Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Eye Of The Beholder / S03.E02: The New Frontier

• Start Topic

In the Season 3 premiere, the Clark family find themselves in a dire predicament and must work together to discover a path to safety; and Strand faces resistance as he attempts to hold power over his domain.

Assholes killed Travis.  They just confirmed he's really most sincerely dead.

Did Luciana have any dialogue at all?

I'm tired, can't to TD tonight, though Cliff Curtis looks good.

• Love 6
(edited)

I keep giving this show chances. What a dire start to the season. Cliff Curtis is well out of this dreck. I can't figure what is worse, the acting or the writing. Madison might as well have broken a nail when she heard about Travis' death. Now they are making their home in this white supremacist compound. It cracks me up that the show actually thinks that it is believable they can take over. It isn't like they are good fighters like Rick and his people. I hope that Strand can find a nice diverse safe haven away from Madison and her brood. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 16
(edited)

Well that was a bit of a shock..said no one ever..

Cliff im sure is glad he's free of the show,now he can devote his time to working with James Cameron for a while (RE:Avatar sequels)

and yes if Strand is smart,he better drive as far away as possible(though something tells me the car may break down near where Madison and the others are now lol)

Edited by TDT
  • Love 8

Hmm.....All in all not too bad. I think that Stephen could have made an interesting character. I wanted to know more about him, where did he come from? How did he end up prisoner there? How did he know his way around the maze of tunnels? I think they jumped the gun killing Travis off. 

So Strand gets sent packing for being a decent human being? Hope it bites them in the ass kicking out the closest thing to a medic they have come in contact with. 'Throw him to the wolves tomorrow he will come back leader of the whole pack'.

Madison still pisses me off

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Now they are making their home in this white supremacist compound. 

I'll cop to being half asleep tonight, but where did I miss the white supremists?

• Love 5

Oh, yeah!  The return of Diet Walking Dead!  Or Walking Dead Zero....

Positive comment first: I'm always glad to see Dayton Callie pop up!  Hell, maybe it was my Deadwood love talking, but I thought even Kim Dickens was better then normal opposite of him compared to the norm.  And I did love him basically saying that the only reason he was talking to her at the end was because he didn't want her to kill herself and put them all in danger.  It sure as hell ain't because he feels for her, heh.  But if The Walking Dead is all about bringing in actors from The Wire, I would be totally fine with this show bringing in Deadwood folks.  I would so be down for Timothy Olyphant as a charming ruffian, Brad Dourif as a psychopath (I mean, he is good at it), and Garrett Dillahunt just playing five different characters at the same time!

Fare thee well, Travis.  Just when you were getting kind of interesting.  At least Cliff Curtis will hopefully find better work.  At the very least, he'll be getting that James Cameron movie money!

How is it that Alicia seemed more torn up about Travis then his actual wife, Madison?  Besides the whole "Alycia Debnam-Carey at least seems to know how to emote, unlike Kim Dickens" thing...

They sure were all about wasting their talented guest cast with them already offing Ross McCall (man, Keller from White Collar would be amazing in a zombie apocalypse!), Lindsay Pulsipher, and Brenda Strong pulling a Tommen.

I know Jake is suppose to be the normal compared to Troy, but since I've only seen Sam Underwood playing creepy guys on The Following and Dexter, I don't trust him.

What is the over/under for how long it is before Strand's sweet new ride gets stolen or fucked up?

I really forget that there is a character called Ophelia on this show.

Better then normal, but even then, my second favorite moment was the commercial for Talking Dead, when Hardwick hypes about this being the most "action-packed" Fear the Walking Dead episode yet.  Great salesmanship, Chris, but that isn't exactly a high bar to jump over.  Favorite moment was actually the five minutes I saw of Talking Dead, where instead of being all serious and dour like most "victims" on any of these shows, Cliff Curtis really seemed to give no fucks about getting killed off.  If anything, he seemed happy as hell.  Don't blame him.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Aww Travis. Not really surprised since Cliff signed on for all the Avatar sequels which will take years to shoot. I loved that Travis dropped from the helicopter for Alicia to make it and after saving Nick.

Kim Dickens and Wayne Unsers scenes distracted me because I kept thinking of their characters in Sons of Anarchy. Different show, guns still involved.

Strand didn't think at all that the door was that hard to open on purpose when dealing with a person who had a fake child doll in the room? Oh well, he got a free car out of it.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Glad I wasn't the only one getting White Supremacists vibes from the compound people. Both sons seem creepy to me with Troy just being more overt with his creepiness.

Fare thee well Travis. You went out like the hero you always tried to be.

Kim Dickens was a much better actress in Treme. Emoting is like a foreign concept to her on this show.

Nick still cares more about random people he's met for all of five seconds (sarcasm) than his own family and it grates. 

Sticking with show for Alicia and Strand. When they go, I go too.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Defeated said:

I'll cop to being half asleep tonight, but where did I miss the white supremists?

You didn't; nothing at all has been said about the political leanings of the group as of yet.  Russell Otto, the leader of the group (I still have trouble looking at Dayton Callie and not calling him "Unser" from SOA), said the compound was initially established by a group of preppers - and contrary to the opinions many may hold, not all preppers (not most, even) are white supremacists.  It's possible some folks are getting preppers (who are by and large individual survivalists) confused with the private militia types (which are typically groups formed along ideological lines).

• Love 18

I had decided we were not going to watch one minute of this new season, and took it off the DVR.  My husband convinced me to watch tonight, give it one more chance, for him.  So I did, and then found out near the end that he had slept through most of it.  I watched it for no reason!!! :(((((((

He woke up when I asked what was wrong with Madison, she looked weird, and then I realized that she was trying to have an emotion about Travis dying.  Luckily, that moment passed super fast!

When the woman gave Strand the compass, I said, "And now she is going to jump off the balcony to her death". Ta da!

No more of this.  I can't.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

avorite moment was actually the five minutes I saw of Talking Dead, where instead of being all serious and dour like most "victims" on any of these shows, Cliff Curtis really seemed to give no fucks about getting killed off.  If anything, he seemed happy as hell.  Don't blame him.  

Didn't he just?! He practically did a jig. I have always liked him as an actor. I am sure that he is probably working steadily already. The  Avatar role helps. 

I didn't think that the woman was going to jump off the balcony. Just because I recognized the actress and thought she would have a bigger role. The make up on her was poorly done. It looks so fake.

I would be nice if Strand could find himself a boyfriend as well as a safe haven away from Mads and her offspring. He is so alone and mostly an afterthought.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I keep giving this show chances. What a dire start to the season. Cliff Curtis is well out of this dreck. I can't figure what is worse, the acting or the writing. Madison might as well have broken a nail when she heard about Travis' death. Now they are making their home in this white supremacist compound. It cracks me up that the show actually thinks that it is believable they can take over. It isn't like they are good fighters like Rick and his people. I hope that Strand can find a nice diverse safe haven away from Madison and her brood. 

Madison & Nick are the 2 most delusional people on the show. Nick was surrounded by Troy's family with guns & threaten to kill Troy. If I was Troy's dad, I would never let Nick in the camp.

Madison didn't really seem to be too upset about travis dying.

I watch the show because I like Strand & Alicia.

I am surprised that this group could take control of a military base for a few months & let it get overrun by a few zombies when Nick shows up. The base was very secure.

• Love 4

I just had a genius idea. They should do a time jump and move Strand over to The Walking Dead. The team can encounter him alone somewhat delusional holed up somewhere. He can then integrate with Rick and people and then, he and Jesus could hook up. Strand and Jesus would be an awesome couple. Make it happen, Gimple!

• Love 17
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Glad I'm watching TD because the way it played in the helicopter was that Travis was revealing to Alicia that he had been bit. Apparently it was another gunshot wound.

Unfortunately, you have to watch Talking Dead to find out key plot points about the show. I thought it looked like a bite as well. It would make sense that Travis was bit when he was in a pit of Zombies.

• Love 5

I realize this is my personal opinion. 

In years past, I'd be psyched about the return of TWD. Then when Fear came along, I watched, but my interest started to wane, quickly. But I watched.

With TWD, I knew when the new season was starting, and I looked forward to it.

Last night I STUMBLED across Fear. I had NO idea it was starting back last night.

Another troubling thing: I could barely remember the plot and there were names (even Nick's) that I had to struggle to recall.

That's not a good sign. Again, that's just me.

As for the balance of the season, I'll watch only because there's nothing else on. But it is NOT must-see TV.

• Love 15

I realized in slogging through this that this show works best when it just accepts that it doesn't have the pretensions of gravitas or the budget of the mother show and just goes ball to the wall crazy.  Madison leading slimy Troy around by the spoon to the eye socket, Travis cage fighting however many zombies with a concrete block, sending Strand in to deal with Sue Ellen Mishke before kicking him to the curb, rats rats rats! in the wall all had me howling.  If it wanted to be that show, I could probably get on board with that because the rest of it, like Madison not sure if she's grieving or just gassy or declaring herself the Ricktator 2.0 when it's just her and her kids, just falls flat.

Both shows in the franchise have the maddening tendency to show us kernels of some pretty interesting apocalypse scenarios but then whiffing on the follow through to make them good television.  The maybe they're white separatists wanting to build a new society at Brokejaw Ranch are already sending up flags in that direction.  It's a timely idea that presents all sorts of story possibilities, but apparently for all their tough talk and hardware they can be backed down by one doofus waving around a gun he tricked one of their own out of.  So what is the point?  Do these guys really want Alicia and Madison that badly that they'll put up with that?

Countdown starts on how many episodes we get before Madison manages to lose her baby boy of the weirdly gropey hug again.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I realized in slogging through this that this show works best when it just accepts that it doesn't have the pretensions of gravitas or the budget of the mother show and just goes ball to the wall crazy.  Madison leading slimy Troy around by the spoon to the eye socket, Travis cage fighting however many zombies with a concrete block, sending Strand in to deal with Sue Ellen Mishke before kicking him to the curb, rats rats rats! in the wall all had me howling.  If it wanted to be that show, I could probably get on board with because the rest of it, like Madison not sure if she's grieving or just gassy or declaring herself the Ricktator 2.0 when it's just her and her kids, just falls flat.

Both shows in the franchise have the maddening tendency to show us kernels of some pretty interesting apocalypse scenarios but then whiffing on the follow through to make them good television.  The maybe they're white separatists wanting to build a new society at Brokejaw Ranch are already sending up flags in that direction.  It's a timely idea that presents all sorts of story possibilities, but apparently for all their tough talk and hardware they can be backed down by one doofus waving around a gun he tricked one of their own out of.  So what is the point?  Do these guys really want Alicia and Madison that badly that they'll put up with that?

Countdown starts on how many episodes we get before Madison manages to lose her baby boy of the weirdly gropey hug again.

Agreed. I was very curious about the Prepper Group. The ranch is pretty far from the border. Someone said they were gathering fuel at the border. There was a fuel truck at the base, but it wasn't part of the convoy to the ranch.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I realized in slogging through this that this show works best when it just accepts that it doesn't have the pretensions of gravitas or the budget of the mother show and just goes ball to the wall crazy. 

I couldn't help but think of the budget last night. They were burning through money, what with all the extras, Walker-kills, helicopter, weaponry and let's not forget—rats. Rats don't come cheap.

I'm afraid with what was spent on the first two shows, we may not see another Walker until Season 4. (God forbid!)

Does anyone have a guess as to where Strand was talking about when he said he knows of a [safe] place? I will absolutely scream if he heads back to the beach house in California.

• Love 5

The Brokejaw Ranch crew have my spidey senses tingling because Troy and his crew were experimenting on Mexicans.  They didn't mind if the odd gringo got caught up in the mix but they seemed VERY interested in Mexican subjects and were practically foaming at the mouth when they found out that Travis is Maori.  Paging Dr. Mengele.

In my opinion the first episode was a complete and utter waste of time.  What was the point of setting up having our heroes caught by a band of psychos if everyone is going to be skipping off into the sunset at the end of the episode?  Was it just to get rid of all those superfluous Mexicans Nick was 'leading'.  I still don't know half of what went on in the first episode because I couldn't fucking HEAR what the actors were saying.  The TWD is addicted to so many tricks to make it seem 'edgy', when what it really needs are good writers and good actors.  They hire good actors then shove them into the background or kill them off completely while people like Frank Dillaine hog up all the screen time.

As for the second episode, the addition of Strand made it exponentially better.  But why have a character as interesting (and popular) as Strand, played by an actor as compelling as Colman Domingo, and NOT FUCKING USE HIM.  I would have loved a delivery scene with Strand trying to act like he knows what he's doing so he doesn't get killed by the husband and finally holding a newborn in his arms with all of its possibilities.  Instead we get the Clarke crew and their new associates who are so fucking stupid and useless that a zombie is able to sneak up on them in the middle of the night, while they're ON WATCH.  Absolute and complete FUCKERY.

• Love 13

I always think of the scene in the Godfather when Robert Duvall takes that interminable walk through the airport when watching ftwd. The show occasionally has a good scene, then it's killed by 60 seconds of camera shots of the desert. I can't watch it live, only on dvr.

The whole Strand-thing was confusing. The hotel woman (the boss-lady, but I can't remember her name) got trapped by the guys at the fence. It looked like they were going to hurt.kill her if they didn't get in. Then Strand comes along and lies. (Does Strand even know the truth?) But it quiets down the crowd. He said he's a doctor. Now I'm pretty certain the hotel woman knew that wasn't true. But she wanted to save her life, and opened the gate. Then she has the balls to get MAD at Strand when she "finds out" he lied about being a doctor. I mean, what the hell. He delivered the baby for Christ's sake. What the hell???? But I guess the writers had to get Strand out of there somehow.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

This series really needs to consider bringing on the nudity to distract from the horribly bad acting. 

This is the best line I've seen all week!

• Love 5
(edited)

The scene with the rats was hysterically bad. They were there all this time and this is the first time that they heard the noise. Worse yet, he sticks his head in to a dark hole in the wall. I thought that Noel Fisher (who played the solider)  was going to do a guest stint.

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

You didn't; nothing at all has been said about the political leanings of the group as of yet.  Russell Otto, the leader of the group (I still have trouble looking at Dayton Callie and not calling him "Unser" from SOA), said the compound was initially established by a group of preppers - and contrary to the opinions many may hold, not all preppers (not most, even) are white supremacists.  It's possible some folks are getting preppers (who are by and large individual survivalists) confused with the private militia types (which are typically groups formed along ideological lines).

The writing on the show is pretty terrible, but unless they have completely lost the plot, they were pretty much shouting that those people are white supremacists by their attitudes towards the Mexicans and Travis.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

The Brokejaw Ranch crew have my spidey senses tingling because Troy and his crew were experimenting on Mexicans.  They didn't mind if the odd gringo got caught up in the mix but they seemed VERY interested in Mexican subjects and were practically foaming at the mouth when they found out that Travis is Maori.  Paging Dr. Mengele.

In my opinion the first episode was a complete and utter waste of time.  What was the point of setting up having our heroes caught by a band of psychos if everyone is going to be skipping off into the sunset at the end of the episode?  Was it just to get rid of all those superfluous Mexicans Nick was 'leading'.  I still don't know half of what went on in the first episode because I couldn't fucking HEAR what the actors were saying.  The TWD is addicted to so many tricks to make it seem 'edgy', when what it really needs are good writers and good actors.  They hire good actors then shove them into the background or kill them off completely while people like Frank Dillaine hog up all the screen time.

As for the second episode, the addition of Strand made it exponentially better.  But why have a character as interesting (and popular) as Strand, played by an actor as compelling as Colman Domingo, and NOT FUCKING USE HIM.  I would have loved a delivery scene with Strand trying to act like he knows what he's doing so he doesn't get killed by the husband and finally holding a newborn in his arms with all of its possibilities.  Instead we get the Clarke crew and their new associates who are so fucking stupid and useless that a zombie is able to sneak up on them in the middle of the night, while they're ON WATCH.  Absolute and complete FUCKERY.

Agreed!. What happened to the Mexicans that Nick & Luciana were leading? Are they all dead?

It seems that Troy & his family took over a military base & can fly helicopters to a ranch in the mountain. How did that happen?

Who was shooting at the Helicopter?

Why did they show the scene of the female helicopter pilot in total darkness? Did they cut the light budget?

The scene with the rats was ridiculous. I thought I was watching a horror film.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Like rats off of a sinking ship.   I have to wonder, were these cast members written out of the show for budgetary reasons, or did they want off of the show and forced the writers' hands?  Perhaps it was a lack of chemistry between the lead actor and the lead actress that caused Curtis to presumably get killed? 

The story lines for both of these episodes weren't as bad as I thought they would be, but my gosh this show keeps the one actress that can't express the emotion of her boy toy getting killed?  Doesn't Kim Dickens know how to cry?  Even tough people trying to live through a ZA have the capacity to cry.  It isn't a sign of weakness, it is a sign of emotional release.

This series really needs to consider bringing on the nudity to distract from the horribly bad acting. 

This is season three and the acting just keeps getting worse.  If the acting hasn't gotten better by now, then it probably never will get better.

Kim Dickens is a much better actress on House of Cards. She is completely unsuited for this show. I never saw any attraction between her & Travis. I think she loves Nick & is indifferent to Alicia.

The show will be much better when they have more Strand & less Madison & Nick.

• Love 2

One, of many things, that irritated me last night was when they were at the ranch. Nick, of course, wanted to leave. Madison, of course, wanted him to stay. [And saying it like that should show just how tired THAT story line is.]

Nick said something to Madison (about why she should let him go): You don't know what I'm capable of.  What the hell does that even mean? Is he Spiderman now? I'd rather have Allycia by my side in a fight than Nick. Does he think he's the Pied Piper of Walkers? They've alluded to that in the past, but does he actually believe that shit???

• Love 5

Nick's mastered the one or two face smears of walker blood to completely disguise himself so he can go all Dances With Walkers and lived to tell about it on a couple of occasions now, so no it wouldn't surprise me if he really does think that.  Unfortunately as we saw in last season's finale, his Pied Piper act with live people didn't turn out nearly as well.  I assumed that all of the dead on the ground as Travis and Maddie and Alicia ran through were supposed to be his former followers, but the show never bothered to clarify what happened to all those people, including children, in its rush to set up the militia guys who are evil one minute and inviting you back to the ranch in the next.

They didn't know who was shooting at the helicopter either.  We'll probably never hear about it again until they need to introduce another baddie.

• Love 6

As for the balance of the season, I'll watch only because there's nothing else on. But it is NOT must-see TV.

Nick said something to Madison (about why she should let him go): You don't know what I'm capable of.  What the hell does that even mean? Is he Spiderman now? I'd rather have Allycia by my side in a fight than Nick. Does he think he's the Pied Piper of Walkers? They've alluded to that in the past, but does he actually believe that shit???

Agree on both counts...  Also, I am taken aback on the little "family huddle" where Madison said we'll stay here until WE TAKE IT OVER..  Ok then.  Just think.., if The Rick Clan struggling mightily over in D.C with the evil Negan could have Madison/Travis clan for just a day..,  Negan would be totally defeated.

Also.., maybe it was supposed to be grief.. But when Madison was over by the tree puking her guts out.., is it possible she could be pregnant???  If I recall correctly she and Travis rather awkwardly screwed in the last season.

Really, really horrible opening episodes last night.

• Love 6

So what has our team destroyed: Their own neighborhood by leaving the gate open.

Other nearby neighborhoods because Ruben Blades character didn't close the door after leaving the gym.

The gay hacienda.

The hotel.

The large and seemingly well-fortified "army" camp.

And the soon-to-be the gone ranch of enlightenment.

What else???  Looks like Team B from FTWD has Team A from TWD beat especially when considering the time that has elapsed.

• Love 9

What's still kinda sorta cool is that our bunch here is earlier into the ZA. Although sometimes it's easy to forget because they do some things that the east-coast boys took some time figuring out (Face paint with guts). But to see a helicopter was almost...refreshing.

Plus, with the number of people living on FTWD, hope still seems available. Of course, the reality is, we know about TWD, so the viewer knows there is no hope. If I were a writer, I'd hate knowing that because it removes some possibilities for stories (like city-building). Unless TPTB takes the approach that the people on the West Coast are smarter, braver and stronger than those on the East Coast. Of course, as we know, in real life some people already believe that.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think most people came to that conclusion because out of everyone, Troy kept Madison and Alicia (the two obviously white women) away from the kill room, while they took Travis a very very brown man (they originally assumed to be Mexican and was a little taken aback to find that he was Madison's husband). Nothing to do with them being preppers. Cliff Curtis himself mentioned that his whole family are preppers and he is very much not white. So while they may not be white supremacist....I don't think they like Mexicans very much.

I hope we get more insight into to Travis' and Alicia's relationship in the future. I wonder if she feels like his death is her losing another father figure and having to deal with what that means for her mother's mental well-being.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

You didn't; nothing at all has been said about the political leanings of the group as of yet.  Russell Otto, the leader of the group (I still have trouble looking at Dayton Callie and not calling him "Unser" from SOA), said the compound was initially established by a group of preppers - and contrary to the opinions many may hold, not all preppers (not most, even) are white supremacists.  

Oho, thanks!  I think I missed a chunk of that.  I should probably record and watch later during the week as I'm pretty wiped out on Sunday nights

(edited)

They were racists, how is this even a discussion?

-Visibly unhinged brother was killing black and brown people for "scientific" reasons.

-The white people could volunteer if they "wanted to help", everyone darker than tan had no choice.

-They wrote numbers on Travis and everyone's hand to identify them. (that sounds familiar prison/concentration camps, etc.)

-When VUBro talked to Madison and Alicia, he assumed Travis was the friend in Mexico with the place they stayed at- nowhere in his mind did he think that it was possible for Madison to be with a brown man.

-Then when he found out Travis was Maori, he automatically assumed Travis was from New Zealand, once again never considering that Travis could be from the U.S.

-Travis literally used his heritage to save Chris since they had never had "one of his kind" to experiment on.

-VUBro verbally attacking Travis about how he could protect and provide for Madison and Alicia better than him, implying that because he was white he was automatically better than Travis for any white woman.

-Then PapaBigot felt he had to ask Madison if Madison thought Travis would highjack transport (sounds familar?)

They are white supremacists, it has nothing to do with them being preppers. And the one brother who was somewhat decent is going to snap. I would bet that either he thinks the same deep down as his family, but because he's 'educated' he hides it to be morally superior to his family in the rest of the world's eyes; or, he snaps when Alicia rejects him somehow.

Edited by william0102
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

What's still kinda sorta cool is that our bunch here is earlier into the ZA. Although sometimes it's easy to forget because they do some things that the east-coast boys took some time figuring out (Face paint with guts). But to see a helicopter was almost...refreshing.

Plus, with the number of people living on FTWD, hope still seems available. Of course, the reality is, we know about TWD, so the viewer knows there is no hope. If I were a writer, I'd hate knowing that because it removes some possibilities for stories (like city-building). Unless TPTB takes the approach that the people on the West Coast are smarter, braver and stronger than those on the East Coast. Of course, as we know, in real life some people already believe that.

I would hope that the West Coast would be in better shape than the East Coast due to better weather overall.

This group without Maddie is keeping the hotel running.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It is pretty much set up for Strand and Madison to hook up.  Whether that potential relationship would fair much better than Madison and Travis, only time will tell.  It is rather amazing that it has taken this much time for them to finally end the Madison and Travis experiment.  It was a complete bust from the start.  I just think they made a huge mistake by keeping Madison and bumping off Travis.  They probably should have kept Travis and bumped off Madison.

Strand and Madison aren't happening because he is gay, although I suppose that they could make him bi. Cliff Curtis (Travis) got a role in the upcoming Avatar films so he likely told them that he was out so they had little choice, but to kill him off.

@william0102 Nice breakdown.

I hope the people shooting at the helicopter are people who escaped the white supremacists' death camp.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
(edited)

From the start this show has been consistently bad. TWD has been hit and miss quality-wise the last few seasons but, geez, I can't believe that this shares any of the creators of TWD.

And what's up with all the Brit/Aussie/Kiwi talent? Not enough available American actors?

Edited by SoSueMe
typo
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

And what's up with all the Brit/Aussie/Kiwi talent? Not enough available American actors?

I haven't seen Kim Dickens on anything else, but others have posted that she's not this bad of an actress. Could it be that the other cast members' constantly changing accents on set throws her off? She has ZERO chemistry with anyone on this show.

1 minute ago, Swim mom said:

I haven't seen Kim Dickens on anything else, but others have posted that she's not this bad of an actress. Could it be that the other cast members' constantly changing accents on set throws her off? She has ZERO chemistry with anyone on this show.

Maybe. But a 'not bad' actress should be able to deal with that. It is a basic acting skill imo. Apparently she enjoys some following ( from Deadwood maybe?) This is the first thing I've seen her in and I'm not impressed.

• Love 2

I didn't watch last night, I was occupied by the Warriors and Cavaliers. I decided to stop by here first, to see if the new season was worth watching. Based on most of your posts, I'd say not. 

There is so much good tv right now on cable and the streaming services, plus sports. I'm not going to give this show any more of my precious viewing time. I'm out. 

Thanks for helping make my decision everyone!

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember Kim Dickens from Deadwood. I didn't think that she was anything special. However, I don't put all the show's problems on her. However, I do think that Dickens and the Frank Dillane who plays Nick are the weak links in the cast. They both have been failures as the leads. They are both mediocre (I am being generous) actors who should not have been cast in the roles or once in the roles should have never been given so much of the material to carry. After season one, the showrunner should have reoriented the characters making Travis and Strand the leads, but they are men of color and that would not have flown. I think that the actress playing Alicia has come into her own and should be the lead character not Nick. Ultimately, this show's main problem is the writing though, followed by poor casting.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Maybe. But a 'not bad' actress should be able to deal with that. It is a basic acting skill imo. Apparently she enjoys some following ( from Deadwood maybe?) This is the first thing I've seen her in and I'm not impressed.

I loved Deadwood, and only disliked one character:  Joanie Stubbs, played by (you guessed it) Kim Dickens. I thought it was the character and her stupid little hats, but now realize it was probably the actress. 

She was inoffensive and didn't ruin 'Gone Girl,' so there's that, I guess. 

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 3

Alicia's upset because she just lost the only member of her family who wasn't a complete fuckwit and also managed to remember she exists. Now, she's stuck with the MotherBoy duo.

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

Alicia's upset because she just lost the only member of her family who wasn't a complete fuckwit and also managed to remember she exists. Now, she's stuck with the MotherBoy duo.

Madison would happily run over a field of babies holding puppies with a SUV, if it somehow helped her precious Nick.  Her son, who happily abandoned his family during an apocalypse, because he liked the theories of a crazy murdering maid better.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

I think I love you for making the MotherBoy reference from a truly great show work for a truly terrible one.

• Love 3