Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

On 7/11/2017 at 0:25 PM, Ki-in said:

I know there was talk up thread about whether Carole ate her breakfast and to me it looked like she didn't touch a thing on her plate. They showed her coming to the table to an empty plate and then there was a full plate in front of her the next minute. They never showed Carole getting the food for herself so maybe she wanted to pass on breakfast but one of the other ladies put food on her plate (some moms just love to feed people). I'm just curious as to why she felt it was ok to call Ramona out for her bare feet on the couch but no one called her out for having her bare foot on the chair at breakfast the entire time.

Thank you for reminding me about this!  I watched that episode this past weekend and watched that plate like many watched the Zapruder film.  She had eaten but not eaten everything on her plate.  Let me rephrase this.  She had a plate of food in front of her that looked like someone had eaten most of it but not all.  I don't recall now if I actually saw her eating it, just what was left on the plate.

16 hours ago, Leroux said:

"If Bethenny's products were as successful as she says they are she wouldn't be doing the show" 

She is bound by her contract with Beam for 7 years of publicity by what it is called a back-end deal. David Kanbar, her partner, didn't have the commitment so he took her money all up front and moved on to new projects. Bethenny took the risk and signed a back-end deal that would last 7 years,  the contract was signed March of 2011, she still has some more months to go. Just about another year.

Bethenny as part of the deal commits herself to keep promoting SGC in any show that she is part of, by doing so she is honoring her contract. She left RHNY after season 3 because she had her own show BEA where she could do the promotion. After that she got her talk show but that lasted a season, she needs a mean to actively promote the cocktails and that is why she came back to RHNY. At least until 2018, 

It has always fascinated me to read about the BEAM & SGC deal so I read most of the articles published at a time where they explained this kind of contract. She received most the money the first three years but her contract ties her to the cocktail line for 7 years. Beam could decide to cut Bethenny completely out of Skinny Girl Cocktails next year, but Bethenny was sure to include in her contract that this only pertains to the cocktails, any other product still belongs to Bethenny. 

IMO I doubt that Bethenny is on the show for the salary they pay her, she is for the free publicity opportunity she has for her products. 

Kinda like how the person sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave supposedly is wealthy (a bigly billionaire!)  but still was on a lame tv show and pushing shit like steaks, etc.  

One thing I have learned about people with money that they have earned.  They never stop working.

• Love 5

I know Carole eats, unfortunately with her mouth open. To me it looked like she didn't touch anything BUT since we never saw her plate her food I'm not sure she took any or one of the ladies filled it for her. To me it looked like she was just nursing her coffee. I've never thought Carole was anorexic just a victim of poor nutrition.

I was however bothered by the fact that teen queen had her foot up on the chair the entire breakfast but calls Ramona out for having her feet on the couch (inappropriate but pot calling kettle right there)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I know Carole eats, unfortunately with her mouth open. To me it looked like she didn't touch anything BUT since we never saw her plate her food I'm not sure she took any or one of the ladies filled it for her. To me it looked like she was just nursing her coffee. I've never thought Carole was anorexic just a victim of poor nutrition.

I was however bothered by the fact that teen queen had her foot up on the chair the entire breakfast but calls Ramona out for having her feet on the couch (inappropriate but pot calling kettle right there)

THIS bugs me!  They need to keep their feet where they belong.

• Love 4

She had eaten but not eaten everything on her plate.  Let me rephrase this.  She had a plate of food in front of her that looked like someone had eaten most of it but not all.  I don't recall now if I actually saw her eating it, just what was left on the plate.

Yeah, exactly.

• Love 2

I'm just catching up on the last couple of episodes--LOVED the craziness of this ski episode.

Bethenny and Lu looked so cool on the slopes that they actually made me consider trying skiing at some point.  But then, my common sense returned and I realize that the closest I will get to the slopes is sitting in front of the bay window at the lodge.  Beautiful Natasha Richardson's fate has scarred me for life.

• Love 2

I know there was talk up thread about whether Carole ate her breakfast and to me it looked like she didn't touch a thing on her plate.

Maybe she had some of Beth's muffin beforehand.

• Love 1