Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosalie and Nathan have the same father. Ron loves to tie people together. I wish he'd stop that for good long while, as he rarely uses those ties to good advantage. Too many people are related to one another the way it is.

I agree.

But I am kinda into the idea of Rosalie and Nathan as siblings. I like them both. And I really loved the Britt/Nathan relationship so maybe it would fill that void for me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I don't think Rosalie will be majorly tied to anyone/anything. I know Ron's pacing blows, but Rosalie's been on for almost a year now, he would have shown the connection by now. Her "secret" will be something stupid and insignificant. 

Julexis are buying Olivia & Ned's BS, why wouldn't they insist on paternity test to be sure? I mean, that should've been a no-brainer for Alexis. Ugh.

By what right can Julian and Alexis  insist on a paternity test for OLIVIA'S baby????

Edited by One More Time
Julian could sue to know if he's the father, I think. Liv has never denied they slept together, and the timing is right.

How riveting it will be to watch yet another middle-aged mobster (ex, well - rat)  involved in a custody battle involving a new born w/in a year. 

The show used to not only have babies spread out into different families pre Guza (thereby not running into the familial incest issues that DOOL often runs into now) but I notice that the births were spaced out a bit more and they didn't write in every pregnancy a women had in real life (Bobbie never got a miracle pregnancy, even though Jackie eventually had twins. ReHe first pregnancy wasn't written in). Now it seems to be back to back babies. We are in the middle of one baby storyline with Ava, we have the denouement of  Rocco/Georgie II with their mothers planning their wedding, which had baby Gabriel death sandwich in there,  which all followed the baby Danny storyline and now we have Julian/Olivia baby storyline going on. Seems like a lot of babies within a 2-3 years. 

• Love 1

I am loathe to defend Sonny since I, too, hate him beyond all measure, but I seem to recall he did mention he got tested and yet he was still ready to kill off granpa Julian even after they knew he was a match , the only match for Danny...so yeah, Sonny is a selfish bastard and then some.

Don't you remember?  That was totally Julian's fault!  How dare he not want to die? 

• Love 5

Seems like a lot of babies within a 2-3 years.

After the Kreepy Kiddie Quad, we have:

Aiden (Liz + Lucky)

Lila Rae (Skye + Lorenzo)

Danny (Sam + Jason)

Rocco (Lulu + Dante)

Georgie (Maxie + Spin)

Avery (Ava + Morgan or Sonny)

Olivia's baby (Olivia + Julian)

Of this group, Danny, Avery, and Olivia baby are all cousins. Aiden and Rocco are cousins, and Rocco and Olivia baby are cousins. They'll have to bring Lila Rae back or Georgie will have to be a big old ho to avoid incest.

• Love 3

Sabrina marrying Michael and becoming a Quartermaine would make my soul weep.  As would, come to think of it, Kiki.  Can't Michael get a love interest who isn't fifty shades of awful?

Oh if only Serena or Christina Baldwin could come to town!

• Love 1

Aiden (Liz + Lucky)

Danny (Sam + Jason)

Rocco (Lulu + Dante)

Georgie (Maxie + Spin)

Of this group, Danny, Avery, and Olivia baby are all cousins. Aiden and Rocco are cousins, and Rocco and Olivia baby are cousins. They'll have to bring Lila Rae back or Georgie will have to be a big old ho to avoid incest.

Actually, Rocco and Olivia's baby are uncle/aunt and nephew lol (Rocco being the new baby's nephew). Same with Rocco and Avery - Avery is Rocco's aunt. (although imo it will later be revealed Avery is actually Morgan's child).

• Love 1

Maybe Christina, but I would rather not have Ron C ruin either of them. 

Yeah thats the thing about RC you never know how he would write them.From her twitter I get the feeling CS isn't aganist a return as Serena even for just a vist.

We need more kids who are not Corinthos spawn.

IA with that.

I really wish CS would audition for other things. Even Kristen Alderson got the right idea.  (She probably is auditioning for other things, and I seriously hope she gets them, if she wants to realize her dream of going to the Oscars one day).

Edited by Ambrosefolly

Aiden (Liz + Lucky)

Danny (Sam + Jason)

Rocco (Lulu + Dante)

Georgie (Maxie + Spin)

I thought the show took a tiny bit too long a beat on Friday being all, "OMG, Rocco and baby Georgie meeting for the first time, what if they one day fall in love and have all kinds of soapy shenanigans!".  Normally, that'd be cute, but it mostly made me think that we'll be seeing these kids in romance stories of their own in like two years.

• Love 1

If I was an EP and I thought it was remotely possible, I'd swipe Camryn Grimes from Y&R to play Christina Baldwin/Collins/whoever. But that also presumes a very different GH than the one we have.

• Love 2

I'd revive Jake Spencer Morgan Quartermaine. Logic being....... latex mask argument. They had masks. They can revive that kid. Also, make the Olivia /Julian baby a tock. We are due for one. Georgie and Rocco were ticks to Gabriel's tock then Avery the adorable tick. We need no more mobster babies. I'm also not buying that drunk ass AJ never impregnated anyone over the years but Carly. Boost the teen set, the twenties set. AJ has a vast time period he could have impregnated some lady. What was he doing in Switzerland? And as obsessed with ELQ as the Cassadines were/are, they wouldn't take advantage of AJ in a clinic? He could have a toddler, a baby, a teen, or an adult child. We need more Quartermaines. And I don't mean Quartermaines we will have worship Sonny, fear Sonny, or bang Sonny.

• Love 1

I don't think Rosalie will be majorly tied to anyone/anything. I know Ron's pacing blows, but Rosalie's been on for almost a year now, he would have shown the connection by now. Her "secret" will be something stupid and insignificant. 

In the summer, Rosalie winged her cell phone at Morgan's head in the park after getting into it with her father on the phone.  She was very mysterious about her father and shortly after we learned she had a secret.  May or may not be related and may have already changed 2 or 300 times.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 1

I'd revive Jake Spencer Morgan Quartermaine. Logic being....... latex mask argument. They had masks. They can revive that kid. Also, make the Olivia /Julian baby a tock. We are due for one. Georgie and Rocco were ticks to Gabriel's tock then Avery the adorable tick. We need no more mobster babies. I'm also not buying that drunk ass AJ never impregnated anyone over the years but Carly. Boost the teen set, the twenties set. AJ has a vast time period he could have impregnated some lady. What was he doing in Switzerland? And as obsessed with ELQ as the Cassadines were/are, they wouldn't take advantage of AJ in a clinic? He could have a toddler, a baby, a teen, or an adult child. We need more Quartermaines. And I don't mean Quartermaines we will have worship Sonny, fear Sonny, or bang Sonny.

I'm going to hell, but I'm fine with that kid remaining dead. Sure, it sucked at HOW it was done, but then, I don't think he should have ever existed since his conception was built on the backs of ruining two other pairings so his sainted parents stayed pure.

So it bothers me none that the kid didn't make it.

• Love 3

Duly noted. But I still don't buy that for an alleged weak ass drunk, AJ didn't impregnate anyone but Carly. He's got to have Quartermaine kids of any age running around out there. He was in Dr. O's clinic. I don't buy that O would take ordinary ass Corinthos /Spencer embryo and make a grandbaby out of it. I do buy she'd take a wealthy Quartermaine, especially when she saw AJ heal and knew he could/would take over ELQ. And Rocco looks hella like Jake and Danny and Micheal.

I still vote tock for Olivia and Julian's baby.

In the summer, Rosalie winged her cell phone at Morgan's head in the park after getting into it with her father on the phone.  She was very mysterious about her father and shortly after we learned she had a secret.  May or may not be related and may have already changed 2 or 300 times.

I thought she was on the phone with Nina??

This may have changed, but last fall Ron made a point of Rosalie being Mexican. Were Vino, Lorenzo/Luis, or Papa Z ever given specific ethnicities?

I know Sonny is half-greek and half-latino, but I don't think they ever nailed down Adella's precise ethnicity the way they made a point of Lily, Miguel, Juan, Carlos, and Sabrina all being Puerto Rican.

Edited by Tiger

People on the Facebook page are ;literally crying because they think Spencer may died in the fire. Several have said he is the best actor on the show. I can't stand it, where do they get these people from.

• Love 10

People on the Facebook page are ;literally crying because they think Spencer may died in the fire. Several have said he is the best actor on the show. I can't stand it, where do they get these people from.

Someone has to be punking us. Right? RIGHT? I mean, these people can't possibly be serious.

• Love 4

A few random thoughts in no particular order:

1.  I really CAN NOT STAND Julian.  He just comes off as such a male chauvinist pig.  When Alexis was trying to rebuff him (halfheartedly albeit) he would practically laugh in her face.  He had/has no regard for her feelings and no respect for her either.  He night as well be dragging her around by her hair.  Romantic! He is hot though.

2.  I laughed out loud when Liv had the nerve to seem upset that Ned was naming all her gentlemen callers.  I mean hey more power to her, but don't act all put out (pun intended) when people call you on it.  When she said she couldn't get away with not naming the father by saying she was a just young teenager messing around all I could think was "no, now you are a middle aged grandmother messing around".

3.  In line with my last comments, I find it amusing that most (all?) of the one-night stands, cheating, partner swapping, etc., on this show takes place with the older characters.  Olivia's story line in particular would be better suited for someone in their teens or mid twenties, not a forty something grandmother.  It's a bit embarrassing.

4.  I fully support Michael in trying to get custody of baby Avery for whatever reason.  I like how he said that although he does want to see Sonny suffer, at the end of the day Avery is a baby and living with Sonny or even just being in his general vicinity is unsafe.  I find it infuriating that so many characters on this show just don't get that.  It's all poor Sonny this, poor Sonny that.  This is a man who is a mobster and now a convicted murderer.  AJ was just a drunk for goodness sake.  He didn't come anywhere near Sonny levels of horribleness.

I also have to say I really enjoy reading this forum!  Most of the comments I see on Facebook are all Sonny supporters/apologists.  I like coming on here and seeing I am not the only Sonny-hater, makes me feel a bit more sane :)

• Love 6

My computer at home has decided to be mean to me and not let me visit the site. It was a very long weekend. 

I just can't with these Facebook people. They love Sonny, they love Spencer, and apparently they're also rampant homophobes since they complain about not wanting to see Lucas/Brad sex because "it's in the bible!"  GROSS.

The show is utterly painful to watch right now. Although my second female character I was wishing for is back today so at least I get some Anna and Jordan. Now there's just one more. Can't happen soon enough.

• Love 2

I remember that phone call, it was definitely with her dad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDqamf1OktE

She mentions her dad being all up in her business. At the time, I think they wanted us to think her dad was Micky (?)

I remember 2 calls that Rosalie had with her father.  The anvils were heavy that it was Mickey.

Miscaviage?

• Love 3

Someone has to be punking us. Right? RIGHT? I mean, these people can't possibly be serious.

The Facebook contingent is why Ron still has a job.  It's amazing how so many of them lap up anything and everything he dishes out without any form of critical thought, and if you do post criticism (as has happened to me), you get called a "troll." (In other words, the place is populated by Ron's favorite type of viewer).  And that forum is supposedly the one most looked at by TPTB -- it's no wonder we never see any positive change.

• Love 4

The Facebook contingent is why Ron still has a job.

That and the Delphi and Soap Central boards.

The Facebook contingent is why Ron still has a job.  It's amazing how so many of them lap up anything and everything he dishes out without any form of critical thought, and if you do post criticism (as has happened to me), you get called a "troll." (In other words, the place is populated by Ron's favorite type of viewer).  And that forum is supposedly the one most looked at by TPTB -- it's no wonder we never see any positive change.

Yeah they're not very tolerant of differing opinions.

Edited by Sake614

I'm someone who mostly enjoys Spencer, and even I find this ridiculous.

Wait- there was a fire?

• Love 1

I'll be crying if Lil' Douche dies in a fire . . . TEARS OF JOY!!!

• Love 4

Now to be fair to the facebook crowd, they did really hate the Stavros embryo scenes last September. So I have to give them a tiny bit of credit for that! If even the facebook crowd hates it . . . 

• Love 2

Thanks, OnceSane! I guess its time for a Major Event That Will Change Everything that actually changes nothing, rather than following any of the possibly interesting stories that could be told or explored more. It's like the show doesn't understand that soaps should be about relationships, not huge disasters every sweeps period. Sure, do the occasional big disaster story, but used as a way to develop or influence of destroy relationships, not just a chance to waste the already limited budget on special effects and possibly prop up a character or two. At least, that's what I prefer- guess I shouldn't speak for everyone!

I wonder if Sonny is going to single-handedly save everyone again?

This is going to sound pretentious. Hell, it is pretentious.  I'll own it.  Then one thing I would think about facebook is that vocal fans are limited to those who willingly put out, not just to the public at large, but to their families and likely co-workers, that they watch General Hospital.  So, it skews toward a certain sect of the audience, -- or more accurately it fails to include the sect who watch but aren't willing to tell either the public or the people in their lives that they watch.  And that's the boat I'm currently in.

If this were the 1980s or 1990s, and facebook existed then, I might have 'liked' General Hospital on facebook. And defend it. I was completely open about watching it in the mid 1990s when I spent a lot of time with snobby, pretentious types, and I defended GH and didn't make a secret out of it being my perhaps guilty pleasure.  I always came to its defense, and often said that while the lows are low (in quality, production, stories, acting, etc.), but that the highs were high, and that some of the most touching and compelling moments of television I had ever seen was on daytime.

Today, I have a facebook account. But my friends include workplace acquaintances, former classmates, family members and the like.   wouldn't be caught dead liking General Hospital on facebook at this point in time.   Then again, I don't even like my current favorite shows, because I'm just not that open on facebook.  The information mining, etc., is truly scary. 

And this isn't to say that some people can have totally different attitudes and approaches.  I'm not saying that the facebook crowd is any lesser in taste, wit, professionalism, etc. And I'm not saying that some of the best, bravest, smartest, etc. viewers aren't making their voice heard on facebook.  They may very well be. I'm just saying it'll tend to skew away from the more private, self conscious (and perhaps occasional) viewers.

Maybe this is just a long way of saying "you're not going to get as many 'hate watchers' liking General Hospital on facebook. 

The anvils were heavy that it was Mickey

Who is Mickey?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

I just can't with these Facebook people. They love Sonny, they love Spencer, and apparently they're also rampant homophobes since they complain about not wanting to see Lucas/Brad sex because "it's in the bible!"  GROSS.

This I do not understand since Ron is clearly writing Spencer as a young Nathan Lane

• Love 2

Mickey Diamond. The Fluke mob flunkie who gave Alice her heart.

Thank you, tvgoddess.  One of the side effects of "barge watching" (aka watching only sporadically and staying abreast of the show through social media: My long-term memory and knowledge of GH far eclipses my short-term ones.

BTW, can we recast Spencer with this kid, pleeeeeeeeeease:

http://youtu.be/COCLdFdmwMs?t=1s

This is now my go to clip for everything I can't remember about GH.

I forgot to mention how much I appreciated Duke's strange, shambling return on Thursday's show. Sort of shuffling out of the offscreen darkness, slowly creeping towards Sonny, who clearly was thinking, "who let you in?" Then offering a bizarre gift from an old man: "I know Emma had a mobile much like this one. In fact, it is hers; I have stolen it."

• Love 5