Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 12/31/2018 at 2:09 PM, Emma C said:

Their "workout" is my warmup.

All snark aside, if this program gets people to start exercising, then I'm all for it.

No way in hell Twit works out for 24 min straight , it’s gotta be edited. 

*Agree anything that gets people moving is good 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2018 at 8:36 PM, Irate Panda said:

In the Q&A, someone ask about how Whitney’s house always being clean and Whitney says she has a cleaning service and a life assistance coach, who is meticulous.  Is that suppose to be Donna, Tal or someone else?

Sorry if this has already been asked — but wtf is a life assistance coach?

1 hour ago, DNR said:

No way in hell Twit works out for 24 min straight , it’s gotta be edited. 

*Agree anything that gets people moving is good 

Depends on the movement. I think doing exercises in an incorrect way that may damage the knees, spine, elbow, etc., causing probelms later in life is worse than not exercising at all. That's why Twit's routines with Jessica may come back to bite her in the ass in a few years. And Twit is now "training" other women. Scary.

I am currently suffering from the effects of incorrect exercising. I tried to duplicate at home an exercise I did in PT several months ago & managed to irritate my sciatic nerve to the point that the pain in my left thigh is nearly unbearable.

BTW, according to Twit there will be 3 minutes of rest within the 24 minutes. Cagey way to keep it from looking like she couldn't get thru the whole routine.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

My first thought was that it was some kind of therapist, but based of Whit's limitations I'm guessing it's an assisted living/personal care attendant type of job. Basically what we saw others doing at times, like putting on her shoes, rubbing ointment, shaving, helping her if she falls, etc. "Coach" sounds better than needing a care aid in her early 30s.

Edited by alabetser
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Donut Bear said:

Here's an Internet definition:

"Life Coach Job Description: What You Will Do

Life coaches are instrumental in helping others. Here’s what you’ll do in this career.

Being a life coach involves more than offering tips or advice to your client. Life coaching requires you to get to know your clients quickly, assess their goals efficiently and formulate strategies to help them meet their goals.

Your recommendations should be based on realistic expectations. You’ll want to create stepping stones for your client, rather than overwhelming or unattainable goals.

You’ll act as a sort of counselor for your client, meeting with them regularly to discuss their improvements and progress in meeting their goals. You’ll also be responsible for supporting and motivating people as they work toward lifestyle improvements.

What does a life coach do?

As a life coach, you’ll deal with each client’s issues on an individual basis and determine the proper strategy for their needs. Depending on where you work and the type of client you work with, your responsibilities will vary. General duties of a life coach include:

Meet with clients to discuss needs and goals

Develop strategies and plans for clients

Keep records of client progress

Meet with and evaluate clientsAdjust clients’ goal strategies as neededWhat degree or certification will I need to become a life coach?You’ll need to earn a certificate through a life coach training program in order to work in the field and become certified through the ICF."

Basically, it seems to be one of those New-Agey ideas so ppl too lazy to get a degree can be "certified" in something. If you watch The Conners, you'll see wacky Aunt Jackie is now certifed as a life coach.

BTW, Twit mentioned a life assistant, not a coach. I'm pretty sure she was referring to her "domestic life partner," Tal.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Dot said:

Oh, good grief.

Of course, she neglects to include ppl with a "perfect body" like Todd in her list of worthies.

On 4/5/2017 at 3:57 PM, AmyB said:

Omg another posting to get attention. 

IMG_4464.PNG

IMG_4465.PNG

omg, ugh. ugh. puke.  God knows there is an agenda here but self love is also self care.  I know a lot of people laugh at the younger generation for the self care movement but balence people not self induldence.  I am worthy enough to look and smell nice. I deserve to take care of my body.  I know people might think it's overwhelming or unrealistic but fucking baby steps people.  This all or nothing black and white thinking is a characteristic of a personality disorder.   I think a lot of times people just don't understand the difference between what is realistic for them vs what social ideals are. sure not everyone is going to be a size zero without removing a rib but you can stop drinking soda and just doing that helped me drop 10lb with out doing anything else. Worked for other peeps too.  Vacation in a nation without coke you with be thinder and still alive side is not a utility or food group. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Stamospetrock said:

Whitney actually looks thinner to me now lol

She is definitely thinner. I can see it in her face and overall. Good for her. However, the obnoxious personality is still alive and thriving. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Stamospetrock said:

Whitney actually looks thinner to me now lol

I tend to agree. However she has played so fast and loose with photoshop that it’s really hard to know. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
Poor typing on my tablet
  • Love 5

Jesus on a pogo stick... taking care of yourself so that you look presentable to the rest of the world isn't "self-hate". Self-hate is letting yourself go and looking like you don't give a shit about yourself and how the world sees you. I'm not a twig (smaller than Witless but still decidedly plus-sized) and the only time you see me in leggings is if I'm going out on a run. I wear clothes that fit and make me look good. I wear makeup and take care of my skin. I have my hair done on a regular basis (color and styling) and never leave the house without my hair brushed. I look my best, not for other people but for myself. I like to look nice and when I see a blob like her who looks like bathing on a regular basis is too much to ask for, I'm going to think badly of them.

Whitney needs to get a clue by four upside the head that people don't look down on her because she's fat. They look down on her because she's slovenly, gross, lazy and has a repellent personality. There are plenty of fat women out there who take care of themselves and have nice lives and don't sit around looking for insult about their weight because we don't let it define us. I'm a pretty woman who happens to be fat and I'm not going to be defined by my dress size. No self-hate here.

• Love 17
32 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Whitney needs to get a clue by four upside the head that people don't look down on her because she's fat. They look down on her because she's slovenly, gross, lazy and has a repellent personality. There are plenty of fat women out there who take care of themselves and have nice lives and don't sit around looking for insult about their weight because we don't let it define us. I'm a pretty woman who happens to be fat and I'm not going to be defined by my dress size. No self-hate here.

Agree. She reinforces the unfortunate stereotype that fat people are slovenly, gross/unhygienic, and lazy. It's really not that hard to shower daily.

49 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Agree. She reinforces the unfortunate stereotype that fat people are slovenly, gross/unhygienic, and lazy. It's really not that hard to shower daily.

She really needs to do something about that sleevage. Oh...wait...maybe that's why she doesn't wear sleeves. 

ETA: who's the creepy dude with no shirt? Damn, people, cover the fuck up.

Edited by Colleenna
Additional thought.
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

And what is the obsession with throwing the weights on the floor?!?

Oh god I was just going to comment on that. What a bunch of assholes. Also that workout was EXTREMELY different from Whitney's workouts with Jessica. Each of those moves was extremely basic and easy. Which I suppose is adequate for Whitney's followers, but I don't know why anyone would pay money for this shit when you could probably Google "simple dumbbell workout" and get far more useful information.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

WTF is this? Who is Mr Man Bun? Some of these things aren’t even recognizable as exercises even when you watch Ryan. And what is the obsession with throwing the weights on the floor?!?

Man Bun is a personal training buddy of Ryan's, who also sells a line of some kind of body building supplements.  He shows up a lot in Ryan's instagram. 

The work-out videos, as shown by the samples, are an inconsistent mess.  Interesting that when one of the participants posted on Ryan's instagram saying she had bad knees and how could she do these exercises, he told her to DM him and he'd advise her. I guess the idea of having demonstrators show standard modifications has gone by the wayside. But I did notice Whitney is now doing shallow knee bends while trying to keep her back straight and not allowing her knees to push past her toes, so yay me for a constructive and effective critique!

All the cool kids fling their barbells away after working out. Someone tell Glenn he's going to need to pay for replacement flooring for the studio/garage. Next time, Whitney wants her name engraved on every other board.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

She really needs to do something about that sleevage. Oh...wait...maybe that's why she doesn't wear sleeves. 

ETA: who's the creepy dude with no shirt? Damn, people, cover the fuck up.

In her IG profile, Twit declares him a hottie who's single. So, nail him yourself, Twit. Women with taste aren't interested.

BTW, he's pictured in the profile with his long, stringly, dirty-looking hair hanging down. Worse than the man bun.

Ryan cut his long, stringly, dirty-looking hair before Xmas, apparently cuz he didn't want to go home to the Ohio folks looking like a bum. I'll bet he's growing it back.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh god I was just going to comment on that. What a bunch of assholes. Also that workout was EXTREMELY different from Whitney's workouts with Jessica. Each of those moves was extremely basic and easy. Which I suppose is adequate for Whitney's followers, but I don't know why anyone would pay money for this shit when you could probably Google "simple dumbbell workout" and get far more useful information.

I completed agree. I thought one of those moves might be an attempt at a plank knee to elbow but all three of them are doing it so poorly it probably isn’t. 

If all the cool kids throw their weights then all the cool kids are assholes 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I completed agree. I thought one of those moves might be an attempt at a plank knee to elbow but all three of them are doing it so poorly it probably isn’t. 

If all the cool kids throw their weights then all the cool kids are assholes 

That is a straight-leg kickback, which is good for the glutes and that's about it. Several of those exercises hit only one or two muscle groups, which is definitely Exercise 101-type stuff. It's the kind of workout I would do with a client on day one to analyze their basic form. I would expect a subscription-service or otherwise paid workout to hit multiple muscle groups (I'm thinking of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD, which whupped my ass because every exercise hits upper AND lower body at once).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

That is a straight-leg kickback, which is good for the glutes and that's about it. Several of those exercises hit only one or two muscle groups, which is definitely Exercise 101-type stuff. It's the kind of workout I would do with a client on day one to analyze their basic form. I would expect a subscription-service or otherwise paid workout to hit multiple muscle groups (I'm thinking of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD, which whupped my ass because every exercise hits upper AND lower body at once).

That’s probably why I don’t recognize any of it.  My trainer/class teacher never does anything that only hits one or two muscle groups. I usually appreciate that. Sometimes it makes me curse her LOL

• Love 2

To be totally fair (a lot fairer than Witless deserves), these kind of exercises are aimed squarely at her fan base. Women who very likely get little to no exercise and would need the most basic exercises. But for those who have any level of physical fitness, they're going to get bored very quickly. Hopefully the program will show a progression in difficulty with the expectation that the viewers are actually doing the exercises, benefiting physically from it and are ready to push themselves. Starting off slowly is not a bad thing and it's probably smart not to scare them off with things that are too challenging right off the bat.

The problem is that I have no confidence that this will happen. For all the exercise Witless does, she's in awful shape and nearly every episode of her show that focuses on a physical challenge has her struggling to show us just... how... hard... she's... working! And exercise programs do need to be tailored to the individual's needs. There may very well be some fans who sign up that are in moderately good shape and will find this program too simple for their needs. Likewise there may be some that have real mobility issues that will find these too difficult and need a program that takes their limitations into account. Unless the program shows variations in the exercises for all physical capabilities, it's not going to be worthwhile and will end up being another money grab for Witless.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

To be totally fair (a lot fairer than Witless deserves), these kind of exercises are aimed squarely at her fan base. Women who very likely get little to no exercise and would need the most basic exercises. But for those who have any level of physical fitness, they're going to get bored very quickly. Hopefully the program will show a progression in difficulty with the expectation that the viewers are actually doing the exercises, benefiting physically from it and are ready to push themselves. Starting off slowly is not a bad thing and it's probably smart not to scare them off with things that are too challenging right off the bat.

The problem is that I have no confidence that this will happen. For all the exercise Witless does, she's in awful shape and nearly every episode of her show that focuses on a physical challenge has her struggling to show us just... how... hard... she's... working! And exercise programs do need to be tailored to the individual's needs. There may very well be some fans who sign up that are in moderately good shape and will find this program too simple for their needs. Likewise there may be some that have real mobility issues that will find these too difficult and need a program that takes their limitations into account. Unless the program shows variations in the exercises for all physical capabilities, it's not going to be worthwhile and will end up being another money grab for Witless.

This was what I thought it was supposed to be. Ryan would do the more advanced exercise and Whitney would do the modifications. Since this video has three there could be three options for different levels. But if this is what three options looks like this isnt going to last long. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This was what I thought it was supposed to be. Ryan would do the more advanced exercise and Whitney would do the modifications. Since this video has three there could be three options for different levels. But if this is what three options looks like this isnt going to last long. 

If they were a smart bunch, they'd have the third person demonstrating variations while seated in a chair.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

If they were a smart bunch, they'd have the third person demonstrating variations while seated in a chair.

As my mother used to say (God rest her blunt, vulgar soul), if a dog had a square ass, he'd shit bricks.

• Love 7
On 1/3/2019 at 10:42 PM, Colleenna said:

As my mother used to say (God rest her blunt, vulgar soul), if a dog had a square ass, he'd shit bricks.

Similar to my grandmother's "If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle."

But why are they being so stupid? Is it that hard to have one person do the exercise full out, one do it at a medium intensity, and one (Whitney, presumably) do it simplified for a beginner? Is it that hard to coordinate the timing so that everyone starts on the same side at the same time? Why is Ryan (at least in the samples) not throwing in form reminders from time to time, or adding things like "if you have any issues with your knees, or low back, modify in this way."

Oh, never mind. I keep forgetting that logic and basic competence are not involved in this stupid enterprise.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Similar to my grandmother's "If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle."

But why are they being so stupid? Is it that hard to have one person do the exercise full out, one do it at a medium intensity, and one (Whitney, presumably) do it simplified for a beginner? Is it that hard to coordinate the timing so that everyone starts on the same side at the same time? Why isn't Ryan (at least in the samples) not throwing in form reminders from time to time, or adding things like "if you have any issues with your knees, or low back, modify in this way."

Oh, never mind. I keep forgetting that logic and basic competence are not involved in this stupid enterprise.

Because he's too involved with admiring himself in the mirrored wall. Haven't you noticed how often he glances in that direction?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

But why are they being so stupid? Is it that hard to have one person do the exercise full out, one do it at a medium intensity, and one (Whitney, presumably) do it simplified for a beginner? Is it that hard to coordinate the timing so that everyone starts on the same side at the same time? Why isn't Ryan (at least in the samples) not throwing in form reminders from time to time, or adding things like "if you have any issues with your knees, or low back, modify in this way."

It's pretty apparent to me that this isn't about really helping her fans. It's about Whiny showing off just how great physical condition she's in, even if she's as heavy as she is.

Which is a real shame, because she really could be inspiration to her fan base to not allow their size to keep them from starting an exercise program. That she can work with fitness experts to create programs for her followers at all levels of physical fitness and mobility so that they can progress as individuals. But this is a half-assed money grab, and I'll be shocked if it lasts longer than six months. 

• Love 7

So there are multiple comments on the nobsactive Instagram page that one of the workouts included duck walks. I want a clip of Whitney doing the duck walk. She can’t put on her own shoes. How can she do a deep enough squat to do a duck walk?

• Love 4

Duck walks? Oh. My. Gerd.  Having fully fit and healthy people do duck walks is, imo, physical training malpractice. Having people with bad knees take it on is probably actionable. Who ever thought this thing up? "Hey, lets take the knees, put the joints into maximum flex, then load them up with full body weight and bounce forward on them, while twisting!" What, exactly, is this supposed to accomplish aside from damaging the tendons, the ligaments and the cartilege?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So there are multiple comments on the nobsactive Instagram page that one of the workouts included duck walks. I want a clip of Whitney doing the duck walk. She can’t put on her own shoes. How can she do a deep enough squat to do a duck walk?

We know that she'll half-ass it, the way she does every other exercise she does. She'll barely bend her knees and just kind of shuffle along, finishing with a huge grin and a "ta dah!" flourish. Because she's in the best shape evah!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

We know that she'll half-ass it, the way she does every other exercise she does. She'll barely bend her knees and just kind of shuffle along, finishing with a huge grin and a "ta dah!" flourish. Because she's in the best shape evah!

In this case that would probably be a good thing since doing them right would set her up for injury. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3
On 12/18/2018 at 3:50 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I know it is going to be exactly like her BGDC, where Todd is the actual teacher and Whitney prances around the room, not doing the dancing, but clapping her hands, cackling and jiggling. 

You nailed it!!  (I LOVE your nom de plume, by the way👍.)

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What’s with the cartoon squeaking???

At a guess - she forgot she had sped up the action when she taped the video, and posted it before she realized she had said something at the end.

• Love 2
On 2019-01-01 at 5:05 PM, alabetser said:

My first thought was that it was some kind of therapist, but based of Whit's limitations I'm guessing it's an assisted living/personal care attendant type of job. Basically what we saw others doing at times, like putting on her shoes, rubbing ointment, shaving, helping her if she falls, etc. "Coach" sounds better than needing a care aid in her early 30s.

OMG if that is true then it is crazy she thinks she is healthy enough to adopt.

I can only read limited comments on her instagram because there is too much defending of it being impossible to lose weight at 400lbs. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

At a guess - she forgot she had sped up the action when she taped the video, and posted it before she realized she had said something at the end.

And you know she quit after the 3 she did in that video! DONE!!! TA DAAAAHHHHHH!

• Love 4
On 12/14/2018 at 6:47 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I don't get it.  What's the point of doing the workouts if you don't want to better yourself?  It can't be good for your body to workout all the time and never watch your diet.  Isn't that putting your body through more stress? 

The point for Twit is to be able to say she is fat and it’s not her fault. She will say “See, I work out every day with a trainer and I’m still a fat mess!”  “I can not help that I’m fat and fabulous!”  She is helping to keep a 3rd rate TV show. Can’t do that if you start loosing weight. 

• Love 2

When the original details were published about how long the workouts were available she said they videos were available for a month. Now I found this response from her in a comment. This isn’t the same thing as available for a month. 

January videos are available all January, February all February, etc. as long as you received a link for that day’s video and it’s still that month, you can view it (but you wouldn’t need to since there are brand new workouts each day)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

When the original details were published about how long the workouts were available she said they videos were available for a month. Now I found this response from her in a comment. This isn’t the same thing as available for a month. 

January videos are available all January, February all February, etc. as long as you received a link for that day’s video and it’s still that month, you can view it (but you wouldn’t need to since there are brand new workouts each day)

I'm confused. How is her comment NOT stating the videos are available the entire month they are produced?

6 hours ago, Dot said:

I'm confused. How is her comment NOT stating the videos are available the entire month they are produced?

My guess : available for a month would mean Jan 31 would be available until Feb 28, but as Whitney's statement reads, the video for January 31 would not be available Feb 1

• Love 4
2 hours ago, connieinnc said:

My guess : available for a month would mean Jan 31 would be available until Feb 28, but as Whitney's statement reads, the video for January 31 would not be available Feb 1

That’s how I was reading this. She specifically says “if it’s that month”. So to me on Jan 31 you have a full month of videos still available but come Feb 1 you have only that day. And if the first of the month is a weekend you don’t have any videos until the next weekday - she says only 5 a week. 

• Love 2