Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

That was a very abrupt ending. 

Well, congrats to whatever Non!Russian wins this so we can finally see the Olympic flag being raised, the Olympic anthem played and wonder "So kids, was it worth it?"

See you for the exhibitions! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm seeing a lot of arm flailing.   At least Katelyn was true to her music and portrayed the Black Swan.  She didn't just swing her arms around.

I'm glad you said this because I was not feeling the story here.  I wonder if it is the difference between the music for the programs.  I would imagine Anna Karenina would be hard to interpret.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greendog78 said:

No one should be skating to Schindler's List. German or otherwise. It never looks good.

Paul Wylie and Katarina With both skated to it, can't remember if they were at World's or if they'd gone pro by then.  Both were considered pretty controversial at the time.  Wylie's was great because he was always so good with movie theme interpretation (or his choreographer was).  With got more flak as a German.

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought Med skated with more feeling & soul, I would have given her the Gold.

I would have also, but I think these judges are focused on technique. I can't grudge Zagitova the gold.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, zorak said:

I have finally figured out who the scary Russian coach reminds me of. She’s like a harsher looking Elizabeth Mitchell.

OMG, I thought it was just me who saw that! 

When is the exhibition?

Psychologists say that bronze medalists are happier than silver medalists, because silvers always think how close they came to winning gold, but bronze medalists are thrilled they won a medal at all. Not sure if it’s true but Osmond looks over the moon and I’m happy for her.

Would have given gold to Evgenia. Unrelated to that, she seems like more of a human being than Alina.

• Love 19
Just now, dbell1 said:

Just happy it wasn't a splat fest. Wasn't the "best ever" Tara. Hope they do something about backloading programs though. They're not fun to watch.

You can't blame a skater for taking advantage of it though.

• Love 2