Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

At least, I know I don't have to watch the show this week. I'm assuming they have taken Michael on some grande graduation trip. She is usually on vacation the week before the holidays so I guess they planned a longer trip with that in mind. Yup! It doesn't suck to be Kelly Ripa. LOL!!! Happy 1st day of Summer, everyone!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Although they're prerecorded, she has Josh Groban (not a fan of his music, but he's my fave with Kelly), Anderson Cooper and Jussie Smollett cohosting. I don't know if the guests will be reruns or also prerecorded.

1 minute ago, Katy-lied said:

Although they're prerecorded, she has Josh Groban (not a fan of his music, but he's my fave with Kelly), Anderson Cooper and Jussie Smollett cohosting. I don't know if the guests will be reruns or also prerecorded.

If Josh, Anderson & Jussie are co-hosting, I'm in, at least for host chat.  LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)

Anderson was on again today.  I love the guy and felt for him having his mother, Gloria, as a guest.  She is 91 and sharp but tends to go on too long and not formulate a sentence as fast as Anderson can so he had to step and finish her thought in to keep the flow going.   His body language said ANXIETY!   He did a good job with her.  Kudos. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Nice chit chat with the trivia player about getting chummy with a Florida Gator.  Bet Disney loved that !!

How awful was that?  Seriously, isn't there someone that can edit that kind of unfortunate stuff out even though they're "all on vacation?"

It was in such poor taste.

• Love 4
(edited)

I haven't watched the show too much since the Michael fiasco, but I watched yesterday.   So, Kelly has been on vacation for over a week again?  Wow, must be nice to have many vacations and still whine about your job!   She just took a vacation with her family, took days off to have a tantrum, and then went away on a another vacation for her anniversary?   Now another brea? This is all in a couple of months!

It's no wonder she felt like the put upon, downtrodden worker when she found out her co-host was leaving in a few months! She has not ever experienced reality on a job ! She has been working for the same company since she was 19, and is a multi-millionaire with where most people with 100 times her talent are waiting tables or working other lousy jobs!

Besides being out of touch and entitled, Kelly just some across so darn fake!   I hadn't seen the mess they now call host chat in a while and she is more fake and weird than ever!  Anderson is definitely a person who grew up rich ,  but he just is so much more real, nice and likable.  Kelly is just  overdoes the affectations,  she interrupts, she has to always make everything about her, and her stupid need to act like she is someone who needs to buy clothing smaller so she will work out and lose weight is so pathetic, especially when it's obvious she is under weight and skin and bones!

Why call the show Live?  It's always an assortment of disjointed articles and weird conversation. It used to be topics of the day, and interesting, not anymore.

The fact she pretends she never had a female looking body is ridiculous. She used to look average and not  like a "little fella", when she was at a normal weight as a teen, and before she started her extreme diet and exercise routine.    Oh, and Mark posted a picture of her on their latest vacation in a bikini and called her a "little fella".  Ok, whatever! LOL

Also, what is with her always acting like she's turned on by her gay male friends who co-host with her? It's weird as can be!  She is always literally coming on to Anderson, making sexual comments and acting like she wants to touch him.  It's weird even if he was straight, but very odd considering he is gay and probably is not feeling all that comfortable with his female friend acting like that..  In fact, at one point Anderson seemed to try to stop the weird comments when she made some comment about touching him all over!  WTF? She is a strange bird! 

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 8

I finally got a chance to watch the revamped 'live with Kelly.'  Yesterday the cohost was Fred Savage and I really enjoyed the show.  Today, Mark was her cohost.  I think Kelly seems more relaxed and less insecure without Michael as her cohost.  Maybe things were tense between them for quite q while.  I enjoyed Kelly's humor and the fact that it seemed more like the host chat of old with both Fred and Mark.  I will keep tuning in as I really enjoyed the show.

• Love 2

From @SNOWYDAZE in the All Episode Talk thread:

"The fact she pretends she never had a female looking body is ridiculous. She used to look average and not  like a "little fella", when she was at a normal weight as a teen, and before she started her extreme diet and exercise routine.    Oh, and Mark posted a picture of her on their latest vacation in a bikini and called her a little fella".  Ok, whatever! LOL"

Kelly Ripa as Hayley Santos:

image.jpg

• Love 2

Snipped...

The fact she pretends she never had a female looking body is ridiculous. She used to look average and not  like a "little fella", when she was at a normal weight as a teen, and before she started her extreme diet and exercise routine.    Oh, and Mark posted a picture of her on their latest vacation in a bikini and called her a "little fella".  Ok, whatever! LOL

Snipped.

Took response to the Kelly Ripa Thread.

Can't get rid of ^^^

5 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I think Mark's preferance is the 'little fella' look.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

'Cuz he didn't have a choice? 

He fell in love with the HayleyKelly.

Agree, nothing wrong with anyone's preferences. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh wow! Actual boobs! Even if they're squished together and pushed up to kingdom come, she actually HAD something to squish together and push up. If Mark prefers today's Kelly, then he has some weird ideas of what makes a woman attractive. Maybe he's even partly to blame for the way she looks now. Who knows. I thought it was pretty funny the other day when Fred Savage was hosting. Kelly mentioned (for the thousandth time) that she gained 68 pounds when she was pregnant with Michael. Fred's reply:. "That's another you!" (or maybe it was "Thats a whole you!")  She laughed, and I wondered if she was embarrassed or proud. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 6

She was totally healthy looking for her run in AMC. In fact, her first 2 years or so she looked liked the stereotypical freshman 15 when she started playing Haley Vaughn. When she started hosting Live in 2001 she looked great and was a few weeks/months pregnant and had dark hair. During, the last 10 years is when she became sort of anorexic and "addicted" to working out. I hate when talks about how flat she is (now she is) like she's always has been which isn't quite true. Either she or Mark like it skinny. 

• Love 3

Another example this week of her weight obsession.  I think it was Mark co-hosting, but not sure. They were talking about not being good at math. I can't remember exactly how she put it, but Kelly said word problems are very hard for her - until she thinks of it in terms of weight.  If she can think of it as pounds, it's easy for her. 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2016 at 5:10 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

I think we have confirmation that Ms Ripa Consuelos does not have chemistry with every over-40 gay man in America.  She and Jim Parsons were cringeworthy for Host Chat.  Maybe Day Two will be better.

I only saw the segment with the bone-broth Popsicles (was that Jim Parsons?). They seemed to get along okay, and I like the little boy they brought on set to taste the Popsicles. I know that was only a 5-minute segment, but it made me laugh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, topanga said:

I only saw the segment with the bone-broth Popsicles (was that Jim Parsons?). They seemed to get along okay, and I like the little boy they brought on set to taste the Popsicles. I know that was only a 5-minute segment, but it made me laugh.

He was much more engaging the second day.  Maybe he was tired the first day.

• Love 2

I'm reading that Fred Savage has moved into the front runner spot. Of course, he is behind Anderson & Andy. I like Fred and he's done a great job so far. I think next week he is on for 3 days in a row. That might be a first since the replacement search has been going on.

10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I'm reading that Fred Savage has moved into the front runner spot. Of course, he is behind Anderson & Andy. I like Fred and he's done a great job so far. I think next week he is on for 3 days in a row. That might be a first since the replacement search has been going on.

Noooooooo .... he's my least favorite .... always going for the crude & vulgar (just like Kelly).

(edited)

I still don't believe Anderson or Andy need or want this gig. This is all producer-generated hype.  Anderson has his daily CNN show and Andy is out trolling the bars at night looking for young desperate men.  He couldn't possibly get up for a nine am taping.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think this week's shows proved that Kelly is not capable of carrying this show--that a charismatic cohost is desperately needed to keep this show alive.  The athlete yesterday was nice but boring.  The guy today was who? 

Fred is not attractive nor hot nor famous enough.  Anderson and Andy would make it the "Hamptons Hour" with too many in-jokes about what the uber-wealthy have to put up with in their tough lives.  

IDK who would need this job to boost their career at this time.  

Boring shows and Kelly just doesn't have it any more.  Pull thr plug.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 5

"The guy today was" Guillermo Diaz -- he plays Huck on Scandal.  I really enjoyed him!!  He was funny, lively, quick-witted, contributing & seemed to be having a great time with Kelly.  (As opposed to Jim Parsons, who I really like, but he obviously just tolerates Kelly & her schtick.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelly is more OTT than ever since MS is gone; it is tough to watch.  She went on and on last week about how she hadn't met Laverne Cox when she was on the show because she was on vacation (was this that fateful well publicized vacation), and then on and on about her "baby" boy getting sick on the red carpet so she had to leave.  LC asked how old her baby was and she said 13 and LC mused that wasn't a baby.  Not sure the word was baby but something like that.  Kelly, why even go down this road at all?

Also, these pre-taped faux Live shows look really stupid with all that happened last week in the US.

Edited by bannana
because it's Laverne, not Valerie!
  • Love 2
On July 1, 2016 at 4:13 PM, ByaNose said:

She was totally healthy looking for her run in AMC. In fact, her first 2 years or so she looked liked the stereotypical freshman 15 when she started playing Haley Vaughn. When she started hosting Live in 2001 she looked great and was a few weeks/months pregnant and had dark hair. During, the last 10 years is when she became sort of anorexic and "addicted" to working out. I hate when talks about how flat she is (now she is) like she's always has been which isn't quite true. Either she or Mark like it skinny. 

I think she started weight loss thing on AMC but back then she was just dieting, not exercising.  I recall her being super skinny in scenes with CM who played Ryan.  There was a lot of buzz then about her being anorexic or having an eating disorder.  She did gain weight again and had the pregnancies later, and then she got into diet and exercise to get skinny.  That's my recollection.

There's a lot of pressure on young female actresses to be skinny, so I think she just got swept away by that and that is how she sees herself now.  She probably looks at photos of herself when she was what we think is ideal or normal weight as being too fat.

• Love 1

I may be way off here, but to me, the male has to be a "guy."  He has to exude male characteristics.  Regis was a past master at voicing the stereotypical king of his castle.  Strahan?  Well, one look is all it took.  Beast.  

With Kelly being such a strong personality, the show requires a strong male counter-presence. 

Wade has it.  Savage, Parsons, and Anderson?  Not so much.  I think Mark likely has it at home, but I haven't seen it on air, where he exudes niceness.   

YMMV.

• Love 3
(edited)

Carrie Ann Inaba's laugh is just like the annoying, squeaky laugh of the woman in "Sleepless in Seattle" that Tom Hanks' character dated -- his son said "Dad, she laughs like a hyena".  I just cannot listen -- changed the channel immediately.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

Sweet Jesus - I can't HANDLE Carrie Ann's laugh.  How has someone on the show not dealt with this and told her to STOP IT during a commercial break.  It's constant too..... I don't think more than a minute goes by before she does it yet again.  

• Love 2

Carrie Ann and Kelly are quite an annoying pair!   Then again, they  have improved and grown up a little since they hosted after Regis left four years ago. I remember when Carrie Ann hosted at that time and Kelly spent all of host chat talking about tampons, and Fashion Finder consisted of Kelly and Carrie throwing tampons at Gelman in Kelly's dressing room!  This from a woman who demands "respect" and makes 20 million! 

Kelly, IMO has put on the over the top phony affectations more and more with the revolving co-hosts.  She is falling all over them and telling all of them they are the best,  smell better than anyone else, or are the best looking!    

I also do not think that there has been one host-chat without Kelly referring to cutting calories, losing weight, or referring to being thin or trying to look thin.  She seems to have the maturity of an insecure teen with a major eating and body image issue.

• Love 5

I missed the first day of Jim Parson co-hosting, but I'm sure he'd have rather been on Dan Patrick's sports show if that had been an option - lol.  He really likes it and was on a couple of weeks ago which was his third time I think.  He's called in to Dan, and he's really fun with Dan & the Dannettes.

No way was I going for round two with Carrie Ann.  Been there, wasn't going to go again.

I'm not sure who they could choose that would make me start watching Live again.  I do still have last year's Halloween show un-watched on the DVR.

• Love 2

Kelly and Carrie Ann always have to do Fashion Finder together.  At least this time it didn't involve tampon throwing!  That was so embarrassing!

Kelly did have to tell us how Mark prefers her in short hair. I also remember Mark criticizing her for being "fat" and making jokes about her weight before she went on her exercise and starvation diet. When she said that about Mark in FF, I realized Mark likes her very thin and lacking in female shape and calls her "little fella" on Instagram, and likes her with short hair.   Interesting.  

• Love 6

I think it's hard for any woman to not be worried about their weight when on television, but something is not right with Kelly.   

I actually  like Mark, but I remember when Kelly looked like she was at a healthy weight , she had breasts and did not have skeletal legs or her chest and spine showing through her skin.  Mark was cohosting at the time and make several little "funny" jabs about her weight.  

I am thinking he does like the "little fella" look on Kelly, which is sad. She is pretty, but she is obsessed with diet, exercise, and food in general.

• Love 6
On July 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Wade?  The only Wade I know is Dwayne Wade, did he host?

Yep. He guest hosted the day, or second day, after it was announced he's leaving the Miami Heat for the Chicago Bulls. That was the first thing Kelly asked about after they sat down.