Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Thanks for all the well wishes, end-of-life decisions are a bit of a rough patch to say the least, I am grateful to compassionate medical staff.

There myself right about now, TS.  90 yo mom had a stroke (in the brain stem) this morning.  Sending much love and support your way!

• Love 5

Maybe the barber of bumvile and his beloved would have more money for housing if the stopped spending money on tattoos. Why is it that so often we see litigants who are struggling but they always seem to have money for tattoos?

• Love 3

Ms. Anthrope, well wishes to you and your mom.

I want that soup recipe. Defendant claimed she wanted to stay friends with plaintiff so she could get her hands on it. Plaintiff indicated not a snowbell's chance in hell of that happening. Must be some mighty fine soup.

• Love 4

Stepdick---  Said it before, saying it again - I've never had nor met a well-minded stepfather.  I imagine that they exist somewhere, but none have ever crossed my path.  And shame on that young lady's mother for allowing some schmuck to throw her own child out of the house...for such things as being 5 minutes late and parking in the driveway.  Eff the rides to doctor's appointments that you claim you gave her and for which you expect undying gratitude, Baldy Sour.  That girl's father exercised an amazing level of patience. 

unleashed Pom people won the case.  Today, the leashed Cav lady won, while the unleasto pay about $600 for a vet bill.

I just want to say that my step father is one of the kindest best men I know  he didn't marry my mom until I was an adult, but I love him and think he's just wonderful. 

But the guy in this case was a total Dick, I agree.

• Love 7

In the douchebag step father case the plaintiffs had a tape recorder, I wonder what was in there.

Also, I wonder what was in the pictures that she didn't want incarcerated ex to see them in the arson truck case.

• Love 1

No soup for me!

I missed the soup thing?  what was it?

We had our fair share of indignant dog hoarders this week. We also had one on TPC.  These people believe no dog is in a good home unless it is with them and 17 others.  They will fight tooth and claw to get custody of the poor dogs who are so unfortunate to either be only dogs, or to live with the likes of JJ, or a sane family who knows their pet limits.

Prayers and good wishes Anthrope. . . 

In the Barber of Bumville, the girlfriend looked frigging miserable...and her life's only going to get worse, I guess.  She even said that her pregnancy is no longer "delicious."  Oh well, maybe her giant false eyelashes give her some joy.

Perhaps it was because those fake eyelashes were weighing her eyelids down and it was such...an... effort. . . to keep her eyes open. If she hadn't have been pregnant (and not on JJ), I would have bet the farm she had arrived to court all hot boxed in a 92 Honda - she looked fully baked and I'm not talking about the bun in her oven. 

• Love 5
plaintiffs had a tape recorder, I wonder what was in there.

Litigants should not be able to tease us with props they don't use. I hoped she was going to play the mystery tape during the hallterview, but no luck there either.

Still, the Judge Judy boombox from 1993 cracks me up. Have these people ever heard of recording things on the their cell phones instead of cassette tapes?

My newly teen boy took one look at defendant dog owner's teeth and stated "OK, you were right, I need to brush my teeth more often." I helped promote this by helpfully freezing the TiVo at appropriate moments.

Hey just have him watch Alaskan Bush People.....THAT would make a meth addict brush their teeth!

And the couple that were invited guests and turned into tenants due to the 2 week law.  I don't care what the plaintiff did to them, and I don't think it was much if anything, JJ had it right, they were squatters and taking advantage of the plaintiff.  If you are a guest  in my home and I want you to leave then GET OUT.   I would not expect I have to call the cops to remove you from my home only to have the cops tell me that you are now my tenants and I can't make you leave.  I felt sorry for the plaintiff and wonder why it took 3 months to be fed up with them.  They did not seem like very nice people.

But it would have been nice if JJ had let the Defendant talk more.  You could tell everything out of her mouth was a lie.  And the whole I have proof because I have a bill of sale defense. HAHAHA.  She kept waving it around but had nothing to say when JJ asked her for her proof she actually paid for the truck.

• Love 2

I completely believe that step dad was a controlling asshole. Also why make the girl get a loan instead of buying a perfectly fine used car for 5k.

So he could control her. If she owned it outright he couldn't use it as a tool to punish her. And where was her mother in all of this? Love how the mom's always stick with the spouse and the hell with the kid. 

He wanted "gratitude" For what? DICK!!!

I do love how JJ puts these pompous step "dad"s in their place. You aren't her father.. she owes you nothing.

• Love 5

I love how JJ knocks the boastfulness right ought of people....I'm a single mom/I'm going to school for a dual degree... I DON'T CARE!  Pointless first case based on an ex-girlfriend who can't hang up and wastes energy on being angry at her scrawny neck-tatted ex-boyfriend.  JJ had no time for that stupidity.  GoodBYE!

The second case was between a father who looked like he could have been a creepy cubicle-dweller in Office Space and a rough-faced mom who only had a lower set of teeth. Again with the palpable anger between the exes. The dad tried to do a switcheroo by paying college tuition instead of child support. Mother Underbite was pissed about everything, and the couple admitted that they never communicated about any of these financial dealings.  JJ got bored (as did I), and there were no winners in this case. 

The third case had a jailbird woman and her parents wanting repayment of an attorney's retainer because he'd been administratively suspended.  JJ nabbed the attorney on legal procedures that he didn't follow, and she ordered him to repay the jailbird, who unconvincingly promised to "stay out of trouble and mind her P's and Q's" in the hallterview.

Aw, hell...the plaintiff tells JJ that she's a drug addict. She gave an old high school pal $10K to live in his house, and she and her rotten kids (and her daughter's pissed-off boyfriend) destroyed the house...her 4-year-old was especially cruel to mounted deer head.  The HS pal was punished for his stupidity, and the woman took the money and ran to the nearest dealer.

Another pissed pair of exes, and the woman's current fool stood up and hollered at the end of the case.  Byrd walked over to him but continued to give zero shits because the boyfriend was just a hyped-up nerd.  (That scene seemed familiar to me -- was that a rerun?)

The last case- After the plaintiff's attempt to double-talk, JJ clarifies that it's still not legal to drive without insurance, even if it's just a trip to Taco Bell with your cousin and her driver's license. The car is a thing of the past, though, because her boyfriend's nephew went out at "1 in the evening or 2 in the evening" and got in a bad-looking crash, after which he was "shooken up" and called the "Peelice."

• Love 5

I got two new eps and one repeat.

I'm a single mom/I'm going to school for a dual degree...

I know couples who have done very well  for themselves, yet none of them felt they could afford to have FOUR kids. This sainted single mother, who cannot even support herself, let alone all those kids, thought that was a good idea. Pay your own electric bill as you live in Mommy's house, bitch.

Miss Dimity (sorry can't remember her name),the jailbird? I'd like to tell her that whatever she's doing that results with her ass being thrown in jail, she better stop it. Shockingly, she looks the same age as her mom.

I was thrilled that we finally got a shady lawyer case, but disappointed we didn't get to hear more from him, especially after he informed JJ she couldn't correctly read court papers. More lawyers!

• Love 4

Yeah, attorney was clearly cutting every corner possible - not paying his bar association fees, not bothering to file a notice of appearance before representing the defendant in a criminal case.  I'd like to see more of that.

I thought college tuition dad was believable though.  JJ's point was that he "saved money" by paying a $12,000 per semester bill in lieu of $315 a month in child support?  Use your calculator or ask Byrd, JJ.  Tuition dad's point was that since ex-wife followed through with filing to terminate the child support, that fact supported that there was a verbal discussion and agreement about the tuition.  JJ established there was nothing about college expenses in the divorce decree so they did it verbally at parent's day in the financial aid office.  He wasn't lying that ex-wife was avoiding him at all costs since she admitted she ignored his phone calls and that it was the show that contacted her.  (JJ was trying to nail him on 'how could you not know where she lived since you sued her and had to file papers'.) The facts didn't go JJ's way but she sure got a lot of them out which is why I liked this case.

JJ's final point was that paying tuition in lieu of child support is a wash, but child support (unless agreed to) doesn't extend beyond 18 or high school education at least in my state.  I don't know what she was thinking.

The kid herself seemed to have no have no emotions about being the subject of all of this all because she dropped out of school.  I can't think she's just used to it and is emotionally shutting it out since it's clear the parents aren't in contact anymore.  At first I thought it was great she went to college at age 17 at what sounded like a pretty good school.  But maybe it was to get away from the mom?  Maybe she had to live with mom again after transferring to Ball State and dropped out because education wasn't her goal in the first place.  At 19 she still has time to change her mind. 

Oh, and I hated how JJ confronts people's credibility over how "long" it takes them to sue.  This was a new case and this season has referenced dates in the last few months so these are really fresh so she just quit school in December?   I think it's great dad didn't sue the mom immediately (probably not worth the bother from what I can see)  Well, now the kid is SOOL because she's aged out of child support and I'm pretty sure dad would have kept paying tuition if she'd just stayed in school.  I think that speaks well of him and maybe he was just trying to teach daughter there are consequences to decisions. Oh and she stuck dad with a broken lease too, didn't she?

• Love 5

Miss Dimity (sorry can't remember her name),the jailbird? I'd like to tell her that whatever she's doing that results with her ass being thrown in jail, she better stop it. Shockingly, she looks the same age as her mom.

I missed the start of this case, caught a woman making a statement, and then was floored when I found out she was the daughter! Hard livin' there, folks.

The "I drove to Taco Bell" case was a repeat, but a gem. She sounded like she actually had TWO cars, hence her being able to loan to the cousin/friend/whoevertheheck that was. Cool.  'Specially with no insurance, and a learner's permit.

Nice job on the recap, CoolWhipLite!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 1

I Drove to Taco Bell was a repeat and resulted in a lot of discussion here about people who drive without insurance so I won't go there. I didn't hear she has 2 cars.  It also generated some discussion about people like me who bought her 74 Superbeetle while having a learner's permit only.  I tried to get it insured and they laughed at me when they found out I didn't have my license yet.  Ever heard of comprehensive coverage idiot insurance agent?  Renters insurance won't pay for the car if the house burns down and takes the Bug with it.  And I still needed collision, PD, etc when I was learning to drive with my bestie in the passenger seat.  BTW JJ says people don't discuss insurance but my friend mentioned she didn't want her ins affected by teaching me to drive (stick shift) and I reminded her insurance goes with the car.  I did find someone to insure me btw.  Like the plaintiff, I was happy to finally be able to afford a car and it wasn't like I had someone else's to learn on.  Plaintiff seemed happy with the decision but all she got was what she paid for the car which was less than book value and had to eat the towing and I think there was another fee.  I hate it how JJ dismisses those "little" expenses.

Edited by QuelleC

I love how JJ knocks the boastfulness right ought of people....I'm a single mom/I'm going to school for a dual degree... I DON'T CARE!  Pointless first case based on an ex-girlfriend who can't hang up and wastes energy on being angry at her scrawny neck-tatted ex-boyfriend.  JJ had no time for that stupidity.  GoodBYE!

The second case was between a father who looked like he could have been a creepy cubicle-dweller in Office Space and a rough-faced mom who only had a lower set of teeth. Again with the palpable anger between the exes. The dad tried to do a switcheroo by paying college tuition instead of child support. Mother Underbite was pissed about everything, and the couple admitted that they never communicated about any of these financial dealings.  JJ got bored (as did I), and there were no winners in this case. 

The third case had a jailbird woman and her parents wanting repayment of an attorney's retainer because he'd been administratively suspended.  JJ nabbed the attorney on legal procedures that he didn't follow, and she ordered him to repay the jailbird, who unconvincingly promised to "stay out of trouble and mind her P's and Q's" in the hallterview.

...Thanks for the recap, of course when the station goes out it's always during the one show I watch!  Missed the end of the first case, entire second case and the beginning to the third.

• Love 1

You know, I'm glad you said this, because it reminded me of that mean ass British lady from The Weakest Link, with her damn impolite ass. JJ is kind of like her these days, isn't she? Just curt and shit.

I wish I would've been on that show back in the day. I wish she would've gotten smart with me and then told me "you are the weakest link, GOODBYE!" I'd have walked right up to her and said, "no, you're the weakest link! What's really hood, bitch?! Holler at me again!" I know I'm too ratchet to go on TV that's why I don't...

• Love 2

The shady lawyer was so insistent that it didn't matter if he was procedurally suspended because when he paid his dues his membership would be reinstated back to the time with no gaps in his license.

To him that equalled he was a licensed lawyer the whole time.  He didn't explain how he could then go back in time to the 15th and represent her in court when he would not have been allowed to on the very day. 

Brain hurting yet?  Me too.

• Love 6

Maybe the barber of bumvile and his beloved would have more money for housing if the stopped spending money on tattoos. Why is it that so often we see litigants who are struggling but they always seem to have money for tattoos?

Maybe those are DIY tats?

I missed the start of this case, caught a woman making a statement, and then was floored when I found out she was the daughter! Hard livin' there, folks.

That floored me too. The mom and daughter looked the same age. Shame on me, but the daughter's clothes, hair and makeup gave me the impression that she was in jail for solicitation.

The second episode was a repeat.  Here is the recap for the first one.

Sexting Wolverine - Druken BBQ leads to long-suffering baby momma discovering her wolverine deadbeat boyfriend was sexting other "females," and wolverine suing his aunt for vandalizing his car.  Sounds dull?  Indeed... but wait for the shocking twist of who probably did it (hint: the litigant that made a goldfish face when JJ busted her), worth a good 3 gavels!

Black Bra - I didn't know if I should call this case "Black Bra" or "Transparent Sweater."  It's a routine young room mates case with a variety of mesmerizing angles on the very visible undergarment.  One B-cup gavel.

• Love 1

The second episode was a repeat.  Here is the recap for the first one.

Sexting Wolverine - Druken BBQ leads to long-suffering baby momma discovering her wolverine deadbeat boyfriend was sexting other "females," and wolverine suing his aunt for vandalizing his car.  Sounds dull?  Indeed... but wait for the shocking twist of who probably did it (hint: the litigant that made a goldfish face when JJ busted her), worth a good 3 gavels!

Black Bra - I didn't know if I should call this case "Black Bra" or "Transparent Sweater."  It's a routine young room mates case with a variety of mesmerizing angles on the very visible undergarment.  One B-cup gavel.

So BM suing BD and BD suing his Auntie?  Or is it BD suing Auntie only?

Sexting Wolverine

Not him again. The useless, runty Wolverine who lives with his Mommy? That boy must have something special if he's able to cheat on his baby momma, who looks exactly like the Airport Lady from Total Recall.

WUBDRA7.jpg

Model parents those two misfits are, I'm sure.

• Love 1

Black Bra - I didn't know if I should call this case "Black Bra" or "Transparent Sweater."  It's a routine young room mates case with a variety of mesmerizing angles on the very visible undergarment.

Now see, y'all thought I was crazy when I suggested a fashion thread!! Ha! will wait to see if this gal even comes close to the matching hair and lingerie lady a few months back.

Glad to see you back, TS!

• Love 1

Sexting Wolverine:

Point one: If my boyfriend EVER playfully tapped the bottle that I was drinking from, I would cheerfully CLOCK him upside his 'prankster' head!

Point two:  I prefer being addressed as Women, or Ladies, or even Girls.  NEVER FUCKING EVER are we Females!  That is reserved for Poodles or Appaloosas or kittens or puppies, NEVER HUMAN BEINGS!

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Man, JJ was hateful in the fish tank case.  I didn't understand her hostility to the fish owner and his girlfriend, they were in an untenable situation, both of them, the guy had an emergency job he had to get to, there was nobody available until his girlfriend got home, what did JJ think he was supposed to do?  "Call in ten minutes late."  Did she not hear him say he was on an emergency storm repair call?

And the animal murderer gets compensated.

• Love 5

Yeah, that's an old episode but JJ sucked on that one. If the man was so irrational that he would flush living fish down the toilet, with no remorse, what makes you think he wasn't blowing the situation as a whole out of proportion?

• Love 2
I never understand why all of these people who "just changed phones" don't save their messages up to the cloud.

I'm guessing because most of 'em don't really exist.

Yep, that's right up there with "Oh, I had insurance, but it lapsed two minutes before the accident."

• Love 3

I never understand why all of these people who "just changed phones" don't save their messages up to the cloud.

These people live in Judge Judy Land. They have cell phones through their cousin's hairdresser's dog walker's baby daddy so bills don't get paid and phones get shut off. People switch providers at a head spinning rate because they can get a new free phone (so they can turn around and sue for the "price of the phone" which in many cases they get for free with their contract). I'm guessing most of them don't have any idea about "the cloud" except for the cloud that exits their vehicle after their latest hotbox ride. 

Or like AngelaHunter said. . . they don't exist. 

• Love 6

These people live in Judge Judy Land.

Ah, Judge Judy Land, where answers to even the most simple questions become minefields of ambiguity.

"Were you living there?"

"Yes...no...well, not really. Sometimes."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

Rick Kitchen

Yest. 6:08 pm

Of course, in my case, I never keep any messages, I just delete them after I've read them.

I did customer service for phones and internet for years.  What normally happens is people call to activate their phone THEN want to save their old messages and contacts.  And they've never heard of the cloud.  They've forgotten their apple password or never used the contacts app.  They don't know how to plug in their phone to google and sync it over, etc.

About phone numbers, there are two types.  Some want to hold onto their number until the day they die.  Others call in to constantly change them to avoid whomever and then expect to do it for free every month because someone is "harassing" them.  Probably bill collectors.

• Love 3

Rick Kitchen

Yest. 6:58 pm

Man, JJ was hateful in the fish tank case.  I didn't understand her hostility to the fish owner and his girlfriend, they were in an untenable situation, both of them, the guy had an emergency job he had to get to, there was nobody available until his girlfriend got home, what did JJ think he was supposed to do?  "Call in ten minutes late."  Did she not hear him say he was on an emergency storm repair call?

And the animal murderer gets compensated.

I remember discussing this the first time it aired.  We got into issues like JJ thinking just anybody can call in and say I'll be late and it would be ok.  Yeah, right.

I actually think JJ had a turnaround when she learned of the cruel treatment of the fish.  Initially she wasn't going to award the value of his pets, which is what they were.  Thanks, JJ.  It sounds like she's owned tanks in the past.  The thing is, tank owner only needed a little tube of aquarium rubber cement because it sounds like the leak was in the glass joint.  Or drain it while you're in the shower.  It was only a 25 gallon tank dad said..  Dim bulb girlfriend (thanks, JJ!) should have done either but she went to party with dad instead. Didn't she say he put tape on it so it wouldn't spray? Still, she can't be held legally accountable.  When it's all said and done the floor got moldy under the carpet and it's the tank owner's responsibility as much as I hate awarding Pescicidal Drunk Dad anything at all. 

ETA:  Rick Kitchen I'm not trolling you, I just realised I've replied to two of your comments.  I just know and like your work on the Days forum.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

We got into issues like JJ thinking just anybody can call in and say I'll be late and it would be ok.  Yeah, right.

I remember that and he wouldn't have been late at all. The leak was near the top of the tank, IIRC, and to drain the water to just below it would take a grand total of 15 - 20 seconds. Apparently that concept was too difficult for the combined brain(less) power of two adults to grasp.

Fish killer was a POS to treat living creatures like trash.

• Love 3

He was an asshole jerk who probably has issues with everyone

Sometimes I'm really glad I don't get any weekend JJ. This way, my blood pressure has a chance to lower itself before Monday and the next clutch of insufferable idiots.

• Love 1

The girlfriend in the leaky fish tank case just frustrated me all to heck because she couldn't seem to form even one coherent sentence! It was always a mish-mash of "well, it was like, y'know in the afternoon, like around 6 o'clock, y'know" accompanied by a variety of hand gestures intended to further explain what on earth she was talking about. Was it afternoon or evening when she went to the father's house? Did she chat with him and his lady friend in the kitchen or outside at the picnic table over a beer? Oy!! 

• Love 1