Type keyword(s) to search

SNL in the Media

• Start Topic

I'll take House 3 please.

House 2 looks really good, too! I'm old.

I don't have huge expectations for tonight's episode, I just appreciate that they're making the effort. I'm not real picky these days. 

• Love 4
On 4/10/2020 at 1:03 AM, possibilities said:

I hope people hear about it and catch it, because my DVR didn't pick it up (it's only set to record new episodes, not repeats) and if I hadn't seen it here, I wouldn't know about it. When I went to set the recording, my listings were still saying it's a repeat.

Thank you for letting us know.

Hey VB68. Maybe Since Aunt Linda Critiques Movies, Maybe That Is How Stefon Became A Consultant ! I Can't Quite Remember What He Is, But He Tells People Where They Can Go Visit When They Come To New York ! Jody

He Is Also In The Insurance Commercial Which I Think Is Farmers Insurance And He Says We've Cover This Because We Have Seen Every Thing ! Jody

Hello Ruby. I Agree With You ! I Did Not Read That Article, But IF They Said That 6 Or 7 People Impersonated Hilary, Then They Were Wrong ! FOUR People Impersonated Hilary And They Each Had Their Particular Take OF Hilary So IT Wasn't The Same Impersonation ALL 25 Years ! Jody

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

Yay! I really enjoyed the first one!

They sure do announce these late in the week, though.

I wonder if they keep coming up with bits and vids and as soon as they have enough to fill 1.5 hours, they go.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I wonder if they keep coming up with bits and vids and as soon as they have enough to fill 1.5 hours, they go.

I think you must be right about that.

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Chris Redd tweeted a few days ago about how he didn't know how content creators managed to do what they do (which is when I wondered if we were getting another episode), so it does seem like they keep coming up with things to the wire. 

I wonder if this episode will have a host to fill up some time, like Tom Hanks did, or will just be sketches. I could see Jimmy, Seth or Mulaney 'hosting,' but the only thing is no one has been rumored or announced. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pete Martell said:

I wonder if this episode will have a host to fill up some time, like Tom Hanks did, or will just be sketches. I could see Jimmy, Seth or Mulaney 'hosting,' but the only thing is no one has been rumored or announced. 

I don't remember Chris Martin being announced or rumored last time as a musical guest, so I guess anything is possible.

Also, thinking about it, another reason they probably skipped doing a show last week was because the broadcast networks had that Global Citizen concert show on with the late night hosts. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I don't remember Chris Martin being announced or rumored last time as a musical guest, so I guess anything is possible.

Also, thinking about it, another reason they probably skipped doing a show last week was because the broadcast networks had that Global Citizen concert show on with the late night hosts. 

You're right; I'd forgotten Martin wasn't announced. I prefer having a host/monologue to ease us in, but I suppose if we don't at least it would give the cast more time. 

Literally just said "YES!" out loud to nobody but my dog...and he is fast asleep. I really enjoyed the last one, and hope this one hits the mark for me, too.

I'd love if Cecily is in the episode this week, but, from reading that article, I'd understand if she's still not up for creating new content. 

• Love 2

Hello VB68. I Thought That Maybe They HAD Announced The Repeat OF John Mulaney And David Byrne And I Watch EVERY Week Even the Repeats ! I Think They Had John Mulaney For People That Were Expecting That And I Saw The First Showing OF That, But I Saw IT Again Any Way ! I Laughed BOTH Times ! In Case, You Don't Know What I Am Talking About Is They DID Have John Mulaney The Following Week ! You Will Find out Later That The Week After They HAD John Mulaney, They DID Do A Second AT Home Episode ! Jody

(edited)

So that's probably taking the place of an At Home edition this week?  Meh.

Though I always did like The Mother's Day sequel to Dick In a Box.

"...we are so cool and thoughtful!"

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

No, the tweet says that is airing on Sunday. The online listings for this Saturday [S45, Ep. 18] claims to be another at-home episode.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The online listings for this Saturday [S45, Ep. 18] claims to be another at-home episode.

Oh ok. I just figured since there was an announcement for this and not one with it for a Saturday show, that's all we would be getting. Thanks for clearing that up! 🙂

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Oh ok. I just figured since there was an announcement for this and not one with it for a Saturday show, that's all we would be getting. Thanks for clearing that up! 🙂

No problem!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No, the tweet says that is airing on Sunday. The online listings for this Saturday [S45, Ep. 18] claims to be another at-home episode.

A standby line podcaster suggested this one will be the season finale. I guess we will know for sure today or tomorrow.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, vb68 said:

Though I always did like The Mother's Day sequel to Dick In a Box.

"...we are so cool and thoughtful!"

We're gonna f- each other's mothers... 'Cause every mother's day needs a mother's night!

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, vb68 said:

I wonder if anybody-- Kate?? Possibly Pete?-- says an official goodbye in that format? I'm guessing probably not.

This is probably more suited to speculation, but much as I don't know if anyone will willingly leave in this format (I could see budget cuts leading some performers to not be asked back next season, as the industry has taken a huge hit), but if some do want to leave, I was thinking yesterday about what a beautiful sight it would be if we see the whole cast, each in a box on the screen, and those who are leaving sign out, with our last scene of the season being the remaining cast and the empty boxes where the departing cast were.

6 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Unfortunately I doubt the empty boxes would be Pete, Heidi, and Kyle, which is what it would take for me to consider it a beautiful sight.

I actually can see Pete and Kyle leaving. Heidi probably not, but you never know.

11 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I actually can see Pete and Kyle leaving. Heidi probably not, but you never know.

I'm going to continue this discussion in the Spec thread.

What Did Every Body Think About The Mother's Day Special On Last Sunday Which WAS Mother's Day ? I Thought IT Was Very Good ! I Know Some OF You Do NOT Like Martin Short ,But I Thought That Was THE Funniest Thing On There ! I Enjoyed Seeing Cheri OTeri Again And We Finally Got To See Her Best Friend Ariana ! Some OF These Were From Other Shows Because Phil Hartman And His Mother ? Jan Hooks Are BOTH Dead ! ! I Enjoyed Seeing Jan Hooks Again Though ! Jody

Paul Briganti will have an interview at noon Eastern today about directing the last three episodes of the season.

https://adage.com/article/video/watch-live-12-pm-edt-snl-director-paul-briganti-comedy-age-covid-19/2256756

On 5/13/2020 at 1:05 AM, Jody said:

What Did Every Body Think About The Mother's Day Special On Last Sunday Which WAS Mother's Day ? I Thought IT Was Very Good ! I Know Some OF You Do NOT Like Martin Short ,But I Thought That Was THE Funniest Thing On There ! I Enjoyed Seeing Cheri OTeri Again And We Finally Got To See Her Best Friend Ariana ! Some OF These Were From Other Shows Because Phil Hartman And His Mother ? Jan Hooks Are BOTH Dead ! ! I Enjoyed Seeing Jan Hooks Again Though ! Jody

I was glad they included a sketch with Jan and Phil. I'll always miss them. 

• Love 1

I Don't Know what Pete was talking about  so I guess he was just speculating on when Lorne is going to leave. Maybe, there was An Article where some body else was wondering when Lorne was going to Leave Saturday Night Live.

(edited)

I like that Pete felt revitalized on the show, and he got to work with Sandler.

Also very cool with Mikey and his son. I agree with him that his son will really appreciate that  his son got to work on the show as he gets older.

Looks like the dreams sketch was as big a mystery to the cast as it was to the audience. If there were any hidden meanings, nobody is saying.

Edited by vb68

Hello VB68. I was talking about Pete Martell. You or some body said that Pete had made an announcement 43 Minutes Ago ! I Could not find out what he had said.

Okay, Now I know that Pete's Big Announcement was about Jimmy Fallon. Every Body was talking about who was going to leave Saturday Night Live. Then, people were saying Lorne should leave. Then, we did not know who was coming back so possibly Saturday Night Live was cancelled. Any Way, I am glad that I now know what Pete was talking about.