Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

We'll never know what she was thinking but deceased sister had some nerve naming her brother the Trustee but bequeathing everything to that shady cousin. 

Agatha Christie stories should never be used as examples when writing a will.

• Love 6

Can someone tell me what happened in the case of the 19-year old single mom of a three-year old, suing her former landlords. She's collecting welfare and having her apt paid for, so she could smuggle her boyfriend  and he could live for free, well - free for those two -  but not for the taxpayers? She wanted a new lease only in her name so no one would know b/f was squatting there too. She has an asthmatic child yet she and b/f toke up on weed all the time.  All parties were quite unpleasant.  I didn't get the end of this since the news people seem to deliberately choose only new episodes and only JJ to butt in on constantly.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Can someone tell me what happened in the case of the 19-year old single mom of a three-year old, suing her former landlords. She's collecting welfare and having her apt paid for, so she could smuggle her boyfriend  and he could live for free, well - free for those two -  but not for the taxpayers? She wanted a new lease only in her name so no one would know b/f was squatting there too. She has an asthmatic child yet she and b/f toke up on weed all the time.  All parties were quite unpleasant.  I didn't get the end of this since the news people seem to deliberately choose only new episodes and only JJ to butt in on constantly.

JJ didn't like her A BIT.  I think she found in favor of the def.

• Love 3

OH, thanks Brattinella. I didn't like her one bit either. She was even worse than defs.

Finally saw the alleged dick pic case. Wow. If they were indeed dick pics - could have been something worse -  they were probably very small ones, considering that the nasty, wee little bitch, Mr. Reid, probably doesn't have much to show off which is no doubt part of his passive-aggressive, bitchy persona. And he's a 30 year old man(!), with (of course) major Douchebag Hair who sent disgusting pics to a 10 year old girl? I"d bet Byrd would have happily pummeled him into the floor.  Haven't seen JJ show this much righteous anger in awhile. I just have to hope and think that the caliber of males aged 19 - 35 or so that are so prevalent on this show is not representative of the general population because they are mostly, with few exceptions, all repulsive,  ridiculous, silly little twats in the extreme. His co-defendant was merely a misfit doofus. I'm really glad Mr. Reid got to display his douche-baggery and idiocy in front of 10 million people and did so all for nothing.

OH, I forgot about the platinum blond author. It was kind of shocking how pathetically happy JJ was to have litigants before her who could speak properly and with no mention of fistfights, old beater cars vandalized, stupid drunken yahoos, harassing "texes," teenaged welfare mothers with "one on the way,"  or being punched in the stomach. I understood JJ's joy. I felt it too.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, kacesq said:

Was the one with th pregnant girl who was annoyed her boyfriend of a nanosecond was talking to "some females"? Her mom came dressed in her best top that showed off her bra clasp. Classy.

Just caught this one today. (I'm having to DVR them now, because Mr. Toes tries to actually make legal sense of this show, and it really kills the fun.)  Anyway.  The thing that amazed me most that this crew met, had an "altercation," filed a law suit, and MADE IT TO THE SHOW in less than 30 days.  Dayum!  And sweetie pie going to her "academy" - I'm betting the type someone has to pay for and all you have to do is show up (but here, that's iffy!) and you get a diploma. We had a judge-judy-type-relative go through that process.  (You know, my step-brother's mother's brother's cousin's best friend kind of relative.) GED for attendance!  Woo hoo!  "Doing my normal day:  I take a shower, and then, um, you know."  Good that she's at least clean on a regular basis.

What is with young people? Is it the new culture to meet, 10 minutes later be "in love," make a baby and break up 10 minutes later?  Is there no way to prevent pregnancy?  Any where?  Gosh, it must cost thousands and thousands of dollars to prevent!  If this show/episode isn't a call for more sex ed in schools, I don't know what else could be.  Not to mention the disease potential.

Loved, loved, loved the set up in the platinum author's case!  "Don't you love how I set that up?"  Hee!  Yes.  Yes we do!

One of the eps had a description featuring a Harlequin Great Dane.  Did I miss that?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Loved, loved, loved the set up in the platinum author's case!  "Don't you love how I set that up?"  Hee!  Yes.  Yes we do!

That right there is how you go on the JJ show smart.  You present yourself as intelligent, respectful, beautifully dressed and groomed.  You have a solid case, which you go on to win. And . . . you flash your book cover to 10 million people, for a very excellent chunk of free publicity.  Which JJ kicks up a few thousand notches by asking to keep her copy, possibly because given the way you look and speak and behave, she thinks you might have something worthwhile to say on the subject.  It can be about more than the cash award and the free hotel room.  Watch and learn, the rest of you troglodytes.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

That right there is how you go on the JJ show smart. You present yourself as intelligent, respectful, beautifully dressed and groomed. 

Hahahha! Oh, sorry - are you serious? You think people who show up dressed like Nefertiti or with exposed, droopy breasts covered with vulgar tats, a face full of piercings, wearing flip flops/shorts,  a "Beer is Fun" t-shirt  and start their testimony with, "Me and her had went" will ever know any better? Troglodytes, indeed.

But yeah - seeing JJ, who despises "Show and Tell" asking if the book was for her, was awesome. Loved how the plaintiff beamed with pleasure and pride at that. I hope the exposure here helps her book do well.

I wonder if the producers might think, "Gee, maybe it's not such a horrible idea to have litigants who are  "intelligent, respectful, beautifully dressed and groomed" now and then." Or, at the very least, not always mouth-breathing cretins.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wonder if the producers might think, "Gee, maybe it's not such a horrible idea to have litigants who are  "intelligent, respectful, beautifully dressed and groomed" now and then." Or, at the very least, not always mouth-breathing cretins.

The challenge, of course, being whether or not such gems would actually consent to appear on the show. But it was a refreshing change! (and I LOVED her outfit!  Gorgeous.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

That right there is how you go on the JJ show smart.  You present yourself as intelligent, respectful, beautifully dressed and groomed.  You have a solid case, which you go on to win. And . . . you flash your book cover to 10 million people, for a very excellent chunk of free publicity.  Which JJ kicks up a few thousand notches by asking to keep her copy, possibly because given the way you look and speak and behave, she thinks you might have something worthwhile to say on the subject.  It can be about more than the cash award and the free hotel room.  Watch and learn, the rest of you troglodytes.

I almost expected Judge Judy to invite that lady to stay for sushi.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Yabbut, Dr. Phil would have given every seat-warmer in the faux court a copy.

There's a Reddit forum dedicated to men posting selfies in which they display their genitals in every conceivable presentation and maybe even standing on their heads. 

Which reminded me of the ancient movie, The Groove Tube, which included a parody of a venereal disease PSA... narrated by an upside down penis dressed up in a flannel shirt.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I hope you've got storage space for the internet, @bad things are bad. I thought I was the only one who'd heard of The Groove Tube.

Me, too! I remember that movie causing a huge sensation when it came out -- but I was way, way, way too young to see it. I saw it much later in life and it ... didn't live up to my expectations. :( 

Today's case of the Greasy Wig Wearing Mom really chapped my ass. First -- THE GREASY WIG! So distracting. And fix your damn, eyebrows, woman. Then -- the whole rest of the mess of that case which reminded me, yet again, why I am so grateful to have never had kids. What was Greasy-wigged Michelle Miller thinking to spend that kind of money on a, what? Eight-year old's birthday? And then dragging people in who looked like they couldn't afford it either. And they only paid for a one-way limo ride?! Why not just save the $300 and have someone drop them off and pick them up? That woman was absolutely deplorable if only because she primed the Defendant's kids for this concert before even asking the Defendant. Why not just surprise her own daughter on her birthday by saying they were going out for dinner and then driving her to the concert and surprising her? 

Whatever. Again, I'm glad I don't have kids. And I'm even more glad I don't have kids with shitty taste in music. 

I did spy America's Next Top Angelina Jolie in the audience along with the angry, arms-crossed gal behind Greasy Michelle Miller. I remember her from the Amy Schumer episode.  

At first I thought all JJ's elaboration of CPS calls was regarding the young woman standing on the plaintiff side - she look like a teenager, though defendant looked fairly young too. Then it becomes obvious she's the mom. OK, so these are very small children? No. The oldest is 10. JJ brings a righteous family court judge smackdown on them.

Grandma is all "the facts of the case are wrong" and "my daughter wasn't on drugs, I wouldn't allow that in my house" (Oh, the JJ side-eye at that) And in the halterview "I shouldn't be raising small children!" Well, your ex-SIL seemed to be doing just fine with them when he had primary (sole?) custody for 4 years or so, while your daughter had CPS called almost as soon as she'd gotten custody. Maybe you should stop helping her lie about her ex?

• Love 5

Okay, that's it. Real Life will  have to wait. Must go watch Greasy Wig Mom right now.

36 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

And in the halterview "I shouldn't be raising small children!"

When was the last time we saw anyone here who should be allowed access of any kind to small children, or even the least expensive tropical fish, like guppies?

• Love 6
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, that's it. Real Life will  have to wait. Must go watch Greasy Wig Mom right now.

When was the last time we saw anyone here who should be allowed access of any kind to small children, or even the least expensive tropical fish, like guppies?

Def seemed to have everything going well from 2011 to shortly before this was filmed, when ex decided that the one thing that would make her druggy life complete would be to look after two young boys. I am inclined to believe that his CPS troubles are entirely due to her slinging false accusations. JJ told him to get a lawyer and go back to family court, so she seems to give him the benefit of the doubt too.

• Love 4

A few days late, the case of the Min-Pin 'Abby' attacking the white dog 'Felix'. The magenta-haired owner of the Min-Pin denied it was her dog, but some mystery dog who must have appeared (clearly it was her dog). What I don't get, is how any Min-Pin could possibly be 100lbs??? And this dog is also a 'service dog'? Uh-huh.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Def seemed to have everything going well from 2011 to shortly before this was filmed, when ex decided that the one thing that would make her druggy life complete would be to look after two young boys. I am inclined to believe that his CPS troubles are entirely due to her slinging false accusations. JJ told him to get a lawyer and go back to family court, so she seems to give him the benefit of the doubt too.

I think the plaintiff getting married to the guy who came to court with her is what changed her situation, or at least changed it enough for the family court judge to award her with custody, because the kids' dad is still single and "just" living with his girlfriend. Because she and the new guy have a kid of their own that they've also lost custody of, so clearly someone in the system in Connecticut has one if not both thumbs in a nether orifice.

• Love 3

I think the plaintiff getting married to the guy who came to court with her is what changed her situation, or at least changed it enough for the family court judge to award her with custody, because the kids' dad is still single and "just" living with his girlfriend.

This case just made me so angry I wish I hadn't watched it. All these freakin' losers spewing out babies, doing drugs and then getting rid of the kids when they get big and are - for some strange reason - acting out  Hey, the grownups have lives to live and new babies to coo over (yeah right!). Can't have those big ol' troublesome ones getting in the way of the boyfriends/girlfriends/fun druggy times!  All of them, including little schmoopy dad, made me sick.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

This case just made me so angry I wish I hadn't watched it. All these freakin' losers spewing out babies, doing drugs and then getting rid of the kids when they get big and are - for some strange reason - acting out  Hey, the grownups have lives to live and new babies to coo over (yeah right!). Can't have those big ol' troublesome ones getting in the way of the boyfriends/girlfriends/fun druggy times!  All of them, including little schmoopy dad, made me sick.

I wonder if mommy was telling the truth when she answered that the new baby was born drug free. Glad JJ asked the question, because I was wondering the same thing. ? Yet again, the old Family Court judge was just aching to jump in, but had to sit back and be satisfied with urging dad to get a lawyer and go back to the Conn court to fight granny and the drugged couple. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I can't believe that Greasy Wig mom won the case! She ramrodded her plans onto the other mom and then TOOK OFF.  That whole case had me yelling at my tv.

One thing I didn't get, why did they pay 300 bucks for a drop off only and how did they intend to get home? Greasy said she was waiting outside for her husband to pick her up when the manager got her a visit backstage, but the other mother said they knew the birthday girl was going backstage during the show. Greasy then said she told the other mom she didn't need a ride home anymore.

and like others have said, the hostess picks up the tab for all or takes her kid on a mommy daughter date to the concert. Two mean moms picking on a less financially well off third. Nice example for the children.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

My granddaughter will be eight next week. Just the thought of us hiring a limo for her makes me snort laugh.  

Right? I don't rent  limo for me, much less for my 9 yr old!  And one-way only....lame! Don't get one then, if you can't afford it. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Because she and the new guy have a kid of their own that they've also lost custody of,

Don't worry, they'll just make more. 

There was another episode today that featured a portly, 20-year old bunny boiler by the name of Marli Massara and her stupid enabling father suing her ex boyfriend for things like "shelving," a "damaged grill," and "articles of clothing." This case is rightfully mocked by JJ and she moves on to the boyfriend's case describing the dejected pig's attempt to get him fired by calling his employer and claiming he had all kinds of pending theft charges against him. The evidence he brings clearly shows it was from her phone number the complaint call was dialed. She denies making the call...then her FATHER claims it wasn't her either and blames someone else who "spoofed" her phone number.  I swear to god the two of them actually believed what they were saying. Not because they knew it didn't happen but because they believed it was preferable to be delusional rather than wrong. 

The defendant was super cute and had nice skin. My gaydar was pinging like crazy though. 

I must say, though, that the woman who was suing her former friend for bail money she loaned her was lovely, at least physically. I never say things like this, but the shimmery purple hair really suited her.

Yep, I was thinking that when my hair goes gray, I might want to try that.

• Love 3

Don't worry, they'll just make more. 

Don't worry, they have. There  is a 4th child. Can't figure out where he/she fits in the family order, since there was no mention of this child in court and she didn't appear to be pregnant.

• Love 3

"The facts of the case are wrong" is one of the all-time great quotes.

Messy litigants from Connecticut lately.  Remember the girl suing her yellow-haired, saggy-breasted, pink-attired mother and ex-con father a couple of months ago over utility bills?

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, califred said:

That Mom was really horrible.  It was obvious the other mom could barely afford concert tickets and then rent s limo only one way and assume she can help pay for it???  Ugh.

Agreed... another stellar mommy moment, bringing the little girl as a witness.

Really, left alone, the kids would have probably have gone back to being best friends, but not with these "ADULTS(?)" I can just see defendant mommy throwing a fit in front of her daughters, the kids picking up on what she says, and them repeating it to their new ex-best friend to the point of bullying - why not? That's what these mommys do to each other.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Jamoche said:

Yep, I was thinking that when my hair goes gray, I might want to try that.

My hair is white in the front, a little darker in the back.  I've been known to do a bit of pink highlighting, and have gotten lots of compliments.  The joy of being 70 is I don't care what other people think any more.  If I like it, that's enough for me!!!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My hair is white in the front, a little darker in the back.  I've been known to do a bit of pink highlighting, and have gotten lots of compliments.  The joy of being 70 is I don't care what other people think any more.  If I like it, that's enough for me!!!

OH, Mr. AZChristian better watch out! A titty tat will be next!

19 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Me, too! I remember that movie causing a huge sensation when it came out -- but I was way, way, way too young to see it. I saw it much later in life and it ... didn't live up to my expectations. :( 

Today's case of the Greasy Wig Wearing Mom really chapped my ass. First -- THE GREASY WIG! So distracting. And fix your damn, eyebrows, woman. Then -- the whole rest of the mess of that case which reminded me, yet again, why I am so grateful to have never had kids. What was Greasy-wigged Michelle Miller thinking to spend that kind of money on a, what? Eight-year old's birthday? And then dragging people in who looked like they couldn't afford it either. And they only paid for a one-way limo ride?! Why not just save the $300 and have someone drop them off and pick them up? That woman was absolutely deplorable if only because she primed the Defendant's kids for this concert before even asking the Defendant. Why not just surprise her own daughter on her birthday by saying they were going out for dinner and then driving her to the concert and surprising her? 

Whatever. Again, I'm glad I don't have kids. And I'm even more glad I don't have kids with shitty taste in music. 

I did spy America's Next Top Angelina Jolie in the audience along with the angry, arms-crossed gal behind Greasy Michelle Miller. I remember her from the Amy Schumer episode.  

The defendant's kids will be much better off.  I had a friend who had a mom like that when I was younger.  It was all about her kid.  You were welcome to come along for the "ride", if she invited you, but everything came with strings attached.  I asked my mom to not have to deal with them anymore (my mom and her mom were friends) when I would get invited to their house, only to arrive in time to see my "friend" leave because she got a better offer to go hang out with someone else.  After a few times, my mom said to her mom that if the situation were reversed, then my mom would tell me to stay home because I invited someone over.  Her mom responded that it wasn't her fault that her daughter was more popular than me, and ran with a better class of friends, and she wasn't going to force her daughter's friends to have to "put up" with me because I wasn't invited.  I also found out that the mom was blabbing things my mom told in confidence all over the place, and the daughter was listening in, and twisted my mom's words around, and then blabbed lies at school about me.  I could absolutely see her doing the same thing, and trying to get her daughter backstage (did anyone else get skeeved out by how the mom said that happened?), and then rubbing it in everyone else's faces.  I cringed when I heard about how the mom griped at the one friend about "we don't like complainers".  I could hear my friend's mom saying that in my head.  When we got to middle school, her mom started having 2 birthday parties - one for the kids, and one for family.  I got invited to the one for family, not knowing there was a 2nd party.  I heard other kids talking about it, and I said "See you there!".  I didn't understand when I got there on Sunday and it was just her family.  Monday morning, I found out soon enough when the other kids jumped all over me about how I lied about being invited, and when they asked my supposed friend, she said I lied, and that I wasn't invited, and her mom said nothing.  It will suck in the interim, but like I said, the defendant's kids will be better off in the long run.  You don't need friends like that.  

• Love 15

The rerun case this morning where the mother was suing her 18 year old son and his girlfriend just skeeved me out.  In the hallterview, the mother even said, "I wish he would leave her and come back to me," like he was a boyfriend and not a son.  Not to mention that he doesn't know where she lives because she's being stalked by somebody at work and keeps her whereabouts a secret?  That whole case was just ... off.

• Love 3

God, Wig Mom (and her similar pile-of-nylon-doll-hair Wig Witness) enraged me. I grew up po', but with a mom who was very susceptible to exactly this kind of mean-girl appearances bullshit, to the point that she'd try to head it off by telling me outright "I wanted to do  ____ for your birthday, but it was too expensive." I suppose she was trying to impart that it's the thought that counts, but...thanks? Anyway. Once, the birthday I didn't get actually included renting a limo, so this case pushed a lot of my buttons. Those harridans would be well-served to spend less on their third-graders' whims and more on hair that doesn't come from the Halloween dollar store. 

(Seriously, what was up with those wigs? I was honestly wondering if they were some weird offshoot of Orthodox Jews, for a second.)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Agreed... another stellar mommy moment, bringing the little girl as a witness.

Really, left alone, the kids would have probably have gone back to being best friends, but not with these "ADULTS(?)" I can just see defendant mommy throwing a fit in front of her daughters, the kids picking up on what she says, and them repeating it to their new ex-best friend to the point of bullying - why not? That's what these mommys do to each other.

And that's how it becomes a cycle, because most shitty behavior is not only learned, it gets learned at hone.  My guess is that the plaintiff learned to be an asshole from her parents, and she's now graciously* passing it on to her kids, because why should their generation miss out.

*All the sarcasm in the world

• Love 5

Best quote from the 4:00 claws versus paws case: "I was a government official for 15 years, I don't tell lies!" Sure. No one in the government has ever not told the truth. No way!

The woman on the 4:30 case ticked off all the JJ no-nos.

Unemployed? Check! Aimless Boyfriend? Check! Mistreatment of a pet? Check!

Though she did say that she gets paid for "interviews," I can think of only one industry where someone gets paid for an "interview." 

Edited by popcornchicken
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, pagooey said:

Those harridans would be well-served to spend less on their third-graders' whims and more on hair that doesn't come from the Halloween dollar store. 

(Seriously, what was up with those wigs? I was honestly wondering if they were some weird offshoot of Orthodox Jews, for a second.)

Frankly, I was thinking more along the lines of a government witness protection program.

2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I could absolutely see her doing the same thing, and trying to get her daughter backstage (did anyone else get skeeved out by how the mom said that happened?), and then rubbing it in everyone else's faces. 

You bet I was skeeved! My first thought was: that scenario totally didn't happen the way she claimed it did. My second thought was that she gave a beej to the guy to get her kid backstage. And my last thought of what happened when she got the kid backstage troubles me even more. 

I'm sorry you went through that as a kid, @funky-rat. Bitchy, evil mothers have toxic effects on everyone in their orbit. 

20 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I really wish JJ would stop calling the defendant in the rent case Mr. Bates.

Then you really wouldn't have liked it when in Downton Abbey, the Bates' baby was called Master Bates. Really!

• Love 3