Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or the MetroCourt? Putting Rebecca Budig and Curtis there was so random. Has he even met any of the Qs?

Maybe Monica?  I feel like he's met Monica.

(edited)

Nobody, not even Monica looks at Michael and tells him how much he reminds them of AJ

Michael isn't fat.  

And Guza will always, by a long and wide margin be the worst writer to ever pen GH.

Possibly. I'd have to think about it. The worst of Guza was just breathtakingly awful. Like, "I need a shower after watching that" awful. Most soap writers' worst is just dull.  

And I can't go along with the view I've seen expressed that Guza knew how to write soap. When? He knew how to write shitty ripoffs of gangster movies and crime dramas, and he enjoyed the humiliation of women, which is a theme running through his work all the way back to Curtains. If I were going to say, "Yeah, X's run on the show was pretty bad, but at least s/he was a real soap writer who obviously believes in the conventions of the genre," I'd nominate someone like McTavish over Guza. Guza wrote soap as though he were too cool and edgy for it.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

He did dumb mob shit, but he also did the Cassadines and the Spencers, LL2, and  one of the best triangles in daytime. He allowed the dumb mob shit to gradually swallow everything else and that sucks but there was good soap before that - and there was good soap despite that. By the time he was replaced I think he was far, far past his sell-by date but there are Guza era stories that I have rewatched more than once. I'm hard-pressed to think of a story McTavish did that I genuinely liked, but I'd still take her over what we have right now.  

Ugh. And that's all the Guza defending I'm going to do. This is what 5 years of FV and his mega-soap bullshit have done to me 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I will never forget KA Kiki's tepid "That was nice" after the first time they Did It, especially because their tru wuv sex was played against Morgan and Ava's actually hot Doing It.

Ha!!! I remember that so well because my mind was trying to figure out how they could look so lamely unsexy when they were a couple in real life (unless I have my timing wrong, I'm pretty sure they were together IRL at that point).

It's a shame really, Michael has all the ingredients on paper, the messed up childhood, the really bad examples of love from his mother to his fake father and pretty much everyone he knows, the legitimate anger he continues to push down re: Sonny murdering AJ, the money, the power, the 50 Shades of Suits, no actual friends who aren't related to him in one way or another, and the constant fixing of everyone's problems.... maybe I read too many $.99 Kindle steamy romances but Michael should be hotly going through women like water until he buys his true love at an exclusive billionaire virginity auction. Sorry, got a little carried away there, but he should at least be flipping somebody around hotly like Morgan and Ava as you said. I hate to even say these words but Sonny and Ava in the crypt were even hotter than Michael and anyone (damn, it hurt typing those words but we all know it was Ava who made any of that disgusting crypt sex less vanilla than usual).

On another note, I actually watched those Sonny and Carly kissing/whatever scenes with my steamy-filled Kindle held up in the air covering their faces.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't like how there is rarely a connection to history among the Sonny supporters.  Instead of Bobbie telling Joss repeatedly that what she did was wrong while Joss says that she just wanted to have a good time for a bit between her mother and Sonny and Morgan and everything else bad in her life (I notice she didn't mention the loss of Jax in that list), Bobbie should have said "Look, I know what you're going through.  I was like that once.  But it's not a good road to go down, take it from me.  Let's see how we can make things better for you without the illegal drinking."

But that would mean giving up the precious moral ground of supporting Sonny and Carly, who actions are always justified. Since Joss drank the forbidden underaged liquor, she is as wrong as AJ is fat.

Watch for Bobbie to blackmail Joss into giving lipservice to support Sonny so that all dissention is suppressed.

With last episode's vertical mambo, the PFMs killed off any siblinghood like Kannie stabbing Cake.

• Love 3

Is the show really trying to sell Carson as a love story for the ages? Because, no.

Michael/Nelle wasn't awful but it certainly wasn't hot. Or even warm. There's just no 'there' there.

Joss and Oscar are cute. And I loved when she asked Bobbie 'didn't you do anything stupid when you were my age?' Guess she doesn't know what grandma Bobbie actually did as a teenager, huh? ;)

• Love 6

Sonny and Carly aren't a love story for the ages, but I prefer them together to saddling them, especially Sonny, to unsuspecting victims. 

I wonder how much Joss knows about Bobbie or Carly's pasts.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

But that would mean giving up the precious moral ground of supporting Sonny and Carly, who actions are always justified. Since Joss drank the forbidden underaged liquor, she is as wrong as AJ is fat.

Watch for Bobbie to blackmail Joss into giving lipservice to support Sonny so that all dissention is suppressed.

No surprise there.  It's all just marking time till Joss realized how wonderful Sonny is again.

It's kind of too bad though to waste the potential storyline. This is the time for teenage parties and drinking and it could bring in the teen/young adult scene the show keeps ignoring.  There could be an incident at the party with a girl (not Joss) and they could get into the whole teenage drinking & drugs thing.  I was listening to a speaker talk about what to do when you think someone is not sober enough to consent, They could write a whole peer pressure/conflicted story.  Michael could talk to Joss about the addictions in his family and how he's aware that he could down that road too.

There's also what Joss said, about all the bad things that have happened recently in her life and how she wants to feel better for a while.  Why are only Sonny and Carly allowed to be endlessly upset about Morgan?  How about Joss, losing both her half-brother and her father?  She deserves a chance to self-medicate.  They could also tie her deserve to party to Bobbie's youth and her lack of self-esteem back in the day and rivalry with Laura. What's the point of having vets on the show if  you're not going to use their stories?

There is so much more potential to this than just a stick to beat Joss with to love Sonny again.

4 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

It's a shame really, Michael has all the ingredients on paper, the messed up childhood, the really bad examples of love from his mother to his fake father and pretty much everyone he knows, the legitimate anger he continues to push down re: Sonny murdering AJ, the money, the power, the 50 Shades of Suits, no actual friends who aren't related to him in one way or another, and the constant fixing of everyone's problems.... maybe I read too many $.99 Kindle steamy romances but Michael should be hotly going through women like water until he buys his true love at an exclusive billionaire virginity auction.

CD isn't bad-looking, if a little bland, but Michael is really the most milquetoast billionaire CEO to grace the sets of a TV soap opera that I can remember.  Why is he even deferring to his mother about his relationship with Nelle?  It seems like even kid sister Joss has more gumption than he does.

It's a waste of the character to keep him down by making his most important function to be a prop to Carson.

ETA:

I wonder how much Joss knows about Bobbie or Carly's pasts.

I'd bet she knows nothing.  Carly especially is not the "let me tell you about my mistakes so you don't make your own" type.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Ha!!! I remember that so well because my mind was trying to figure out how they could look so lamely unsexy when they were a couple in real life (unless I have my timing wrong, I'm pretty sure they were together IRL at that point).

It's a shame really, Michael has all the ingredients on paper, the messed up childhood, the really bad examples of love from his mother to his fake father and pretty much everyone he knows, the legitimate anger he continues to push down re: Sonny murdering AJ, the money, the power, the 50 Shades of Suits, no actual friends who aren't related to him in one way or another, and the constant fixing of everyone's problems.... maybe I read too many $.99 Kindle steamy romances but Michael should be hotly going through women like water until he buys his true love at an exclusive billionaire virginity auction. Sorry, got a little carried away there, but he should at least be flipping somebody around hotly like Morgan and Ava as you said. I hate to even say these words but Sonny and Ava in the crypt were even hotter than Michael and anyone (damn, it hurt typing those words but we all know it was Ava who made any of that disgusting crypt sex less vanilla than usual).

On another note, I actually watched those Sonny and Carly kissing/whatever scenes with my steamy-filled Kindle held up in the air covering their faces.

I'd watch that Micheal.   He sounds interesting.

• Love 2

Jason's horror at Sam taking Sonny's name in vain would be funny if it wasn't so sad/pathetic.

And can we not with this "Sonny is leaving the business, for realsies this time!" shit.  We know it's not gonna happen so it's just a waste of time.

• Love 19

I finally connected with Sam today. Her frustration and anger are totally justified, and Jason brushing her off and suggesting she call Alexis was so patronizing. Sam's definitely suffering from anxiety, but that doesn't negate her concerns with Jason's willingness to jump into danger for Sonny's sake. Her feelings are valid, and I hate that it seems like they're blaming everything on her anxiety, and that all she needs is a doctor to help her back into the ride or die mindset.

Why are they even going through the motions of Sonny abandoning the business? We all know that's a load of bullshit. Sonny and Carly feed off their dysfunction, they wouldn't be able to cope with a normal life. 

Liesl is such a one note villain and Finn is such a smug jerk that I can't be bothered with any of their mess, though I'm glad they got Monica involved. A story on GH involving Monica and the hospital, will wonders never cease.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jason's horror at Sam taking Sonny's name in vain would be funny if it wasn't so sad/pathetic.

And can we not with this "Sonny is leaving the business, for realsies this time!" shit.  We know it's not gonna happen so it's just a waste of time.

Unless they're writing with cancellation in mind.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How come Carly didn't bring up the last time Sonny tried to leave the business . . . but couldn't. Even if they weren't married at the time (I'm too lazy to look it up right now.), I'm sure she would have known about it. 

The look on Sonny's face while Carly was explaining all the things that could happen if someone else took over cracked me up. All I could think of was the face a primitive tribesman would make when seeing a "magic" electronic device for the first time. 

• Love 3

I couldn't help laughing as Sonny pulled out that massive gun from the box   Such a penis analogy.

Sonny and Carly get back together again as he says he's done with the business --> everyone cheers.  Julian and Alexis in the same room --> Kristina freaks out and lectures her mother on never getting together with the mobster again.  Sorry show, I don't see that much difference between Sonny and Julian, other than Julian's had less time to ruin other people's lives.

Shut up Curtis.  Is your ego so small that you can't go undercover as a deliveryman or security guard, you have to have the status of being in IT?

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Linny said:

Liesl is such a one note villain and Finn is such a smug jerk that I can't be bothered with any of their mess

It makes me sad that, if this is Dr. O's final evil scheme (and I'm getting the vibe that it is), that it's so pathetic.  Oh Liesl, how far you've fallen.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Joss and Oscar are cute. And I loved when she asked Bobbie 'didn't you do anything stupid when you were my age?' Guess she doesn't know what grandma Bobbie actually did as a teenager, huh? ;)

Oh would I love to see Bobbie tapdance around Joss accusing her of being a call-girl as a teenager! Carly, Joss's mother,  is the product of a call-girl appointment; doesn't Joss know that little fact about her mother?

• Love 1
(edited)

Only on GH would statements like the ones Sam made today be a red flag for SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH YOUR WOMAN PARTS.   I didn't connect with anything Sam said because it sounds ridiculous coming from her, just like it does with Carly.  These women are not new to the world and they don't put children first. Neither are Sonny or Jason, so this wailing about putting Sonny before family is not normal. She's always known that. No wonder Jason was patronizing the shit out of her. Although I did get a kick out of Jason treating her like she was loco.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It makes me sad that, if this is Dr. O's final evil scheme (and I'm getting the vibe that it is), that it's so pathetic.  Oh Liesl, how far you've fallen.

Ooooh.  How I loved the Dr. O that Lucy ran into that night in the park!  Dr. O should have been the next uber villain that took over Helena's role as her medical schemes cause havoc to push stories along.  Dr. O and her fierce hat and overall evilness is what I miss.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Oh would I love to see Bobbie tapdance around Joss accusing her of being a call-girl as a teenager! Carly, Joss's mother,  is the product of a call-girl appointment; doesn't Joss know that little fact about her mother?

No accusation is needed. Bobbie was, unfortunately, a teenage hooker. She doesn't need to be slut-shamed by anyone about it. And the circumstances of Carly's birth are no fault of Carly's, and not really Bobbie's, either.

The point of bringing up someone's past is for a teachable moment: to show that there are usually other, less harmful choices that one can make. Not to harangue them for making mistakes.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

CD isn't bad-looking, if a little bland, but Michael is really the most milquetoast billionaire CEO to grace the sets of a TV soap opera that I can remember.  Why is he even deferring to his mother about his relationship with Nelle?  It seems like even kid sister Joss has more gumption than he does.

It's a waste of the character to keep him down by making his most important function to be a prop to Carson.

Ever since we had that brief period of MichaelWithOutPity I've noticed the potential in him, I agree the way he's being written as a prop for Carson is a complete waste of what could be a layered complex character. And Nelle isn't helping change any of that by being so lame and vanilla, and she's another waste of a character. If they insist on doing the same stories over and over, why don't they go the original Lucy Coe route with Nelle, when Lucy was the "don't drink don't smoke what do you do" librarian by day then turned into the sexy temptress all those years ago? So. Much. Wasted. Potential.

4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'd watch that Micheal.   He sounds interesting.

Right? I'd watch the hell out of that. And it drives me crazy because they've got so much history to work with that could turn Michael into a womanizing billionaire, damn, he could still keep a bit of his savior complex by buying some young woman from a billionaire virgin auction, (hot sex included after they have a push/pull attraction) and she resents him for buying her virginity so she can get the million dollars she needs to save her deadbeat Dad from his gambling debts and Michael tries to ignore their attraction and respect her virginity until they have crazy hot monkey sex that turns into true love and I should start reading some other category of books lol.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny and Carly get back together again as he says he's done with the business --> everyone cheers.  Julian and Alexis in the same room --> Kristina freaks out and lectures her mother on never getting together with the mobster again.  Sorry show, I don't see that much difference between Sonny and Julian, other than Julian's had less time to ruin other people's lives.

Except that Julian is 10,000 times better looking than Sonny, and I say this as someone who thinks WdV's looks are fairly mediocre.

35 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What if they bring Drew Garrett back?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3055837/mediaviewer/rm886705408

YOW.  ZAH!

• Love 6

Working off the clock isn't conscientious, it's wage theft.

Something causes Sonny to take stock of his life, he says he's going to change, he doesn't. Lather, rinse, repeat every few years. I'm amused that somehow it's Jason's fault that Sonny can't get out of the mob. "If only he hadn't died five years ago!" Yes, how dare Jason suffer some consequences of his choices.

And once again Sonny calls Kristina "sweetheart" in a way that sounds abusive rather than loving.

LOL at Monica in the background of Sam and Jason fighting. "Nothing to see here; I'm just standing around awkwardly trying not to hear anything!"  And ugh, this Sam stuff is working itself up to rage-blackout levels for me.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Today did feel like they're slowly trying to wrap things up.

Have Lauren and Curtis met? If they have, shame on her for not recognizing him. A hat and glasses don't a disguise make, pace Clark Kent.

• Love 1
(edited)

The last scene should be Sonny getting on a bus headed to bensonhurst after he blows up the hospital.

Sonny, jason, and julian were portayed as kind,  sensitive and generous dads and spouses/boyfriend once again. Then again, even if they take the mob out, these guys can not be painted in a better light than they are portrayed now.  i really do not want to watch these characters even if they turn over a new leaf.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Have Lauren and Curtis met? I

At the Nurse's Ball?  Otherwise, I can't think of a storyline where they would have.  Heck, she hasn't even run into Finn yet so that she can do a double take at how he looks like her dead father.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The point of bringing up someone's past is for a teachable moment: to show that there are usually other, less harmful choices that one can make. Not to harangue them for making mistakes.

Or to knock them off their high horse when they're being snide, judging, and/or condescending about someone's behavior when it's extremely hypocritical.  Carly would have to actually acknowledge having made mistakes (aside from 'betrayal of Jason'), for them to be a teachable moment.   Bobbie had zero interest in a "teachable moment" when she was trying to convince Michael that Nelle will be bad for him; Josslyn's eye roll was the perfect response.  The air of superiority JZ is bringing to the scenes make it pretty clear she's not going to talk about the devious or destructive things she did when she was younger (but an adult). The only reason Michael now knows details about the grossness of Carly's past is because after talking to AJ, he confronted her, pushed for answers, and got angry when he could tell she was trying to worm her way out of being straight with him (and even as she admitted the truth, was spewing excuses).  I love how, during Bobbie's b-day party, Carly's little speech to her in front of the fam was "I wasn't very nice to you in the beginning." LOL - wow, that is a quite a white wash of seducing her husband as revenge for the crime of being given up for adoption.

I really wish Joss heard that Sonny was responsible for disabling her dad's plane when she was a child.  She so deserves to tell her mom and Grandma Bobbie to STFU about defending the S&C relationship or criticizing her error in judgement, given everything that has happened in their lives. Bobbie needs to shut up, period, since she still adores her brother Luke after the heinous things he's done.

• Love 9

I thought that Michael and Rosalie had pretty good chemistry. Maybe he needs someone with a little edge because I think Chad can be sexy. Him hating on Sonny and Carly was freaking hot- I miss that Michael dearly.

I like Joss and Oscar. Maybe there is something wrong with me and I need to go back to not watching. Carly and Sonny are still having the same conversation years later, and Jason is still a jackass whose number one love is Sonny.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

No accusation is needed. Bobbie was, unfortunately, a teenage hooker. She doesn't need to be slut-shamed by anyone about it. And the circumstances of Carly's birth are no fault of Carly's, and not really Bobbie's, either.

My point is that Bobbie was on her high horse, acting like a good two-shoes to her granddaughter when Joss was caught in suspicious party circumstances. Of course Bobbie was right to remind Joss of house rules and even tell Carly about the party. But I believe Bobbie was on thin ice in avoiding a teachable moment when it bit her on the ass. Acknowledging her racy past to Joss and gently pointing out her regret and the less harmful choices she could have made would have made Bobbie and Joss more close across the generational divide. Bobbie just chose to keep the whole mess (and it WAS a mess) buried.

Probably lazy writers too...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

The last scene should be Sonny getting on a bus headed to bensonhurst after he blows up the hospital.

If the Show is cancelled, the last scene should be Carly and Sonny going into Kelly's for BLTs and Kristina joining them, and then after they order Jason comes out of the bathroom and walks up beside Sonny at their table and shoots him in the head.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Linny said:

I finally connected with Sam today. Her frustration and anger are totally justified, and Jason brushing her off and suggesting she call Alexis was so patronizing. Sam's definitely suffering from anxiety, but that doesn't negate her concerns with Jason's willingness to jump into danger for Sonny's sake. Her feelings are valid, and I hate that it seems like they're blaming everything on her anxiety, and that all she needs is a doctor to help her back into the ride or die mindset.

Sam was 1000% right in EVERYTHING she said about Sonny, but it was her sickness talking.  Maybe it isn't her sickness talking, maybe her illness just lowered her inhibitions enough so her Sonny Worship programming faltered and she actually was able to speak the truth about how she REALLY has felt about Sonny and Carly all these years. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Darklazr said:
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ooooh.  How I loved the Dr. O that Lucy ran into that night in the park!  Dr. O should have been the next uber villain that took over Helena's role as her medical schemes cause havoc to push stories along.  Dr. O and her fierce hat and overall evilness is what I miss.

Show has no problem dregging up past misdeeds of certain characters (I'm surprised Sonny didn't tell Garvey that Ava killed Kannie and blew up Morgan), so to have no mention of Dr. O's evil machinations at the Swiss Clinic -- where she kidnapped Robert and Anna, and almost killed Robin -- is... lame. Even Monica could have  brought this up. Instead, Dr. O hates Finn because... she's jealous? It's been mentioned before that Finn has been given the Golden Boy treatment with his unauthorized experiments and "How DARE you question me!" attitude, because he saved Tracey and saved the hospital with selling the cure. However, TPTB are determined to axe someone for budget purposes, and they wrote themselves into a corner when they tried to make Brad the Bad Guy. Making Liesl wanting Monica's CoS job is more palatable than Brad pointing out Finn screwed him over profits.

It's interesting that they introduced Julian into the storyline, and they mentioned the when GH was almost shut down. I am wondering if he will make Liesl's exit softer, or introduce another Big Bad on the Board directing Liesl to take down Finn. To have someone on the Board going after Finn makes much sense.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Bobbie needs to shut up, period, since she still adores her brother Luke after the heinous things he's done.

Defending your brother isn't quite the same thing as defending your thug son-in-law—I'd put Luke miles ahead over Sonny any day. But that would require nuance, something this show can't write.

4 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Dr. O hates Finn because... she's jealous?

That seems to be it, basically. And the fact that it's a highly successful (if mildly sociopathic) woman being jealous of a man gives it the usual extra layer of GH misogyny. Nice going, Show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

I so hope that the story heating up about Obrecht changing the Finn test results and wanting the COS job isn't planned to be some kind of propping or platform for Freako stories when he returns after the actor's contract negotiations. Apparently the show is throwing Obrecht under the bus, however. Remember the foreshadowing we saw when Lucy wouldn't allow Obrecht to perform at the Nurses' Ball? Now even milquetoast Monica is against the old bat.

KIKI AS A SPY? Hardy har har har! Kiki couldn't spy her way out of a pet shop.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)
15 hours ago, Perkie said:

What if they bring Drew Garrett back?

I wish they would.

11 hours ago, twoods said:

I thought that Michael and Rosalie had pretty good chemistry. Maybe he needs someone with a little edge because I think Chad can be sexy. Him hating on Sonny and Carly was freaking hot- I miss that Michael dearly.

Of the women I've seen Michael with (KA Kiki/Rosalie/Sabrina/Nelle) I do think the only one CD came close to having good sexual chem with was Rosalie. And I agree that CD was sexy in the MWOP days, but he can't really bring the sexy in romantic relationships imo. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'll have you all know I took time out to look at that latest sex scene with Michael and Whoever, and I was very disappointed yet unsurprised by the minimal amount of manflesh. It's clear Chad has told Frank he is not the one to be slavered over like a piece of meat like in the Magic Milo years! Never again, Frank!

I'll never stop lusting after Chad. And I do like him on the show, but it's clear Michael will always be the beta male on the show unless something fundamentally changes. I think that's systemic, I don't think it's so much the actor, though I'm sure if they found some hot young edgy stud they wanted to recast with Michael would change overnight and be on 5 days a week. But to me that'd be a mistake. Chad can play certain stories very well IMO, it's just not the kind of stories the show cares to tell (or tell with Michael).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I only half pay attention to this show sometimes and if it was ever explained where Franco is, I missed it.  Is he even on GH anymore?  Not that I care, but just now I was kind of marveling at what a good little actress that is who plays Charlotte.  Got me to thinking about comparing her to some of the adult actors on the show(and not in a good way) and RoHo came to mind. 

• Love 2

Again, this Cassadine feud between Spencer and Charlotte could have been a good, soapy story if they were at least teenagers, but it doesn't work with them being little kids, especially given what a bratty turd Spencer is and that Charlotte, you know, doesn't really know about it.

And Laura, you've already gone ahead and canceled the kid's Uber account, why not pull the plug on the personal chauffer as well.  Why does he need one, you can drive him to camp and shit.

We probably won't hear anything about Brook Lynn, but thank gawd Lulu's baby rabies kid is going to be the flower girl at Ned and Olivia's wedding. #eyeroll

More Sonny gloating at burnt-to-a-crisp Ava, barf.

• Love 8

I'm glad we have Charlotte's scenes to balance out Spencer's. It's really sweet seeing Charlotte respond to her life's difficulties by forging bonds with her new family, whereas Spencer does nothing but wallow in his thirst for vengeance. It's gross watching a kid try to take out a hit on someone. Spencer's story would be so much more effective if they would let him act like the child that he is.

I feel bad for Joss, because what she did was wrong, even if it was minor. I do wish Carly could show Joss some compassion, because she's lost a brother, access to her father, and been witness to Carly and Sonny's never ending circus, and that's a lot to put on a teenager's shoulders.

Leave it to Sonny to kick Ava while she's down with his proprietary blend of smugness and condescension. For once I was on Julian's side as he ordered Sonny to get out.

LOL at the ad placed in the middle of the show teasing Steve Burton's return, as if that's something to be proud of.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'll have you all know I took time out to look at that latest sex scene with Michael and Whoever, and I was very disappointed yet unsurprised by the minimal amount of manflesh. It's clear Chad has told Frank he is not the one to be slavered over like a piece of meat like in the Magic Milo years! Never again, Frank!

I'll never stop lusting after Chad. And I do like him on the show, but it's clear Michael will always be the beta male on the show unless something fundamentally changes. I think that's systemic, I don't think it's so much the actor, though I'm sure if they found some hot young edgy stud they wanted to recast with Michael would change overnight and be on 5 days a week. But to me that'd be a mistake. Chad can play certain stories very well IMO, it's just not the kind of stories the show cares to tell (or tell with Michael).

I"ve read that Chad doesn't like shirtless scenes because he knows how fair skin he is, and doesn't have that tan, chiseled look about him, but he's a good sport.  I think he looks great, and I lust after him myself sometimes.  He doesn't shy away from love scenes.  The problem for Chad/Michael is all about the writing.  ALL OF IT.  It's not that the writers don't have ideas about what to do with Michael, it's that they seem to favor the over 40 crowd to the detriment of everyone else.  Now I am over 40 myself, and I love seeing Carly, Sonny, Julian, Alexis, Ava, Scott, Laura, Kevin, Bobbie, etc., but that doesn't mean that the rest of the cast should be ignored.  GH spends most of their storyline time on only a handful of actors:  Sonny/Carly Julian/Alexis Sam/Jason Valentin/Nina and Ava.  These characters dominate everything else, and the dialogue and arguments and stories are the same.  It's redundant and boring, and I think it's the main reason why the ratings are bad.  

Michael has a SLEW of life experiences that the writers could tap into and yet, like all their other stories, they continue to write the SAME stuff for Michael:  he's kind, forgiving, loyal, and never gets mad or stays mad at anyone.  Rinse. Repeat over and over until we are bored out of our minds, and Chad must be as well.  I think Chad is a very talented actor, and he is sexy as hell when he is allowed to be, especially when he's being quietly dangerous or written to be smart and intuitive.  Unfortunately, those types of scenes are very few and far between.  Instead, he spends most of his time counseling others, forgiving everyone that ever wronged him, and being the only parent in his family.  How many love stories has Sonny had over his time on GH?  Michael has had ONE - ONE!!!!!!!!  That was Abby.  KA's Kiki was a blip and a mistake, and the writers knew it.  Starr was even less memorable.  Sabrina had potential as a pairng for Michael but it was completely destroyed with her baby fiasco, running off and marrying Carlos, and the "love story" never survived.  The only love story that Michael ever was given, complete with a beginning, middle and tragic end was with Abby, and it was fantastic.  Since that time, he has been forced into relationships rather than allowing anything to happen organically.  Nelle is actually better than his past pairings because she's got the bad girl edge to her.  Unfortunately, the writers have forgotten that Michael has a bad boy edge as well - far worse than anything Nelle has ever done.  He's not a boy scout.  Yet, he seems more pious than Father Griffin.  That is just wrong, people.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish they would.

Of the women I've seen Michael with (KA Kiki/Rosalie/Sabrina/Nelle) I do think the only one CD came close to having good sexual chem with was Rosalie. And I agree that CD was sexy in the MWOP days, but he can't really bring the sexy in romantic relationships imo. 

None of them worked because none of those storylines were written well, and Michael came off looking ridiculous - which is never sexy.  Kiki was horrible under KA because of how she was written, and she was such an unlikable character that I couldn't understand why Michael would be with her.  It made zero sense, and I like Michael/CD a lot, but I hated him with Kiki.  Rosalie was never a pairing for Michael.  There was potential, especially after Michael saved her and killed that guy in his apartment and Rosalie realized that MIchael wasn't the clean-cut guy she thought he was, but they put the kabosh on that relationship in favor of milquetoast Sabrina.  Why?  Because they didn't know what to do with TeCa after JT left the show.  So Michael got saddled with the character, and then the writers (for some INSANE reason) thought it was smart to sideline Michael while TeCa was on maternity leave as if her character was more important, and then when she did come back, the ridiculous storyline was that she had willingly run off with Carols, never thought about Michael, married Carlos, but then we were suppose to believe after Carlos died that she always wanted a life with Michael.  That is not about CD and everything about horrific writing.  

You left off the only character and relationship that Michael had that worked unbelievably well - Abby.  Chad and Andrea had smoking hot chemistry, great love scenes (just watch them on YT), and her one episode appearance ended up lasting over a year because of their chemistry.  So the idea that CD doesn't have romantic chemistry is completely untrue.  It is all about the writing, and how they both write Michael's character and how they write his "romances."  He is always the pursuer, even though he should really be a character that is terrified of love and relationships considering how many times he's been betrayed and/or lost someone tragically.  He also should be jaded and aloof based on that fact.  Instead, he's open to love, trusting, and the Forgiver in Chief in Port Charles.  THAT is the problem with Michael, a problem that can be easily remedied if the writers had any imagination.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Nelle is actually better than his past pairings because she's got the bad girl edge to her. 

A bad girl edge to her?  I'm gonna need to see some receipts.

• Love 10