Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Well, they're not alone in being high. Here's a sample comment from the Dugg-Fam-fan-blog post about contacting TLC to get them back:

"I sent an email via the link provided to keep the show on. Although I am not religious, I do love how you instill many wonderful values in all your children, and you deserve to have a series. It does not matter what's happened in the past, it's there for a reason."

Question, and maybe I need to tighten my tinfoil hat. Does anyone else here wonder if some of these glowing comments are actually Astroturf? My meaning: It has been reported previously that letter writing campaigns to the editor of newspapers around the country supporting particular political views weren't actually penned by separate people. They were written by PR professionals and disseminated. The above comment checks off all the boxes: "Not religious", "loves the traditional values", bla bla bla.

It would not surprise me at all to learn that this deluge of "values" viewers were actually a few that are being paid or otherwise compensated for doing so. Anyone with the brains of a duck (and an IQ higher than room temperature) would realize that this family is the last one most would want to emulate.

Again, and I'll add to the tinfoil in my hat: Follow the money. TLC has $24 million reasons to put this train wreck on again.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 14

Question, and maybe I need to tighten my tinfoil hat. Does anyone else here wonder if some of these glowing comments are actually Astroturf? My meaning: It has been reported previously that letter writing campaigns to the editor of newspapers around the country supporting particular political views weren't actually penned by separate people. They were written by PR professionals and disseminated. The above comment checks off all the boxes: "Not religious", "loves the traditional values", bla bla bla.

It would not surprise me at all to learn that this deluge of "values" viewers were actually a few that are being paid or otherwise compensated for doing so. Anyone with the brains of a duck (and an IQ higher than room temperature) would realize that this family is the last one most would want to emulate.

Again, and I'll add to the tinfoil in my hat: Follow the money. TLC has $24 million reasons to put this train wreck on again.

Yeah, I agree. It does sound like astroturf. Interesting thought. Astroturf tends to be a bit expensive, but, as you say, TLC has $24 million reasons to spend a few bucks.

I'm torn between thinking you're right that these comments are plants and thinking that a lot of people are way dumber and more gullible than you're supposing here!

• Love 5

I'm torn between thinking you're right that these comments are plants and thinking that a lot of people are way dumber and more gullible than you're supposing here!

If I really thought about it, I couldn't get out of bed in the morning re: dumber and more gullible.

And the "family friends" that run the pro-Duggar website are leading the charge, it seems. The kids don't need help or any type of counseling. They need their teevee show back!

• Love 3

Churchhoney and Missy Vixen, one of the first things thought about the reviews on Amazon was that they were so much better written than anything I've seen on Facebook or instagram.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the writers were comped in some way.  We're not dealing with the epitome of honesty here with the Duggar parents or TLC.

• Love 12

Well now that the show is off the air.  Jill & Jessa Counting On is over. Jill claims she's not pregnant. Jessa just had her little messiah and probably won't be able to make another go at it for at least another 4 months. Anna probably won't be pregnant again for a while now that Josh is out of the pic for a bit. So unless they're marrying off Jana, Jinger, JD  or Joseph sometime this spring...

AAAAAAAAAnnnnnnd...that's all folks. 

You would think there'd be NO reason for them to be in the news for at least the next 3-4 months. You would think...

Well now that the show is off the air.  Jill & Jessa Counting On is over. Jill claims she's not pregnant. Jessa just had her little messiah and probably won't be able to make another go at it for at least another 4 months. Anna probably won't be pregnant again for a while now that Josh is out of the pic for a bit. So unless they're marrying off Jana, Jinger, JD  or Joseph sometime this spring...

AAAAAAAAAnnnnnnd...that's all folks. 

You would think there'd be NO reason for them to be in the news for at least the next 3-4 months. You would think...

• Love 4

It's time for the Joshley Madison Redemption Tour!

And let's just say that I am skeptical about Jilly Muffin's NOT being pregnant.

If there's plenty of press/more begging to "write to TLC" and request the show over the next couple of weeks, something's up.

• Love 3

Yeah, I just remember seeing the duffel bags full of DumDums, and Boob was there, too! 

However, I know they went. I saw an older IG pic in the last day or so (maybe Jill's), and their friend Joe Donaldson mentioned that he wished he was going to see the Dullards in their home environment. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

hmm. Wonder why there aren't more posts about it on social media.

Maybe they're saving it to thrill us with as part of the new series that starts up in early spring. First episode will probably be Dumb Dumbs take Dum Dums to Central America to help convert Christians to Christianiity. 

• Love 16

Maybe they're saving it to thrill us with as part of the new series that starts up in early spring. First episode will probably be Dumb Dumbs take Dum Dums to Central America to help convert Christians to Christianiity. 

Yep. You might think Duggar studios would cover it if TLC didn't. The silence makes me suspicious. Maybe they have just decided to keep some things private...HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 4

So the family plane landed in Rockford for an hour last night?  Yeah, it could be they're picking up Josh, or they could be dropping off legal documents now that his first court date is approaching.  Guess if Josh has left the facility, we'll figure it out soon enough.

• Love 4

They haven't shown the missioncation for a few years. Even the year Ben went for the first time (2 years ago, IIRC), they just showed a social media picture collage. 

OK, maybe it's just back to normal then. Or there are layers of money in those duffle bags under the candy. I don't trust these fools so I make up scenarios. It's an illness.

• Love 3

So the family plane landed in Rockford for an hour last night?  Yeah, it could be they're picking up Josh, or they could be dropping off legal documents now that his first court date is approaching.  Guess if Josh has left the facility, we'll figure it out soon enough.

They could have FedExed Smuggles any legal documents that required his signature. It's beyond strange that the plane was only on the ground for one hour, right around dinnertime (yeah, I looked). No way he's out, or Anna could have just waited the extra five days to see him last night. This is very strange, indeed. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Isn't fuel expensive?  Seems like quite a bit of money to fly up there just for an hour. 

• Love 2

I'm going with the "dropping off legal stuff" scenario.  Josh is still legally responsible for himself, I presume.  He's not a ward of the court or of his parents, so he has to be prepared to personally defend himself against Danica's charges.  Unless he handed over power of attorney to Jim Bob, which might actually be to Josh's benefit.  

No telling, as this situation has a lot of moving parts and loads of potential for cover ups and lies.  As per usual in the Duggarverse.  

• Love 1

I'll just leave this here.

Jill Duggar Dillard volunteered at a clinic that was founded by Planned Parenthood in the Counting On finale.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2670859/jill-duggar-dillard-volunteered-at-clinic-founded-by-planned-parenthood-in-jill-jessa-counting-on-finale/

Well, the signs are in Spanish, so...

Very strange to see that the article in the Inquisitr is actually quoting a poster from FreeJinger. I know it's a trashy tabloid to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's bizarre to think that they're mining snark sites and using them as sources. Wonder if any of us will end up in there ?!

• Love 1

Well, the signs are in Spanish, so...

Very strange to see that the article in the Inquisitr is actually quoting a poster from FreeJinger. I know it's a trashy tabloid to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's bizarre to think that they're mining snark sites and using them as sources. Wonder if any of us will end up in there ?!

Oh, I have no doubt we are all "anonymous sources." It's not a coincidence that every single thing we talk about on these boards shows up in an Inquisitr article three weeks later. 

• Love 12

Oh Jill. You never fail to disappoint.

She always fails to do her research, however. As does TLC. The more I think about it, the Duggars and TLC really were a match made in Heaven. They were meant to be together. Both are clueless, lazy, completely lacking in creativity and imagination - and both will do most anything for $$. 

• Love 9

I note that the Duggar blog only displays comments approved by the site manager. It's hardly going to be a representative sampling.

Lily and Ellie's blog or the real Duggar blog? I know the former is true, not sure about the latter, or who would have time to monitor it.

Lily and Ellie's blog or the real Duggar blog? I know the former is true, not sure about the latter, or who would have time to monitor it.

Maybe that's why no one knows who Jason is. He's been sitting behind a computer all these years with his finger on the delete button.

• Love 7

Maybe they brought Joash papers and a lawyer to go over them?

Although, Josh has to do whatever Jim Bob says so Josh isn't really needed in any conversation (silly me!).

What if they took Josh home on Christmas Eve and brought him back? That would make sense...a visit with his kids.

that's a slightly odd display of chocolate covered strawberries..... Sierra I have more faith in you that you could have come up with a better shape other than just a wall!

Particularly like the photo from the back. Pretty. Wonder whose idea it was to include that in the displayed photos?

Someone with the same degree of taste and creativity as Sierra, I guess.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

It becomes a Pinterest Fail about 15 minutes after the photo, when the weight has caused the board to fall over, the heat in the house has caused all of the chocolate to melt off the berries and Josie swoops in to start licking the whole mess.  

• Love 18

Particularly like the photo from the back. Pretty. Wonder whose idea it was to include that in the displayed photos?

Someone with the same degree of taste and creativity as Sierra, I guess.

I think that's actually the 'after' photo - ie when they were all eaten.  Still a bizarre thing to post though!

• Love 2

I think that's actually the 'after' photo - ie when they were all eaten.  Still a bizarre thing to post though!

Okay, thanks. That's a little better. .... Not much, though! ...

Although I guess the actual display doesn't look a whole lot better than the denuded one, so what the heck, I guess.

Wonder how many seconds it took for Jizm Bob to finish that off.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

She made her signature item:2qia8n8.jpg

It becomes a Pinterest Fail about 15 minutes after the photo, when the weight has caused the board to fall over, the heat in the house has caused all of the chocolate to melt off the berries and Josie swoops in to start licking the whole mess.

Not to mention how many times the berries got touched/licked even before they made it off the board. What a yucky sticky mess for the Duggars. Can you imagine what that place looked like with discarded berry tops laying around & melted chocolate everywhere including all over the kiddos? Just something else for the J'slaves to clean up. But at least they got to have some fruit for a change.
  • Love 5

Not to mention how many times the berries got touched/licked even before they made it off the board. What a yucky sticky mess for the Duggars. Can you imagine what that place looked like with discarded berry tops laying around & melted chocolate everywhere including all over the kiddos? Just something else for the J'slaves to clean up. But at least they got to have some fruit for a change.

Except for the ones that had the "oreo balls" -- which I assume are the white ones -- and they look to take up about half of the masterpiece/?

http://www.snackworks.com/recipe/white-chocolate-oreo-cookie-179955.aspx

To wit:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed

4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted

Instructions

Mix  cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.

Shape  into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.

I dunno.

• Love 1

I've made Oreo balls (they were called "truffles" in the recipe I used) and people freak out over them. Chocolate covered strawberries seem to be a really popular thing in Arkansas. I see them on party blogs by people in that area quite a bit. Are strawberries super cheap there for some reason?

• Love 1