotiations thinking deductions from the price for having to remediate all that stuff.  I don't think Matt is seeing this from the more average usage person point of view.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

It does look like none of the properties around Matt's targeted price are selling.  It may be a long time before the big house sells.  And that makes sense.

There just aren't many people who can afford $4MM property.  If you put 20% down and borrow the rest you need to be making more than $700K/year to qualify.

So less than 1% of the population qualifies.  And really, how many in the 1% would choose Hillsboro, OR?

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't know if anybody here watches House Hunters but they have had at least two cash buyers that made their money from Bitcoin!  It has since really taken quite a fall but lot's of folks made big money from that and also a lot of on fire stocks the last few years when the market was red hot!

So there could be buyers with deep pockets and that's why Matt's fishing.  Huge price and he's just sitting and waiting to see what swims in!

He's not changing anything because you never know!  A friend was selling her house and was thinking of doing some landscaping.  The realtor said no and she listened.  Sold that home to a couple and he is a landscaping engineer specializes in golf courses!  You should see it now!

Btw is Chris Matt's realtor?

• Like 2

Well, my mom is not LP but with 4ft7 pretty small. She had some adjustments made in her house to make it all more comfortable and easy to use. Think of slightly lower counter tops, lower top cabinets, lower sink in the bathroom and a  lower toilet as well. It wasn't much but a few inches apparently does make a huge difference to people of average height. Most people who came to visit would notice and I have asked a few times how it was to them. They indeed called it "workable" when helping my mom in the kitchen for instance but the bathroom was more like "inconvenient". 

So, my point with Matt's house: I can definitely see things that were adjusted to LP, which is perfectly fine as they had to live there. The kitchen certainly is lower as was obvious when taller people were there. The people who moved into my mom's house had things replaced and adjusted within months as it just wasn't convenient.  I expect that people with that much money won't accept "workable" but I'm sure you can afford a contractor to have that fixed if you can afford a 4 million dollar house! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Btw is Chris Matt's realtor?

No he isn’t. Unless there’s something preventing it, he could end up showing it as a buyer’s agent though.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No he isn’t. Unless there’s something preventing it, he could end up showing it as a buyer’s agent though.

Thank you. Seems if there’s commission to be made they would keep it in the family. Strange they are giving money to a stranger…friend!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you. Seems if there’s commission to be made they would keep it in the family. Strange they are giving money to a stranger…friend!

Couple thoughts on that:

1. Given Matt's tendency to bitch to the public when things don't go his way, I frankly wouldn't want to be his realtor. Especially if I was married to his ex who doesn't have a high opinion of him. Matt isn't the type to admit he may have overpriced the place or made an error - he'll just blame the realtor. Much the way the property isn't worth 4 million until it actually sells for that amount, the realtor doesn't earn anything if it doesn't sell.

2. Chris certainly sells well per Zillow but he pretty much sells residential homes, and usually not over 1.6 million or so. If I have learned anything from Million Dollar Listing, it's that higher end properties sell differently than lower end properties. Its farmland in part and a bit of a specialty sale. If Chris has no experience selling farmland or higher end properties, I wouldn't risk the profit if I were Matt. 

3. Its not small money we're talking about. Its not always wise to mix family with business opportunities - especially when the family situation is already awkward. 

Now my interesting thought if the day is this:

If pumpkin season is so hard on Matt that he is constantly stressed by it,,,,I know this will sound CRAZY but,,,, why not just stop doing it? None of the kids are interested in taking it over. The show really doesn't focus on it. Why not just end the business? Matt can do projects about the farm as he likes. As it is, he's talking out of both sides of his mouth about pumpkin season. He's selling the property with most of the pumpkin season activities and preparations because he's so damn worn out and tired of doing all the maintenance etc. But at the same time he is telling people he will continue to do pumpkin season on the wedding barn part of the property which will certainly entail a lot of work... work that he's too tired/exhausted to even want to do. 

But seriously why not just close the pumpkin season business?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Absolom said:

That all would cost a lot of money and I would enter negotiations thinking deductions from the price for having to remediate all that stuff.  I don't think Matt is seeing this from the more average usage person point of view. 

Your post about what you'd do to the property made me laugh but yeah, you are absolutely right. Those things need to be fixed. However, I doubt you could use it as leverage to get a deduction. On the contrary, Matt would probably add an extra million to the asking price because you dared to suggest tearing everything down....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On my current house I got about 10% for all I was going to have to repair/redo.  I don't know what the market will be like when Matt actually sells, but it isn't uncommon.  A lot of it depends on the market.  It's a negotiation tactic.

6 hours ago, Redrum said:

If pumpkin season is so hard on Matt that he is constantly stressed by it,,,,I know this will sound CRAZY but,,,, why not just stop doing it? None of the kids are interested in taking it over. The show really doesn't focus on it. Why not just end the business? 

Yes! And TLC should just end this boring shitshow. 

I can go to Instagram to watch any of them making fools of themselves.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I distinctly remember reading (and posting here) that Matt raised the countertops and made all necessary repairs to the attractions before putting it on the market, which any savvy seller would automatically do (it's unlikely another dwarf family with five children is going to wander by and buy it) and any decent realtor would advise a seller to do.

The Arnold-Kleins did the same to their custom-designed house before selling and, as I recall, that took a while, too...  Maybe some buyers don't want the notoriety???

The market for it, of course, would be as a bed-and-breakfast which, ironically, was Amy's "dream job" for most of her life.  There are ample fans to keep it in business.

But I concur that he's probably just testing the market and maybe also trying to light a fire under some of his progeny who CLAIM to want it so badly.  If they're sufficiently distressed at the prospect of losing it, maybe they - and their wives - put aside their differences and come together to make it happen.  That would be an ideal solution.  But Zach's impulse purchase and then Jeremy's finding the perfect forever home/farm put an end to that scheme.  Now I'm sure he's just waiting out the contract and figures if he gets $4m out of it or close to it, it's all good.

It's not enough to just "stop pumpkin season"; he wants to retire.  Just keeping up that property is a full-time job.  Heck, I'm ready for a condo myself, and I own a little tiny house!

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 3

Sorry but the house tour and photos show the low set counters and grill in the kitchen and the microwave at knee level.

The problem with a bed and breakfast is that zoning laws come into play. I'd test the waters with doing airbnb rentals before I decided to rely on fan business. 

If Matt needs/wants to retire, as he has stated, then pumpkin season has to end. But his stated plan on the show and his Instagram is that pumpkin season will continue. So how is he retiring and making less work when his stated plan is to continue the business? I do not see how this becomes less work.

The twins jointly owning the property is a fantasy of Matt's that i don't think was ever seriously proposed beyond Matt saying it should happen. And frankly not sure I'd put all the blame on those pesky wives. Buying the farm as "the twins" means one family gets the house and one family gets the shit end of the stick.

• Love 1
(edited)

Eventually one could, theoretically, live in the farmhouse and the other in the perfectly respectable second house Matt is currently building, but neither Jeremy nor (especially) Zach seems to understand how to play the long game.  

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 4

So one family gets the big house and one family gets to wait until a) Matt builds his new house on the completely separate property and b) then Matt will at some point maybe sell them his house on the completely separate property. 

Not seeing how this is a deal. There's playing the long game and then there's getting screwed. This would all hinge on waiting for Matt to build and then sell the second house on the separate property. Why go  halfsies on the big house in the mean time?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Redrum said:

Sorry but the house tour and photos show the low set counters and grill in the kitchen and the microwave at knee level.

The microwave at knee level is a trending thing in many houses. Many of the home renovation shows them in the island below the counter these days.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Dibs said:

I distinctly remember reading (and posting here) that Matt raised the countertops and made all necessary repairs to the attractions before putting it on the market, which any savvy seller would automatically do (it's unlikely another dwarf family with five children is going to wander by and buy it) and any decent realtor would advise a seller to do.

The Arnold-Kleins did the same to their custom-designed house before selling and, as I recall, that took a while, too...  Maybe some buyers don't want the notoriety???

The market for it, of course, would be as a bed-and-breakfast which, ironically, was Amy's "dream job" for most of her life.  There are ample fans to keep it in business.

But I concur that he's probably just testing the market and maybe also trying to light a fire under some of his progeny who CLAIM to want it so badly.  If they're sufficiently distressed at the prospect of losing it, maybe they - and their wives - put aside their differences and come together to make it happen.  That would be an ideal solution.  But Zach's impulse purchase and then Jeremy's finding the perfect forever home/farm put an end to that scheme.  Now I'm sure he's just waiting out the contract and figures if he gets $4m out of it or close to it, it's all good.

It's not enough to just "stop pumpkin season"; he wants to retire.  Just keeping up that property is a full-time job.  Heck, I'm ready for a condo myself, and I own a little tiny house!

As I remember Amy tested the waters with the b&b idea.  She had a couple there for an overnighter... Once.  I remember them out toasting marshmallows!

Amy found out that required work and washing the sheets each time they had guests.

That idea was ixnayed!  Lol. Work and Amy don't go together!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

I’m not sure if the zoning allows for it, but I do think the B&B is a good idea.  Wouldn’t many Roloff fans love to stay on the property, tour the grounds, visit the attractions, etc. It’s not too far out, but still quite peaceful looking.  And, like Dollywood, a chance you might get a quick siting of a Roloff.  Lol

Does the north side of the property includes the pumpkin patch? So that means they are done with pumpkin season?  What if a developer comes in and demolishes everything and puts up trac homes? Not sure if there are stipulations in the purchase of a home or zoning. Could be a cool small vineyard and use the main house as a small wine tasting venue. 

(edited)

I’m not sure of the zoning.  I would like to see a detailed map of the farm.  I’ve seen diagrams before, but couldn’t figure it out.  If anyone knows of a good one, please post it.  NOT the address, just a diagram.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Does the north side of the property includes the pumpkin patch? So that means they are done with pumpkin season?  What if a developer comes in and demolishes everything and puts up trac homes? Not sure if there are stipulations in the purchase of a home or zoning. Could be a cool small vineyard and use the main house as a small wine tasting venue. 

Sadly, whatever is in the zoning can always be amended, if a county government is developer friendly, or wants the extra taxes from a subdivision, zoning can be changed.    

(edited)

Actually, it was during an anniversary trip back to where they first met that Matt worked very hard to make special which included not only hooking Amy up with a chef in a fancy restaurant to explore her culinary ambitions, but also a stay in a BnB where Amy was allowed to shadow the owner to see what that goal of hers would look like in real life.  She no likey!  Too much work.  Matt was trying to be romantic, and Amy was her nasty, bitter self.  I believe it was during dinner on this trip that Matt said, "I don't think all marriages go through this; I don't think this is normal."

After that effort, I believe, he was done.

As for whether or not the pumpkin patch is for sale,  I heard Chris mention on this last episode that the farmhouse side includes "the original pumpkin patch," so there must now be another on the other side of the property.

Edited by Dibs
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Dibs said:

Actually, it was during an anniversary trip back to where they first met that Matt worked very hard to make special which included not only hooking Amy up with a chef in a fancy restaurant to explore her culinary ambitions, but also a stay in a BnB where Amy was allowed to shadow the owner to see what that goal of hers would look like in real life.  She no likey!  Too much work.  Matt was trying to be romantic, and Amy was her nasty, bitter self.  I believe it was during dinner on this trip that Matt said, "I don't think all marriages go through this; I don't think this is normal."

As for whether or not the pumpkin patch is for sale,  I heard Chris mention on this last episode that the farmhouse side includes "the original pumpkin patch," so there must now be another on the other side of the property.

I recall that!  Matt said something like, You look lovely and I love you and Amy snarled and snapped back with some kind of insult. Lol. I hope that was scripted, because if not, it was beyond brutal.  

Does anyone know what is causing Matt to have paralysis in his feet and legs?

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did he mention that this season?

Well…he and Caryn talked about how he can’t join her walking and thus the need for the mobility cart.  And, he is obviously using the crutches to navigate around with no real movement in his lower body.  He’s mentioned his mobility problems before, but I can’t recall exactly what the cause is.  Stenosis?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well…he and Caryn talked about how he can’t join her walking and thus the need for the mobility cart.  And, he is obviously using the crutches to navigate around with no real movement in his lower body.  He’s mentioned his mobility problems before, but I can’t recall exactly what the cause is.  Stenosis?  

He had surgery a few years ago, which was supposed to help prevent paralysis. I don’t recall if it was stated he’d need it again in the future.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Dibs said:

Was this before or after he started up with Caryn?

• Love 3

If you believe the affair began in season 9, then after he started the affair.

I think the problem with the "run the bed and breakfast for a day" was that Amy was told she was getting a surprise on their vacation trip and the surprise was "you get to clean up after strangers while I sit around and tell the cameras how stupid your dream job is".

Mind you, I thought it was a nice idea, I just think Matt didn't set expectations on what the surprise would be and then took a little too much pleasure in teasing Amy on camera.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Watching the episode it came across to me as a pretty nasty trick.  I'd have been ticked.  You think you're getting a nice anniversary surprise and never in your life would you expect it to be work.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 7/13/2022 at 4:59 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if someone who wants to be on a reality show bought the property and got a contract to be in the show?  Perhaps another realty show family……..hmmmm……

Or another house renovation show! There’s plenty of work to be done. Personally, I’d love to see Nate and Jeremiah renovating that place!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recall that!  Matt said something like, You look lovely and I love you and Amy snarled and snapped back with some kind of insult. Lol. I hope that was scripted, because if not, it was beyond brutal.  

I can’t remember this bit, but I agree it sounds brutal. Having said this, Matt has done and said a lot of nasty things over the years too. Matt did whatever the hell Matt wanted, ignoring everyone. And he couldn’t stand any form of criticism on it. He often was as unpleasant as Amy. They really were a match made in Hell, amplifying each other's worst traits.

• Love 9
(edited)
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

Watching the episode it came across to me as a pretty nasty trick.  I'd have been ticked.  You think you're getting a nice anniversary surprise and never in your life would you expect it to be work.

My in-laws ran a small, but successful, B&B for several years and it was a tremendous amount of work because it didn't generate enough income to hire a regular staff, so it was the 2 of them doing everything. Not to mention, they were working every weekend because that's when most people want to stay, which didn't work well for spending time with family.

Edited by readheaded
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Matt's legs: it seems to me they've been basically useless since the show began and even before, in flashbacks of LP conferences, but I don't know if that's been a lifelong thing.  I know he had surgery on them as a child requiring months of recuperation in the hospital, but he was also already on crutches as a young man in his wedding photos.  He swings them to and fro, so I don't think "paralysis" is probably too strong a word, although he has sensation.  His recent surgery was on cervical vertebra (in his neck) for a pinched nerve.

As for renovations on the house, again, he's said several times that these have been made.  The pool had a severe crack that needed massive repairs, to begin with, and as I recall the first thing he did was have the exterior power-washed, much to Amy's consternation (she was still churning through her coffee mugs and clown figurines at the time).  Since she moved out and farm manager Karen Thomas moved in, she has - as Matt has said several times - been overseeing repairs on the interior while renting there until her own house was completed.

As for when the (alleged) "affair" began, we still have only Amy's not-so-subtle hints that it was physical - a lot of embittered divorced women on other sites seem to run with this - but I would suggest that this would be hard to pin down since they've been essentially work partners and close friends probably since Caryn went to work there, whenever that was.  When does "like" turn to "love"?  I'd think anyone would be hard-pressed to nail that exact moment down, at least on the show.  I've seen no proof that it was ever physical, but if there was an "emotional affair," my sense would be it began when Matt gave up on Amy.

That dinner at the end of that sad vacation would be as good a guess as any.

I honestly believe Amy was gob-smacked when Matt announced he would be dating Caryn after they separated, so this "nine years of knowing about it" is more Amy revisionism, if you ask me.  She was ALWAYS nasty to Matt - heck, that's just her personality (it's emerging again as we speak) - but never in a million years thought he would ever leave her or find someone else, and certainly not a pretty, vivacious average-size woman.  She's still in shock, LOL.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Yes Amy’s nasty personality is emerging again. I’ve been noticing it.

I have to wonder if she’s like that with Chris behind closed doors?

If yes he had to be well aware of how mean she could be. There are years of LPBW he could have watched. 

I think Chris was so excited to be on a tv show and all that $$$ he looked the other way and full steam ahead. 

Sometimes you get what you deserve!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes Amy’s nasty personality is emerging again. I’ve been noticing it.

I have to wonder if she’s like that with Chris behind closed doors?

I doubt it, if she ruins the relationship with Chris then Matt wins.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/16/2022 at 2:28 AM, Endora said:

I doubt it, if she ruins the relationship with Chris then Matt wins.

Chris seems like the type of person who simply ignores any outburst or not so subtle comment. He reminds me of my step dad: He has this "whatever"-kind of attitude and simply moves on.  Matt on the other hand, would not let any outbursts go.  Any forceful outburst would be met with equal or even bigger force.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Chris seems like the type of person who simply ignores any outburst or not so subtle comment. He reminds me of my step dad: He has this "whatever"-kind of attitude and simply moves on.  Matt on the other hand, would not let any outbursts go.  Any forceful outburst would be met with equal or even bigger force.  

I completely get that.  I know some men who are the same.  Chris seems to let things (statements) just roll of his back.  Wish I was like that.  And it's kind of weird, him being single so long and not STUCK in his own control.  Good for him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, Endora said:

I doubt it, if she ruins the relatigeonship with Chris then Matt wins.

The relation is ruined when TLC stops paying or chris wants out of the 'marriage' No one really likes the bulldozer she has a shit show and all her friends and'husband' are bought and paid for. Just dump it already she is too nasty and iron headed.

Edited by stoppro
  • Like 2

A reminder from the LPBW forum master mod note:  

If someone's posts routinely annoy you. use the ignore feature. Hover over the poster's name. On the popup box, select Ignore user. Easy-peasy!  It will enhance your posting pleasure.

Try it.  You'll like it.  😁

• Love 2
On 7/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, Dibs said:

Matt's legs: it seems to me they've been basically useless since the show began and even before, in flashbacks of LP conferences, but I don't know if that's been a lifelong thing.  I know he had surgery on them as a child requiring months of recuperation in the hospital, but he was also already on crutches as a young man in his wedding photos.  He swings them to and fro, so I don't think "paralysis" is probably too strong a word, although he has sensation.  His recent surgery was on cervical vertebra (in his neck) for a pinched nerve.

As for renovations on the house, again, he's said several times that these have been made.  The pool had a severe crack that needed massive repairs, to begin with, and as I recall the first thing he did was have the exterior power-washed, much to Amy's consternation (she was still churning through her coffee mugs and clown figurines at the time).  Since she moved out and farm manager Karen Thomas moved in, she has - as Matt has said several times - been overseeing repairs on the interior while renting there until her own house was completed.

As for when the (alleged) "affair" began, we still have only Amy's not-so-subtle hints that it was physical - a lot of embittered divorced women on other sites seem to run with this - but I would suggest that this would be hard to pin down since they've been essentially work partners and close friends probably since Caryn went to work there, whenever that was.  When does "like" turn to "love"?  I'd think anyone would be hard-pressed to nail that exact moment down, at least on the show.  I've seen no proof that it was ever physical, but if there was an "emotional affair," my sense would be it began when Matt gave up on Amy.

That dinner at the end of that sad vacation would be as good a guess as any.

I honestly believe Amy was gob-smacked when Matt announced he would be dating Caryn after they separated, so this "nine years of knowing about it" is more Amy revisionism, if you ask me.  She was ALWAYS nasty to Matt - heck, that's just her personality (it's emerging again as we speak) - but never in a million years thought he would ever leave her or find someone else, and certainly not a pretty, vivacious average-size woman.  She's still in shock, LOL.

Good points.  I’ll also add that for some seniors and people with medical issues, a partnership may not be based on physical intimacy.  Some people consider other factors in a relationship more important and a lack of physical intimacy may not be a deal breaker.  

• Love 8

I fully agree with you here @SunnyBeBe. I might add that Matt and Amy were not equals in their relationship. And that definitely goes for stuff like business and intellect. I think Matt found in Caryn someone who was able to understand him, with similar interests and a certain level of intellect that Amy did not have.  A relationship based on mutual understanding, respect, interests and intellect can be very rewarding.

As for physical intimacy; I just do not want to know! Not about this couple nor any of my close friends for that matter. Something about too much information...😉

• Like 4
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I fully agree with you here @SunnyBeBe. I might add that Matt and Amy were not equals in their relationship. And that definitely goes for stuff like business and intellect. I think Matt found in Caryn someone who was able to understand him, with similar interests and a certain level of intellect that Amy did not have.  A relationship based on mutual understanding, respect, interests and intellect can be very rewarding.

As for physical intimacy; I just do not want to know! Not about this couple nor any of my close friends for that matter. Something about too much information...😉

I get your point.  When Caryn and Matt were handling that wet clay and she put her arms around him…..idk….it was like watching my parents or something.  😝 It was sort of sweet, but still……..lol. 

• Love 3

I think Caryn has great sympathy for Matt and how he has to deal with undeserving, spoiled, lazy children and also with Amy who played a big part in raising three sad sack sons.. Failure To Launch. 

It’s always a struggle.  Nothing is easy with them.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Caryn has great sympathy for Matt and how he has to deal with undeserving, spoiled, lazy children and also with Amy who played a big part in raising three sad sack sons.. Failure To Launch. 

It’s always a struggle.  Nothing is easy with them.

I don’t think it’s fair to put most of the blame for raising lazy and entitled kids on Amy. Matt was their dad, he was home a lot and could have been way more hands on when raising them. He didn’t. He was too busy being Matt and transforming the farm into his own dream-playground. He is just as responsible for bringing those spoilt kids into the big world as Amy. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

While I agree that they are both responsible for raising 2 lazy kids, Amy said tht Matt ran the farm and she ran the kids. If Matt had come down hard on those boys Amy would have lost it. The only thing that they can do now is to stay out of the day to day lives of these boys and hope that they mature. Don't give them any more help and let these 32 year old kids grow up and take care of their own families. 

• Love 4
(edited)

At last check neither 32 year old was on welfare. Both own non-daddy related property.

If I was Jeremy, I'd be a little pissed. He made an offer, got turned down, handled it maturely and two years later Daddy Matt is ragging him out for being an irresponsible window breaker in his teens and letting the world know he didn't think Jeremy could handle the farm.

I mean, I feel for all the kids. Finding out that Dad has been toting up a mental bill for decades on how much you cost him in home repairs is sad.

It also tells me what matters to Matt. Money.

Edited by Redrum
Passed is not pissed
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Redrum said:

I mean, I feel for all the kids. Finding out that Dad has been toting up a mental bill for decades on how much you cost him in home repairs is sad.

The grievances that Matt was carrying surprised me.  He permitted the kids to behave like that on the farm.  He rewarded the kids with all kinds of vehicles.  He did not encourage a work ethic for any of the kids, yet he goes on TV and lets loose with what losers they were and are.  I wouldn't expect to hear from any of my kids for ten years or more if I did that.  

What happens on the farm especially as teens should have stayed on the farm.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8