Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ron is writing Tracy Q as if she is lobotomized. He has to think the viewers are too. Tracy conveniently left how how desperate Luke was to get help her get ELQ back.I swear if this FauxLuke story doesn't end next month, I will have a black out rage & not be responsible for what I do. Why is Tracy willing to give up a company she has fought her whole life to control away for LUKE!

Sam & Patrick were useless in Amsterdam. I guess the purpose for them going was so they could share a bed & Sam could have a steamy dream.

Of course, every contrived reason to prolong the reveal of Jake's true identity of Jason will occur because that's how asshat Ron roles.

Was I suppose to care about Magda or Nina because I don't & won't.

Constance T. always looks great.

Aw, Br2 were so sweet talking about how they are going to miss living together. Nice hearing hoe Brad & Lucas are spending all this time together off screen. #MakesSense. Who wants to see the development of a relationship when you can hear about them off hand during a scene.  All the writers of TV, movies & books must be wrong than asshat hack Ron.

What's a Lucas?

This cracks me up every time. So sad but so true.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2
Patrick needs to be boiled in a large pot.

I now have the visual of the poor doomed bunny from Fatal Attraction in my head. (Although the bunny didn't deserve it like Patrick does!) Thanks for that, CPP83.  :-P

• Love 2

They can play these people five days a week and I still will never care about the Obrecht/Westbourne/etc. insta-clan. The Britt/Nathan "heyyyyy broooooo" scenes are always beyond painfully forced to me - they barely know each other, and I don't see that changing any time soon - and the Nathan/Obrecht scene at the police station the other day was difficult to watch. With KS last week Ryan Paevey was actually at ease for once, but trying to make him play heavy drama does not work. And I've already enumerated at length my utter disinterest in Kelly Thiebaud.

I don't care how many powerhouse actresses they try to hire or how many twists they try to hurl to shore this apparatus up. There's no foundation, there's no character, and Kathleen Gati and Donna Mills' back catalog of primetime soap legend cannot carry this. Just stop. I'm begging. Especially when it's clear the only reason any of this is really happening is to cobble together a justification for them keeping Kathleen Gati, which Kathleen Gati does not need.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
I know. I wonder if JE goes home and gets roaring drunk so she doesn't have to think about it. I would.

I honestly imagine Jane has forgotten every stitch of dialogue and even who was in the scene with her by the time her foot hits the parking lot to go home at night.

It's really the only sane way to cope.

• Love 2

I forgot to add that I'm tired of hearing about "The Golden Girls" & "Knots Landing". You've beat this shit to death Ron, Let. It. Go!

Also, I forgot to mention this yesterday, but they showed the ad for "Nashville" with JJ in it again today have they done that before & I never noticed?

• Love 5
while Anna just stands around PC with a coffee and a nonexistence plan to recapture Dr. EvO when her own beloved daughter is in another bloody country and she isn't plotting or planning to find out what the hell is the matter with her?

Ron is writing Tracy Q as if she is lobotomized.

Why sign a two-year deal to an actress to portray a character that the audience hasn't been given any reason form a bond with?  What a waste of money and screen time.  To make matters worse, bring in two older female characters (when we already have two grand dames) and a cute new guy and WE STILL DO NOT CARE.   At least the wallpaper in Maxie's apartment keeps me entertained.

Edited by sunnyface

I forgot to add that I'm tired of hearing about "The Golden Girls" & "Knots Landing". You've beat this shit to death Ron, Let. It. Go!

I actually groaned outloud when Britt mentioned the Golden Girls. Enough! Fucking enough! Also fucking enough with Nina pronouncing it Ava jjjjzzzzzzzerome. Someone on that set needs to STOP Michelle Stafford.

Nathan's robo-rants amuse/horrify me. "Don't you GIT what. you did to NINA Moth-Made. Line?"

I hate Tracy. Thanks show! When she was ranting that Patrick and Sam would do what she was doing if it was for Robin or Jason I wanted them to point out that Jason and Robin actually would do the same thing in return for them, unlike Luke. Jason was the most passive-aggressive boyfriend/husband in the world to Sam but at least he didn't go off every summer to sleep with hookers and then laugh about it and get annoyed when Sam didn't want him drinking gambling or cheating with hookers.

Like I said before, Billy Miller would have been so much better as Lucky. He's the right age, the right look. He acted like Lucky today. And how much more effective would it have been if Dante and Liz were talking to Lucky, their friend and husband, instead of random Jason. I don't mind Jason coming back and think eventually he should but it just seems a much smarter choice to have the recast be Lucky right now. 

• Love 9

It's not like Tracy got great writing Guza or anything.  But what bums me out about her current pathetic state is that these writers gave her one amazing, shining moment - the epic "not going to accept crumbs" speech to Luke - and then...just completely forgot about it.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329

Gotta pop up for a moment and thank your beautiful people for taking one for the proverbial team.  I only worked a half day today but was able to get home while the show was still on and...wow.  This is some poorly written, low rent fecal matter. 

• Love 1

The problem is they gave her that wonderful speech not once, but at least twice - twice over the last couple years! She has done multiple variations of that same spiel about Tracy's crumbs, and then proceeded to take Luke back anyway. Part of that, IMO, is because Genie Francis told them to fuck off when she couldn't get a long-term contract. But still.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

It's not like Tracy got great writing Guza or anything.  But what bums me out about her current pathetic state is that these writers gave her one amazing, shining moment - the epic "not going to accept crumbs" speech to Luke - and then...just completely forgot about it.  Ugh.

Oh no definitely not. This is just more "straw that broke the camel's back" thing.

I forgot to say, I'm so not interested in seeing Helena's master plan. Ugh. It's gonna make no sense and lead no where and Ron is just gonna pile random villain on top of random villain and somehow Obrecht will save the day with a performance of "Wilkommen".

• Love 2

So I usually have GH in the background and never thought my kids paid any attention to it. Most of the time I don't either. But today, after Silas got done raking stupid Nina over the coals, my son turned around and said, wow, I've never heard that guy yell like that. 

Michael Easton should always play angry and bitter, preferably with anyone other than Michelle Stafford.

• Love 5

Ron is going overboard with Liz/Jason. Holding hands like lovers, the "You're somebody to me" line from Liz. It's been like, a DAY. And I need to see BM in scenes with other people pronto. Dante was a start.

I love ME when he actually gets to emote. I'm so happy the Nina shit is finally out in the open. I did not like how they are still making Silas all about his Samantha pain, though. Him being tied to her will not end well in terms of his employment.

Couldn't care less about Britt/Nik/Spencer. Britt and Brad were sweet today, though.

Can they please stop having Dr. O judge other characters? It looks ridic.

Another thing that's ridic? Having Patty just stand there while Jerry runs his mouth. 2007 Patty would have punched him in the throat. Jerry was right when he told Sam that all Patty does is stare at him.

And LOL that Tracy told Patty that "Wasn't there a time that you'd do anything for Robin?" as if he wouldn't NOW. He should be embarrassed.

Sam needs to stop saying Spencer heard Luke!!!!!! A child is not the end all, be all source!!!

Surprised to see Hells in Amsterdam working with peeps in PC to keep Jason in the dark. Also interesting that her plans involve Jerry, although does he really need to be involved in another Robin kidnapping? Snore.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Also interesting that her plans involve Jerry, although does he really need to be involved in another Robin kidnapping? Snore.

I didn't even think of that, UGH.  I guess that's why the writers had Patrick remember he has/had a wife yesterday.

It's gonna make no sense and lead no where and Ron is just gonna pile random villain on top of random villain and somehow Obrecht will save the day with a performance of "Wilkommen".

They should have her sing 'Tomorrow Belongs to Me' -- at least that might have some actual bite to it.

Also interesting that her plans involve Jerry, although does he really need to be involved in another Robin kidnapping? Snore.

Why not? Maybe they can have Jerry kidnap Robin from the kidnapping that kidnapped her from her previous, in progress, kidnapping.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 13

Your postings are a lot better than the show. I have more fun reading .

This times a gazillion.

At this point I'm basically habit-watching. Just get on with it already! Frank(o) needs to tell Michael about AJ, is that too much to ask? Yeah, I know, it's way too much to ask.

As far as Jakson is concerned, if Jason Quartermaine remembers he's a Quartermaine and also remembers all the Jason Morgan crap and is disgusted by what Sonny did to him, (taking advantage of a brain damaged Jason Q) AJ, and Michael, I will be ok with Jakson being on TFGH. (run on sentence much? lol)

There is nothing to root for on this show.

• Love 7

Nik: "I'm really glad you're back"

Translation: I need a new bedwarmer. I mean, he just told Spencer that he still isn't sure he can trust her, but he brings her not only into his home, but his bed? I wish she'd grow a spine and tell him to FOAD. And from the looks of the previews, she already did something to piss him off, unless it's a dream?

When did Helena take over the FLuke empire? Is she just a stand-in until Geary comes back next month (or whenever)?

Tracy continues to be an idiot.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2

I didn't even think of that, UGH. I guess that's why the writers had Patrick remember he has/had a wife yesterday.

And once again, Patty has NO idea and is not involved at all in finding her. It's so dumb. I don't need a sequel to stupidity.

• Love 1

Maybe I was expecting more (as in something, anything), but I was completely underwhelmed by Silas and Nina today. I thought she was supposed to tip her finely manicured yet psychotic hand (is that tomorrow?). I thought she was supposed to throw all of his philandering ways back in his face. If that was the extent of it, it wasn't enough. Easton finally found a pulse, but it's too late.  I kept wondering if his attempt at rage exhausted him.

Poor Brit, she is so living on borrowed time. Maybe if she gets pregnant her offspring will be less annoying than Spencer.

Billy Miller looks good.

So here is how I am viewing the Billy Miller as Jason Morgan storyline, with an entirely new sparkly personality.  I think of it as Jason Bourne, who didn't remember he was a cold blooded killer, and when he lost his memory he surfaced as this nice romantic protective guy--who also highly skilled as killing people.

• Love 5
Poor Brit, she is so living on borrowed time. Maybe if she gets pregnant her offspring will be less annoying than Spencer.

No chance. Spencer is a mirror image of his daddy, an entitled whiny snot. And assuming Britt gets knocked up by Nik, there's a 50% chance right off the bat. Nik should have been sterile. As should Who.

Please for the love of god have NuJason/Jake interact with someone not Liz. But I think we are stuck with them for a while. 

Tracy is so annoying. Luke is the worst thing for her. I hated Jason more than anything but he was never as bad to Sam as Luke is to Tracy.

Another day with my ~fav~ Nina. At least Silas yelled at the shrew for once. And please dont put Silas back with Sam they were so boring.

• Love 2
Please for the love of god have NuJason/Jake interact with someone not Liz. But I think we are stuck with them for a while.

At least until Sam gets back from Amsterdam and meets Silas at GH to discuss things. Monica won't learn that it's Jason until next year.

As far as Jakson is concerned, if Jason Quartermaine remembers he's a Quartermaine and also remembers all the Jason Morgan crap and is disgusted by what Sonny did to him, (taking advantage of a brain damaged Jason Q) AJ, and Michael, I will be ok with Jakson being on TFGH. (run on sentence much? lol)

This would be a fantastic story, but will justice be done to the characters and history? Or will it be like that episode of Gilligan's Island where one bonk on the head with a coconut changes your personality, and another bonk is needed to change you back? 

Constance T. always looks great.

She had me worried today; looking a little gaunt under the makeup. 

Donna Mills face and neck were different colours. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 4

I think I read something somewhere that Carly was going to start having scenes with him and have her own 'connection' -- it's possible that it came at me in a nightmare, though. Why the Carly/Jason "friendship" has to be so damned sacrosanct is beyond me. If t'were I, that's one relationship I would completely alter with nuJason's return. If he just shows up again after all the shit that's gone down and goes right back to cleaning up Sonny and Carly's messes and lives to be at their beck and call, and just instantly 'understands' everything they've done... what's the point?

Carly being with Franco at all should be an insurmountable problem between Jakson and Carly. Hell, look at the way Jason treated Sam when they believed she had been raped by Franco... Carly being with that assjack willingly should be the absolute final limit for Jakson... tumor or no tumor.

• Love 9

Women hath had their broken uteruses become magically cured by his magical peen.

Clearly, Billy Miller is playing AJ, since Sam hasn't run back to Port Charles, having multiple orgasms and pregnant with twins to cage fight Liz for him.

Who's uterus did he magically cure?

• Love 1

I think I read something somewhere that Carly was going to start having scenes with him and have her own 'connection' -- it's possible that it came at me in a nightmare, though. Why the Carly/Jason "friendship" has to be so damned sacrosanct is beyond me.

I think it's because she obviously was in romantic love with him and he did not give a fuck. At least, with Laura Wright's Carly. I think that's one thing that made her Carly palatable to me - she obviously (imo) had this big flaming torch for him and he didn't return her love. I don't think I've seen any other character have a forever unrequited love like Carly has had for Jason the past decade. They either move on or their love gets returned.

• Love 3

It's incredibly difficult to care about a storyline, when you know it will never have a payoff.  That every episode is a continuous flow of near misses, of villains checking the computer at the right time, that there will be "twist" after "twist", that Helena and Jerry will never die.  I don't care how great the actors are, their characters have long outlived their usefulness.

• Love 10

Why not just bring BM on as a new character or as AJ with amnesia or something if you're not gonna even attempt to have him play any of Jason's qualities?Why not just bring BM on as a new character or as AJ with amnesia or something if you're not gonna even attempt to have him play any of Jason's qualities?

Jason had qualities?

Eh, Billy Miller is hot and can act, so if we're stuck with a newbie airhog, I can deal with this.

• Love 4

It's incredibly difficult to care about a storyline, when you know it will never have a payoff. That every episode is a continuous flow of near misses, of villains checking the computer at the right time, that there will be "twist" after "twist", that Helena and Jerry will never die. I don't care how great the actors are, their characters have long outlived their usefulness.

I completely agree. The EVUL characters win on Ron's GH. And quite frankly, I'm beyond over it.

• Love 1

I think it's because she obviously was in romantic love with him and he did not give a fuck. At least, with Laura Wright's Carly. I think that's one thing that made her Carly palatable to me - she obviously (imo) had this big flaming torch for him and he didn't return her love.

I agree. And it's when LW took over the role that the Carly/Jason relationship became truly unhealthy. It was never all that functional, but at least SJB's and TB's Carlys had some independence from Jason. LW's Carly is so obsessed with Jason that she couldn't let him have a honeymoon without barging in. She puts him above everyone else in her life.

I don't mean to let Jason off the hook here; he rarely enforced any boundaries with her. But he didn't actively seek out involvement in her life.

I always chuckled at Carly's reaction to a new woman in Jason's life. You know it was eating her alive that it wasn't her.

The EVUL characters win on Ron's GH.

At least everyone knows they're EVUL and we aren't supposed to think otherwise.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I don't think I've seen any other character have a forever unrequited love like Carly has had for Jason the past decade. They either move on or their love gets returned.

I guess that's the real question in regards to nuJason then. Will Ron fulfill Carly's dream at last? Will the new Jason finally return Carly's love? And if so... what then? What happens if Carly gets what she's actively yearned for for twenty years?

We all know she'd fuck it up almost immediately but, really, if she's been holding onto this dream in her heart of hearts for so long and finally gets it. Then what? And I can't really get over the concept of Carly being rewarded with Jason after she's been fucking the guy who tortured him and his wife for so long before he got rolled off the docks.

And the thing is, I find the Carly/Jason friendship to be rather lazy when it comes down to it... because I don't think it's a real, honest friendship. It's Carly wanting Jason and doing everything in her power to be The Most Important Person to him (usually riding Michael's coattails for that honor) while she doesn't do a damn thing for him in return. She takes and takes and takes and takes and takes because that's all she can get from him. And he lets her until he gets fed up which results in him rolling his eyes for a day or maybe even yelling at her so she can put on her pouty face. He should destroy her for her involvement with Franco. Full on, scorched earth destroy because whatever arguments one can make about Franco having a tumor (bullshit) -- Carly didn't and everything she's done with Franco has been willing on her part... 

I fear that the Horror Wedding Fallout is going to result in Poor Widdle Carly... she got tricked by Franco and he wrecked her life! She's suffered enough!

No. She never will.

• Love 8

LW's Carly is so obsessed with Jason that she couldn't let him have a honeymoon without barging in.

And why did she run to him in Hawaii...what was that reason again...oh yeah...the SERIAL KILLER she's currently banging and engaged to was threatening her daughter!

• Love 5

I think it's because she obviously was in romantic love with him and he did not give a fuck. At least, with Laura Wright's Carly. I think that's one thing that made her Carly palatable to me - she obviously (imo) had this big flaming torch for him and he didn't return her love. I don't think I've seen any other character have a forever unrequited love like Carly has had for Jason the past decade. They either move on or their love gets returned.

And this is something that always needs to be pointed out when people say that Carly always wins--she may have gotten away with many things, she may have won many things, but one thing she has NEVER won is romantic love from Jason. For us, that may not seem like a huge loss compared to other things she should have lost, but I'm sure to her that is her biggest loss (when she's acting like herself, that is). 

• Love 1

And this is something that always needs to be pointed out when people say that Carly always wins--she may have gotten away with many things, she may have won many things, but one thing she has NEVER won is romantic love from Jason.

So?

So she didn't get one thing? She destroys lives left, right and center but because she didn't get Jason to love her... who cares? Is that supposed to humanize her somehow because all I've ever seen it do is make her more entitled, more depraved and more desperate to destroy anything good Jason might find in his life because he didn't find it with her.

And despite not getting Jason to fuck her out of love, she sure hasn't been deprived of him in any other facet of her life. Just because he doesn't have sex with her doesn't mean she's somehow this fallible, understandable creature. She's still a freaking monster... she still will happily destroy his life if it means she gets to remain the major part of it. And since she barely batted an eye when he did get rolled off the docks why should I give a shit that she never bagged him for real? She was too busy jumping on the guy who gave Jason's baby away followed by the serial killer who tormented and tortured Jason for over a year.

Wah, poor Carly-izzums. No. She didn't get the man she wanted and she should never get him. She's horrible. (So is he but getting him would make her happy so it must never happen.) I hope he cuts her out completely... because that is a story that actually makes sense at this point in time.

• Love 15

I think there is zero chance they're going there with Carly and NuJason. I just don't see that happening. They may play with it, but it just won't go. And I think it would break the very delicate balance of that dysfunctional but very realistic relationship.

• Love 3

So?

So she didn't get one thing? She destroys lives left, right and center but because she didn't get Jason to love her... who cares? Is that supposed to humanize her somehow because all I've ever seen it do is make her more entitled, more depraved and more desperate to destroy anything good Jason might find in his life because he didn't find it with her.

Oh no, I agree with you completely. I just meant that that's something she never got, although it's minor compared to the things she should have lost.  Sorry for the confusion there. 

Carly is the perfect example of a woman who never understood the No Contact Rule. She must have thought that hanging around Jason would convince him that SHE is the one who he should be with, but obviously that never happened. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

I guess that's the real question in regards to nuJason then. Will Ron fulfill Carly's dream at last? Will the new Jason finally return Carly's love? And if so... what then? What happens if Carly gets what she's actively yearned for for twenty years?

No way. They're not putting Laura Wright with Billy Miller. I will eat my hat if that happens. It's gonna be Sam or Liz or freaking Kiki, heh.But not Carly.

So?

Honestly I think it does humanize her a bit. Not completely or where I'm shedding tears for her but a little. And I blame Jason 100% for indulging Carly. He could have stopped it at any time. He liked being her hero.

And since she barely batted an eye when he did get rolled off the docks why should I give a shit that she never bagged him for real? She was too busy jumping on the guy who gave Jason's baby away followed by the serial killer who tormented and tortured Jason for over a year.

That was soooooooo out of character for her though that I just can't hold it against her. I do, however, hold it against her for constantly bearing her teeth at me. And being a she-beast in general, heh.

• Love 6

No way. They're not putting Laura Wright with Billy Miller. I will eat my hat if that happens. It's gonna be Sam or Liz or freaking Kiki, heh.But not Carly.

And you'll notice LW wasn't clamoring to be paired with Miller when it was first announced that he was going to be on the show, at least not to my knowledge. Maybe she learned her lesson with RoHo about being careful about what you wish for.

• Love 4