Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: See You Next Tuesday

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

He has a Cro-Magnon quality to him.  I'm actually surprised Stassi is not too shallow to date someone of such average looks.

He is NOT attractive to me! Maybe it’s the condescending man-bun, maybe it’s the cabbage patch mug. Can’t decide. But he skeeves me out. Shocked that this was the fool who brought Stassi down, and sad for her that she looks at him like he hung the moon. He’s a douche. 

• Love 3

When the episode started and the girls decided that someone had to go confront Jax, did anyone else notice that Ariana and Kristen had a brief conversation and decided to go to Schwartz’s apartment together, and then went there together?!!

I guess they’re not enemies anymore?

• Love 1

I am so happy we are not seeing Faith! She is horrible and just plain trash! Not like any of these people are much better, but she did this solely for a place on the show or for her 15 minutes. A couple of years ago she did that red carpet saying that the original crew was jealous because she, LaLa and Jesse were the young hot ones who are going to take over the show. PUHLEEZE!!! That is Scheana level delusion.    

I want to see Faith.  I want to see Britney confront her.  In most situations, I don't blame the other woman because I place blame on the man who was in  the committed relationship and likely lied about his status in order to get laid.  However, in this case, Faith is equally to blame.  I've no doubt she targeted Jax for maximum screen time. I'd really like to see Britney have a chance to confront her.  That said, Faith is probably stewing that, even after fucking Jax, she still can't get a scene. That makes me laugh too.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, Jezebel97 said:

Did we know beforehand that Britney’s mother was married four times?!? 

On Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky they mention it.  And then all of her friends, cousins, siblings had kids out of wedlock. So their claim of being "good", getting married and settling down with one person is such bullshit.

James was so hilarious tonight, running away, his impression of Brittany was EVERYTHING. 

I figured someone just braided the loose ends of Lala's hair and it stayed that way because they were wasted.

I'm surprised Andy didn't mention how the did a Shotsky during the episode when Ariana and Brittany were on WWHL.  Edit Addition:  I was going to say this on Brittany's thread but I guess she doesn't have one?  She needs to CUT THAT HAIR.  It is waaaaaay too long.  It's not flattering to her face or figure. 

Dude is not gender neutral. I work with transgender teens and we are trained in trauma informed care.  It is also not inclusive to non-binary or gender fluid identities.  I'm sure people will come on and argue that it is and that they have been saying it for so long, but it's simply not.  Here is a good worksheet on pronouns if anyone wants to know more.

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

Edited by IDreamofJoaquin

Brittany’s not leaving, Bitch! Hahahahaha, oh poor Jax. He wants her to leave him so much and she just won’t do it. In his defense, he has been a complete asshole! What else can the guy do? He might have actually met his sociopathic match.  None of his tricks to use and then discard normal humans work with her because she does not give a single fuck. That girl will put up with anything for her ticket to the glamorous life.

Scheena is just pathetic. I’m guessing that girl hasn’t been single since 5th grade. 

Fuck you, Ariana. I have zero patience for people who engage in emotional blackmail when cornered. I have no love for Tom, but he had a point about starting drama when everyone was wasted and Princess Pony could not admit even a grain of fault so she threatens to leave him instead. They need to breakup. They’re only together because they feel the need to be the perfect couple. I’ve never seen anything more then friendship (and not even a particularly close one) between them. I think that if they had t started out by cheating they would have fizzled out after the 2nd date, 3rd tops.  

Why were there matching jackets at the party?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Brittany’s not leaving, Bitch! Hahahahaha, oh poor Jax. He wants her to leave him so much and she just won’t do it. In his defense, he has been a complete asshole! What else can the guy do? He might have actually met his sociopathic match.  None of his tricks to use and then discard normal humans work with her because she does not give a single fuck. That girl will put up with anything for her ticket to the glamorous life.

Totally what more can Jax do to get her to dump him?  That scene at the end when she said that she would never let him get away with anything again hahahaha.  

My my current two theories are

1) she has way deeper issues than just staying with him for fame.   It seems certain that even if they broke up she would still be welcome to stay on the show and working at SUR because Lisa V and everyone else seem to adore her. 

and/or

2) most of the J/B drama is totally manufactured for storyline.   The cheating with Faith narrative in particular has aspects that ummm, defy credibility.    

• Love 1
On 1/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, ghoulina said:

No, I think only Katie's apartment has that dumb picture frame. 

They both have it, it was there when Jax and Brittany were looking at the apartment in the flashback which leads me to suspect it's a building thing.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They both have it, it was there when Jax and Brittany were looking at the apartment in the flashback which leads me to suspect it's a building thing.

The frames don't bug me as half as much as the tacky BUBBA picture Tom and Katie have.  I guess it's sentimental to them but I think it's so corny.

4 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

The frames don't bug me as half as much as the tacky BUBBA picture Tom and Katie have.  I guess it's sentimental to them but I think it's so corny.

The frame bugs me because its not around the peephole which is not in the center of the door! It annoys my anal rentive self everytime its shown, Which given how often people are storming out of the apartment that is most episodes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Way cuter. But Scheana is after lifestyle this time. 

I agree, but I also think she has a serious fear of being alone. She’s so narcissistic I doubt she knows how to exist with an audience. My guess is she pretty much always does this; bounces from guy to guy, always in a serious relationship that she wants to be even more serious, and that every new guy is perfect and the previous guy is aways the villain. I just get the feeling that Scheena rarely deeply connects with anyone. She doesn’t even seem to get how ridiculous she sounds or how obvious it is that she only uses people to make herself feel special. I doubt she even knows that there are other ways to realate to people.

• Love 2

I am watching season 2, and this is so similar to what was happening then. But now Tom and Ariana aren't having sex. And Brittany is pissed at Jax. 

But Ariana looks soooo much prettier now. 

And yes, Scheana has always been a narcissist and bitchy. But she may have been more of a s--k-up back then.   

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 0:01 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jax throws phone.

Schwartz: Is that my phone? Hey, I need that.

Jax: Shut up, Tom. It's my phone.

Schwartz: Jax, just so you know--

Jax: It's my phone, Tom!

Schwartz: I'm getting it for you, dude.

I know that they showed us this a million times in previews, but it really makes me laugh.

Tom Schwartz is funny. 

On 1/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, biakbiak said:

The frame bugs me because its not around the peephole which is not in the center of the door! It annoys my anal rentive self everytime its shown, Which given how often people are storming out of the apartment that is most episodes.

I have now spent too much time caring about their doors and it is all the fault of those damn frames.  The peepholes on both couples' doors are off center.  I have no idea why.  Tom and Katie's frame is hung centered on the door so the peephole is outside it.  Jax and Brit's frame is hung centered around the peephole so that the frame is off center on the door.  Both are kind of lame solutions when the obvious choice is to just not have the frames at all.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I have now spent too much time caring about their doors and it is all the fault of those damn frames.  The peepholes on both couples' doors are off center.  I have no idea why.  Tom and Katie's frame is hung centered on the door so the peephole is outside it.  Jax and Brit's frame is hung centered around the peephole so that the frame is off center on the door.  Both are kind of lame solutions when the obvious choice is to just not have the frames at all.

And that they both have them? I get that Friends is having a bit of a rediscovery among people not quite old enough to have watched it when it aired (although Jax was, along with Beverly Hills 90210, Threes Company, and The Honeymooners. I think he might be 70.) and the door frames became a popular gift for 10 minutes, but both of them? Did they get each other in a Secret Santa? Was it everyone’s bonus at SUR? Did production just have a bunch laying around? Did Tom and Jax get drunk and order them one night? Why? 

• Love 2
On 1/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, nexxie said:

But doesn’t Lala call everyone dude?

(Perhaps it’s becoming gender neutral.)

On 1/20/2018 at 8:29 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Dude is not gender neutral. I work with transgender teens and we are trained in trauma informed care.  It is also not inclusive to non-binary or gender fluid identities.  I'm sure people will come on and argue that it is and that they have been saying it for so long, but it's simply not.  Here is a good worksheet on pronouns if anyone wants to know more.

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

"Dude" has been gender neutral in its birthplace of Southern California very nearly since its origin. Growing up in SoCal in the '80s, going to an all-girls school, "dude" was an all-inclusive term akin to "y'all." That does not at all invalidate idreamofjoaquin's point that in 2018 the rules of gender and language are and must be reconsidered and rewritten. In 1987 very few people were considering the emotional damage a stray (and habitual/inadvertent/not at all meant to refer to gender)  "dude" comment could do to an already vulnerable population. So, while I strongly maintain that it has been gender-neutral for decades, I agree that "oh, it's always been this way" just ain't good enough anymore. Being kind, considerate, and thoughtful isn't "PC bullshit" it is being human and humane, particularly to the vulnerable, who already have a more difficult row to hoe. Me giving up referring to everyone I encounter as "dude" is a small price to pay to accommodate making someone else's journey in this harsh world easier and kinder. 

*soapbox disengaged 

• Love 2

I cringed when Lala called Billie "dude" too. Yes, dude is often used to refer to both genders, however, it is a traditionally masculine term that in some contexts refers only to someone who is male (e.g. "that dude over there" is obviously referring to a guy) and I think it is in poor taste to use it to refer to a transgender woman even when used in a gender neutral way (as I believe Lala was doing).

I actually thought I saw Lala kind of cringe after she said it, as well. She referred to Billie in the proper pronoun several times and doesn't seem to have a prejudiced bone in her body. I think it was just her talking to Billie how she talks to everyone and agree that sensitivity is very important, but also wonder if it would be insulting for Lala to treat her any differently from any other girlfriend. Regardless, I definitely think it was far more of a regular slip than a Freudian one. Remember when Lisa admonished Arianna for calling her dude? That was awesome.

I'm also 100% down for a Lala/Billie spinoff next.

• Love 3