Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

I can see Bin and Jinger together because they had chemistry.

Let's not forget how closed off Jessa kept herself when they were courting. The only reason she said yes was so she could escape Duggar Mountain and not be a forever spinster like Sarah Maley.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree that Ben and Jinger seem the most likely pair, but it just seems so far fetched when she was raised to believe that holding hands and kissing as being "too far" for unmarried people.

I think a son and daughter-in-law is more likely -- a hopelessly horny son (like JD, Joseph, or Josiah) comforting Anna.

Now that you mention it, that does rather seem a more likely scenario. Ben and Jinger may have the hots for each other, who knows, but even if they do, Ben has other avenues to righteously fulfill his desires, and Jinger doesn't have the experience under her belt (so to speak) that acting on that sort of impulse would be anything like second nature. And without that, it's very difficult to imagine her giving in to it.

Anna, on the other hand, is probably missing sex about now (yeah, I know...pass the brain bleach), and if caught up in a moment of much-needed comfort, even a brief side-hug could make her instinctively respond in a way that an (as you say) hopelessly horny son might be powerless to resist,

The Ben/Jinger pairing is less creepy to imagine, though...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3

I can see Bin and Jinger together because they had chemistry.

Let's not forget how closed off Jessa kept herself when they were courting. The only reason she said yes was so she could escape Duggar Mountain and not be a forever spinster like Sarah Maley.

And I was so sure you were going to say, "forever spinster like Jana".

Unless Jana is pregnant with Derrick's child, of course.

These people sometimes make me sad.

(edited)

Could be the Bates also.

I highly doubt this story is accurate. The Duggar compound is under constant supervision.

No quiet place for some hey, hey, hey.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 7
(edited)

Could be the Bates also.I highly doubt this story is accurate. The Duggar compound is under constant supervision.No quiet place for some hey, hey, hey.

What if Jinger was sent to watch Bam Bam and Jessa went to a doctor's appointment and left Bin and Jinger ALONE. *Gasp*

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

It would have to be Bin and Jinger. For one thing, who the hell would want to sleep with Derick? Bin is dopey, but cute and athletic. Jana is too church mousey, and I don't think either son in law would hit on a barely legal JoyAnna.

I doubt the story is true, but if I were a betting woman, I'd put my money on those two.

• Love 2

January 9, 2016

This religious family who loves cable and babies is about to take a big hit because a son-in-law had sex several times with his sister-in-law during the holiday season. A tabloid knows. The family is trying to make a deal.

The Duggars

"a son-in-law"= It has to be Ben or Derrick. Which one?

"his sister-in-law"= Jinger, Joy or Jana. Which one?

I agree, the way the item is worded it must be referring to either Bin or Derrick, not a Duggar boy. Did the Dullards come home for the holidays? Not that I can imagine anyone wanting to sex up Derrick the way he is looking right now, so I'm going with Bin. Could be that Jessa wasn't able to make herself joyfully available for quite some time after that disaster of a birth and maybe Bin could be enough of a douchebag to use that as an excuse to stray.

"Sister-in-law" is more ambiguous because it says "his" sister-in-law, which could be one of the Duggar sisters or it could be Anna. Am I forgetting someone? Jinger and Bin did have chemistry on the show and there could be some resentment against Jessa brewing on Jinger's part and maybe on Bin's as well if marriage to Blessa didn't turn out to be the fairy tale ending he imagined. I do find it a little hard to imagine Jinger going from total virgin in every way to banging her sister's/best friend's husband though.

On the other hand, Anna's feeling betrayed by her own husband, there has never seemed to be much love between her and Jessa and as other's have pointed out, she's got the experience and is probably missing sex after months of abstinence.

Joy Anna can be left out of the equation completely I think, she's still a kid. Legal yes, but mentally and emotionally she still comes across as really young.

Jana is a possibility but unless she's been playing a long con and fooling everyone into believing her meek little mouse persona while really being a scheming vixen with the morals of an alley cat, I have a hard time seeing it.

Heh, I should start writing for the tabloids - spinning whole tales out of mostly nothing is easy peasy.

• Love 5

Ben and Anna? Maybe even after the 40 days Jessa wasn't feeling up to sex and actually turned him down (I wouldn't blame her, I wanted nothing to do with sex for awhile after my first child).

Could Anna have had sex with Josh at her Jesus jail visit? If she's pregnant, will we get a Who's the Daddy storyline? That would make it worth the show coming back!

• Love 2

And the scurrilous gossip columnist at Crazy Days and Nights has a little "blind item reveal" for all today. Note the identities of those involved are carefully concealed. Do you wonder why?

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/03/blind-items-revealed-8-100.html

January 9, 2016

This religious family who loves cable and babies is about to take a big hit because a son-in-law had sex several times with his sister-in-law during the holiday season. A tabloid knows. The family is trying to make a deal.

The Duggars

Could be the Bates also.

I highly doubt this story is accurate. The Duggar compound is under constant supervision.

No quiet place for some hey, hey, hey.

What if Jinger was sent to watch Bam Bam and Jessa went to a doctor's appointment and left Bin and Jinger ALONE. *Gasp*

For the sake of drama, I'd love this to be true! I don't think it is, though. It doesn't quite ring true to me, in the same way that the Josiah demanding phone sex from Marjorie doesn't ring true. But hey, a year ago I would have said the same thing about Josh, so who knows? It would be SUPER risky for any of the unmarried daughters to attempt, and in their world, losing your virginity to your own brother-in-law just seems far-fetched. Given how hurt Anna was at Josh's infidelity, her straying also seems unlikely, unless it was one of those "Well, he did this to me, so now I get to do it as payback!) moments.

Bin and Jinger alone... that brings up an interesting point. Do they have any rules against married people being alone with someone else? In the fundy world I grew up in, my parents were pretty big on that kind of thing.

• Love 2

I'm doubting it's true. The article is over a month old. Wouldn't someone have figured this out by now?

The names were just revealed recently.

Perhaps Jana's 'suprise' from the trailers is a "virgin" birth. That's the only thing that'll top Michelle.

• Love 1

The names were just revealed recently.

Perhaps Jana's 'suprise' from the trailers is a "virgin" birth. That's the only thing that'll top Michelle.

OOOh! I missed that. What names were revealed?

• Love 1

I agree that it's all probably bullshit, but I wish it were true. Anna was well-conditioned to be a selfless Gothardite wife. It would be child's play for Jim Bob and Michelle to convince her that Josh's adultery was all her fault and that she needed to be completely submissive and forgiving. I'd love to hear them try that routine on Jessa Blessa. Her Christianity is all based on believing that she's better than everybody: "My shit doesn't stink and the sun doesn't rise till I get out of bed in the morning, because Jesus!". She wouldn't be having any of that "I wasn't joyfully available enough" crap; she'd be wreaking blood-soaked vengeance  on Bin and the sister in question.

• Love 3

I don't really put any stock into the idea that even if there is anything behind this, there was any actual sex involved. If there had been, and Jim Bob had any idea that anyone had caught wind of it, I don't think, even as much as he's willing to do anything to keep that gravy train rolling, that he'd risk that coming out on his show.

If anything, I would agree that an attraction between Jinger and Ben might possibly ​be apparent in moments to someone attuned to be looking for it. A lingering side-hug, maybe. or something equally racy.

• Love 2

I hate to admit this but I'd watch a "who's the miracle baby's daddy?" story line. Also a shocking baby out of wedlock one. I have a really hard time believing either one though.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate to admit this but I'd watch a "who's the miracle baby's daddy?" story line. Also a shocking baby out of wedlock one. I have a really hard time believing either one though.

But aren't you probably kind of envisioning these shows as exciting pieces of fiction when you say that, though? Seems to me that the whole thing takes on a completely different complexion when you visualize these real young women -- with their fear-filled, guilt-filled backgrounds -- struggling through something like this, something that's so negative and forbidden in their world. When I think of poor little "I knew I was a terrible sinner at age 6" Jinger or apparently tv-shy, conservative Jana having to struggle with such an event and its aftermaths at all -- let alone on television -- I find the prospect super-depressing and I'm terrified for them. Imagining any real person filmed in the midst of all this pain and uncertainty makes me feel sick, actually. Even though, if it were fiction, I agree that i'd watch it in a minute!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Boob orchestrated it himself because scandals are more exciting than courtships.

No, that wouldn't surprise me either. Since in my opinion he doesn't actually give even a single shit for any of his kids.

• Love 3

But aren't you probably kind of envisioning these shows as exciting pieces of fiction when you say that though?

That's a really good point, and yes you're right. I suppose also fictional is my hope that the family would gather around and support them in either case. It's hard to remember sometimes that this TV family that's "not a TV family" (ha) involves real people.

• Love 2
(edited)

I suppose also fictional is my hope that the family would gather around and support them in either case.

Probably, although I'm not so sure they would never rally round a kid in a sex scandal -- Most of usdo tend to forgive our own easier then we forgive other people, and the Duggs haven't been much of an exception to that.

But in the situation that the gossip sites subscribe, I don't see how any family (or any group, actually) could rally round, really, since somebody in the group has harmed somebody else in the group. People are inevitably gonna split over that kind of thing, I think. How could you not? If it were JInger and Ben (which heaven forbid), for example, you couldn't rally round JInger without basically cutting out Jessa, and you couldn't rally round Jessa without cutting out Jinger. That's about the bitterest most difficult situation there is.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I just don't believe this story is true.

Jinger and Ben might be all hot for each other but let's give Jinger some credit...sexing your sister's husband is pretty shitty. I even give Ben more credit...

I might believe other stories but this one? Eh, not so much.

Just to note: Ben is probably the first real "boy" that Jinger has even spoken to and interacted with on a personal level. No wonder she is all hot for Benny. Maybe if she actually made a few friends otuside of Duggarville she might find out that Ben is not the only fish in the sea. Poor woman. There are plenty of nice Christian guys out there for Jinger. She doesn't know that though.

• Love 7

I can't help but wonder if Bin/Jinger was the original courtship intention, but Jessa saw a golden opportunity and took it. Let's face it, 18 year old boys think with their penises, not their brains. Compatibility-wise, Bin is better suited to Jinger, but Jessa was hotter and won out in the end.

• Love 1

I can't help but wonder if Bin/Jinger was the original courtship intention, but Jessa saw a golden opportunity and took it. Let's face it, 18 year old boys think with their penises, not their brains. Compatibility-wise, Bin is better suited to Jinger, but Jessa was hotter and won out in the end.

The way the story has been told is that Ben pursued Jessa and his parents basically said she was out of his league, but they actively helped him pursue her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Could be so. But since Bin supposedly first conceived his big passion from tv -- which seems possible, since he didn't live in the immediate area -- seems to me equally likely that he might have fallen for the hot one (Jessa) first via the mostly visual medium of the airwaves and then only later discovered real-life chemistry with JInger, once he'd actually spent time with the girls, But by that time it would have been too late, probably, what with his father on the internet pushing early marriage and all.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I'm wondering if this is Anna. And whichever Duggar brother-in-law was "ministering" to her. She was crushed over what Joshley Madison did to her, but most people would fantasize about revenge of some type. It's human.

And I'm wondering if Anna is pregnant as a result, which precipitated the "conjugal visit" at Jesus Jail a couple of months ago.

Maybe Sister Jana is not so pure and innocent and she and Bin had some opportunities while she was providing night help with little Spurge while Jessa slept.

Never thought I'd write Duggar fanfic but this is kind of fun..

• Love 4

Maybe Sister Jana is not so pure and innocent and she and Bin had some opportunities while she was providing night help with little Spurge while Jessa slept.

Never thought I'd write Duggar fanfic but this is kind of fun..

Well, that would be kind of fun, except that I'm not sure how many Duggars I want to add to the pile of "gigantic hypocrites." ...

Well if two years ago you told me Josh molested a few of his sisters and had relations with a prostitute....I now beleive anything with this Family. My bet is on Bin and Jinger.

That's the problem with these gossip items. They sound completely unbelievable and insane until you remember what actually went on in that family and then anything is game. I guess my main issue with its credibility is that I just can't comprehend the when and where of the situation. There are always people around everywhere; nosy kids, paranoid Boobs, helping sisters. Especially after what went down with Josh I imagine there is hypervigilance about anything that could even be construed as inappropriate behaviour.

• Love 5

Well if two years ago you told me Josh molested a few of his sisters and had relations with a prostitute....I now beleive anything with this Family. My bet is on Bin and Jinger.

I don't know, so many people have skeletons in their closets, even "Godly" ones. To be honest the two Josh scandals are less shocking to me than the supposed son-in-law/sister-in-law story.

But no matter what the Duggar clan spouts, they're all human.

• Love 4
(edited)

The Duggars have always come across as fake and phoney to me. I believe I called it a few months before the molestation news came to light that there was some dark-sided shit going on with Josh and that it was just a matter of time. I always got the negative vibe that there was sexual abuse in some form going on. I also believe Josh will most likely get in trouble again only next time, with law enforcement and Daddy Duggar won't be able to cover up the next indiscretion.

Only because of my experience with Christians like the Duggars. The ones who protest their holiness the loudest always have the darkest sins.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 10

for those that think this is Jinger and Ben. Do you really think Jinger would betray Jessa that way? I don't see it but then I missed all the chemistry they have.

Jinger could have a wild streak like Amy does. They do have the same genes.....and as we have always hoped one of them would to be the rebel of the bunch. Just might be Jinger. Get it girl!! *ewww  I just grossed myself out*

• Love 2

If anything, I would agree that an attraction between Jinger and Ben might possibly ​be apparent in moments to someone attuned to be looking for it. A lingering side-hug, maybe. or something equally racy.

My old eyes, even with glasses, read the last line as a "lingerie" side hug instead of lingering.

I think the whole thing is a farce too. I can't imagine Anna going against her wedding vows (even tho Joshley sure did) by having sex with a brother-in-law or any guy for that matter unless she was officially divorced which she won't be. She doesn't come across as a vengeful type of person in my opinion.

• Love 3

If this were true, I probably SHOULD have some pity for the Duggar woman/women in this situation and the way their patriarchal cult would inevitably rain down all kinds of shit on them but...I just can't. I am just fresh out of pity for these people anymore. THAT is actually what makes me sad. I have become so completely frustrated by their cult that it has deadened my empathy.

• Love 5

I think that the fundamentalist men are a screwed up bunch and have sex issues. So I can believe Josh did what he did, even thought it is shocking.

Jinger? I don't see her as that twisted...I think she loves Jessa more than that.

• Love 6

It would have to be Bin and Jinger. For one thing, who the hell would want to sleep with Derick? Bin is dopey, but cute and athletic. Jana is too church mousey, and I don't think either son in law would hit on a barely legal JoyAnna.

I doubt the story is true, but if I were a betting woman, I'd put my money on those two.

I beg to differ. Joy is built like a brick house and has always had, in my opinion, a touch of fuckthisshit-itis. Of all the kids, she's the one most likely to pack a bag, climb over the fence in the wee hours, and be able to survive. She's the one that has spent the most time with the "outsiders" ie Grandma, Famy, that auntie that fornicated.

• Love 4

^^^ Absolutely agree.  Joy would be my bet for the first escapee.  And to me, her looks don't scream "Dugger Genetics Here!" the way the 4 oldest girls do.  I think Joy could pass more easily for a random teen than the others.  

• Love 2

Bolding mine

^^^ Absolutely agree.  Joy would be my bet for the first escapee.  And to me, her looks don't scream "Dugger Genetics Here!" the way the 4 oldest girls do.  I think Joy could pass more easily for a random teen than the others.

Oh dear. Are you saying...?

I'm kidding! But I bet someone at the Inquisitr is frantically googling images right now.

• Love 5

OMG, Ben's going to record a Christian rap album with Flame? This is what results when you throw money at people for no other reason than they are part of (or married into) a mega-family.

• Love 11

I guess we have a new clip for the upcoming season.   

http://www.people.com/article/anna-duggar-addresses-josh-scandal-new-tlc-promo

Is it just me or does their accent get more pronounced every time I see them?

Oh, Anna. Have the next right response for the next fifteen minutes? Hon, there ain't no right response for what has happened to your life! Have any reaction you darn well want to have!

Joy could do a lot better than running away with Mr and Mrs Amy.

• Love 7
(edited)

Any chance the Blind Item could be Josh and one of Anna's sisters? Maybe the holiday season mentioned was a year or more ago.

Or one of Bin's sisters and a Duggar son? The "son-in-law" might not be the actual perpetrator, but the link to the Duggar Family.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 2