Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm also very annoyed that Dante didn't a) call Anna for back-up before he made his presence known and b) that he didn't shoot Levi from behind when he had the perfect chance. Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Dante could have texted for back-up while he was hiding behind the curtain.  And he took a long while to come out after Nathan ran down the hall and stopped the wedding.  Certainly after Levi and ICE left the room, someone could have called or texted for help.

I wonder if Dr. O intentionally stopped the elevator to force Nina to reveal she can walk.

Mickey Diamond's heart is already in Alice.

Yeah, but there's always rejection.  Please let Ron know nothing about organ rejection.  (He probably knows plenty about ordinary rejection.)

• Love 3

The Britt/Brad friendship is one of the few friendships I buy on this FAKATA show.

I loved her calling him "Bradley", it was just really cute. But I just can't with her acting the way she is to get back together with Nik, of all people. who sucks and sucks hard. And Liz is just as bad. Put them both together and you have a grotesque snorefest.

I kind of liked the show today, I found it better than yesterday. I enjoyed the UCG, like Sonny attempting to give romantic advice. Or that weird look on his face when he showed up at Carly's with pizza at the end. He looked like such a dork.

I think the most disturbing part though was Felix saying Sabrina's due to come back "tomorrow". God help us all.

• Love 4
He'd probably have more luck if he detached himself from Sabrina.

He'd have more luck detaching himself from himself first and foremost. Felix is such an anti chemistry magnet it doesn't seem possible.

• Love 1

Nina and Franco continue to surprise me. I'm all on board so I can ff the Carson nonsense that is coming. Just yuck.

If Mac dies I will find Ron personally and flog him. This hostage stuff is definitely filler since TG is recovering, but it is interesting. And unpredictable with Mac getting shot. I just wish Levi wasn't grinning like a hyena through it all.

Brit continues to become more pathetic. How is money tight for an OBGyn? And when did Nik start looking unattractive again?

At least if they recast Jason they can use the plastic surgery/ brainwashing Cassadine plan so people won't be mad that SB isn't filling the role anymore.

Nik's hair seems to be shaved up on the sides with a floppy part on the top? Is TC doing a side project about his Native American heritage?

Edited by annabel
  • Love 1

I was so skeeved by all the three-way talk. What would Lucille and Dr. Hardy say about their show now? Carly says "Well you're all consenting adults". What kind of logic is that? Could we rob or kill someone together too, because we are all consenting adults?

Well, if the robbery victim consented, it wouldn't be robbery but receiving freely-given stuff, while if the murder victim consented, it'd be assisted suicide...

If that isn't clear, I will spell it out: There is absolutely NO COMPARISON between a threesome and robbery/murder. It is so offensive in multiple ways to liken sex between consenting adults to these crimes. Offensive to people having sex privately without harming anyone else, and offensive to the genuine victims of crime. A threesome may not be your cup of tea - it isn't mine either - but I'm not policing what consenting adults do in the bedroom. As long as everyone consents (and is capable of consent - i.e. adults, not mentally impaired) there is absolutely no cause to make this comparison.

• Love 12

So we know Lulu is oh-so-fertile, right? And she's been grabbed as a hostage? What if...she got raped and was immediately preggo. Gee, she'd have another baby brother or sister for Rocco, but it wouldn't be a Lante baby! Worse yet, Olivia would be deprived of another grandbaby! Oh the humanity! heh heh

Yes Maxie, grovel in grief for your bratty attitude toward Levi, Nathan, Dante, and Common Sense. Grow a brain, Girl. And since she's a hostage, we'll probably be treated to many scenes of her fugly wedding dress. Hostages don't get to change clothes very often. I thought Maxie might try to rip some of the layers off to bandage and staunch Max' injuries.

If Mac dies, Flea will have plenty of time and energy--though not brains or good judgment--to run for mayor. Since he was shot, we will be getting more hospital scenes.

If only--at the high point of the kidnapping--Mr. RobertFucking!Scorpio had ripped off his agent mask and coolly taken care of the whole wedding debacle!

The boys' 3-way has to be for played for comedy.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

There is absolutely NO COMPARISON between a threesome and robbery/murder. It is so offensive in multiple ways to liken sex between consenting adults to these crimes. Offensive to people having sex privately without harming anyone else, and offensive to the genuine victims of crime. A threesome may not be your cup of tea - it isn't mine either - but I'm not policing what consenting adults do in the bedroom.

No doubt many will agree with you, and my comparison is perhaps too harsh. Yet persons who agree with the pro-threesome side need to realize that that scenario can be seen as quite offensive too by many. Sure, it can go on in our society, and it can be trendy and new, but this show's insistence on thrusting our faces into it with constant repetition and storyline references is awkward and repugnant. 

If the show's writers insist upon such topics, situations, and storylines, let it be comedic, as in Shakespeare.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

It's 2014, not 1954.

And yet it is still summer and kids are still home from school and this is inappropriate. I am more and more convinced that either everyone at Disney is at the Park of Ron has blackmail pictures of Robert Igler

• Love 1

I wonder if all the blatant filler lately is budgetary,  because of the delay of the "Luke" story, or a mix of both?

Everything involving Lucas, Felix, and Brad is filler.

And yet it is still summer and kids are still home from school and this is inappropriate. I

Not that I actually want to see this threesome crap, but why should Ron be stopped from writing it out of fear that some kid will see it? It's the parents job to control what their kids are watching. GH has never been marketed as a show for kids so why should Ron be expected to write it like one? And how is a threesome (where very very little, if any sex will be shown) anymore offensive than rape, murder, kidnappings, stereotyping gay characters, misogyny, treating the audience like we're idiots, etc.?  This threesome stuff is trash but not because of any morality issues, but because all three characters come off as dumb, pathetic, and very fickle.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9

Yes Maxie, grovel in grief for your bratty attitude toward Levi, Nathan, Dante, and Common Sense. Grow a brain, Girl. And since she's a hostage, we'll probably be treated to many scenes of her fugly wedding dress. Hostages don't get to change clothes very often.

That reminds me of the time when OG Franco kidnapped Sam. He was nice enough to get a change of clothes for her, down to accessories.

And yet it is still summer and kids are still home from school and this is inappropriate.

I don't get this argument. No one is forcing kids to watch this show. Turn off the TV when the kids are around if it's that offensive to you. That's what the little ratings in the top left are for. Policing what children view in the home is the job of the parents, not soap opera writers.

• Love 6

And yet it is still summer and kids are still home from school and this is inappropriate. I am more and more convinced that either everyone at Disney is at the Park of Ron has blackmail pictures of Robert Igler

Are there really young children watching this show? So there is a reason the rest of us viewers are being subjected to the kiddie love triangle!

Honestly, I don't believe soaps have ever been appropriate viewing for the very young. Even if characters are not having threesomes (and I don't believe for a second that Lucas, Brad and Felix's attempt will materialize), there is still sex, violence, and certain social issues which I would not expect the parents of preteens to let their kids watch. Not one of the soaps would pass the morality test - not now, and not 30 years ago when GH showed Laura being raped and then marrying her rapist. (How the heck did parents explain that one? Rape is a beautiful thing in the lead-up to wedding bells?)

Teenagers, on the other hand, can watch all they want. This show is pathetically tame compared to what they're watching (and doing) elsewhere. It's not like they need GH to give them "ideas" on what to do with the two boys they like but can't decide between.

If we wanted to make this show wholesome family viewing all the time, we would need to strip out all the sex and violence and have it be a documentary because even medical dramas don't shy away from depicting their characters' love lives onscreen.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 5

I think the problem is that, IMO, the taste level [/Tim Gunn] has gone to shit on this show to the point that it all offends me, even if it's really not that shocking. I find all of these characters to be tiresome twerps, at best, so none of this is appealing.

Now back in the day, if Holly/Robert/Anna had made a joke about a ménage a trios, or Jax and anyone else (rowr, yummy, Jax back in the day!) I would have found it sexy and risqué. And they would have just hinted at it, and it would've gone right over the kiddies' heads.

This show is not for kids, never was, but Disney apparently cares enough about appearances to be all "drugs are BAD!" about the mob plots. Which has become laughable at this point.

• Love 4

Well, if the robbery victim consented, it wouldn't be robbery but receiving freely-given stuff, while if the murder victim consented, it'd be assisted suicide...

To veer this off in the comedic as clearly that is Ron's intent. Ya'll do realize this is exactly what brainless Maxie and Felicia did right?

• Love 2

Hee, Cattitude, you are correct.

How is money tight for an OBGyn?

Someone, brought up Britt"s housing issues & both living in Brad's extremely small apartment on twiitter. This was PA/Brad's response:

Parry Shen ‏@parryshen  18h
@18christopher Because they r both fiscally frugal & responsible. All their $ goes towards maxing out their 401k's & Roth IRAs first.

It doesn't fix the issue of inadequate housing on this show but it did make me laugh. They really should be having some movement with the Brownstone set renovation & I hope the story isn't postponed until TG return. I know they were involving Tracy/Luke in the story. Tracy was going to use the renovation (Waterfront project) to destroy in order to get control of ELQ back. If they are waiting closer to TG's. we may not see forward movement on this story until September/October.

Someone up thread mentioned Felix being a cold fish & associating that with sex. This does seem to be the way Cartini are playing it & I agree not wanting casual sex doesn't make you a cold fish. The problem I have with MS/Felix is he is a chemistry void especially with anything romantic or sexual. There is no there, there. Thus a glassy eyed cold fish when he is suppose to bring the heat.

After a night of thought, I've decided I don't want Levi to be "Blood Eagled". Only one person gets to perform the Blood eagle while others watch. I want him to be put on the Shaming Rack from  Defiance on Syfy. That way everyone who wants to gets to place a stone in the basket & participate in his pain & death. Hhmm, It seems I go for blood when my Scorpios are hurt or wronged.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

If I had kids I definitely would not let them watch GH, but it has nothing to with the three some stuff and everything to do with Uncle Sonny and Spencer.  No child should be exposed to such repugnant behavior!

On another note, Levi needs to suffer on-screen for shooting Mac.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Hey kids, missed the last few.  Anything worth knowing?  Catching up on?

ETA...holy hell, Despair in the Afternoon's post indicates that Carly super casually discussed with Lucas how she seduced his father and broke up his family?  Say what?!?!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

So trying to catch up,

- Levi shot Mac?  Ugh, that makes me even more nervous that Mac and Levi are related, drawing a parallel to Sonny and Dante.

- Oh Ron, I knew you were going to go the "comedic misdirection" route with

making the audience think Milo was gay only to reveal his equally out-of-nowhere crush on Piph.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
It's like GH takes place in Stupid Zinger World, where not of that pesky reality stuff gets in the way of a mediocre slam session.

If only Austin Powers were around to put an end to it.

How is money tight for an OBGyn?
Someone, brought up Britt"s housing issues & both living in Brad's extremely small apartment on twiitter. This was PA/Brad's response:

Parry Shen ‏@parryshen  18h
@18christopher Because they r both fiscally frugal & responsible. All their $ goes towards maxing out their 401k's & Roth IRAs first.

Hee. I love Parry Shen. Jasus knows he deserves so much more than Brad.

Everything involving Lucas, Felix, and Brad is filler.

It's always filler, TG on medical leave or not.  

• Love 1

So trying to catch up,

- Levi shot Mac?  Ugh, that makes me even more nervous that Mac and Levi are related, drawing a parallel to Sonny and Dante.

- Oh Ron, I knew you were going to go the "comedic misdirection" route with

making the audience think Milo was gay only to reveal his equally out-of-nowhere crush on Piph.

Besides, I wonder why some people were questioning Milo's actual interest when the cat was already let out of the bag several days ago via one of the soap magazines?  Too bad it ruined Ron's fakeout.

People miss Steve Burton? Really? No way..

Yes we do.  And I have no interest AT ALL in a Jason recast, especially when there is no need whatsoever for the character to return.  When AJ was around?  Yeah, it would have been great.  Now?  Not so much, and if the rumors are true as to who will be playing Jason - it's going to be even more horrible.

• Love 1

I would rather Milo be gay and attracted to Felix than what's in that spoiler. WTF is Ron smoking????

Honestly, both developments would have been completely out of the blue.  I mean, when's the last time Milo talked to Felix?  Before LAST year's Nurses' Ball?

Edited by TeeVee329

I would rather Milo be gay and attracted to Felix than what's in that spoiler. WTF is Ron smoking????

It would've been better for Felix to have made it to his menage a trois appointment with Lucas/Brad than for him to miss it to prop Milo in this silliness involving Epiphany.  It's also insulting considering Felix liked and adored Milo himself at one point.  Why couldn't Milo pull Liz aside for a minute, and ask her to help him get into Pip's panties?

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

So we know Lulu is oh-so-fertile, right? And she's been grabbed as a hostage? What if...she got raped and was immediately preggo.

Lulu doesn't have any eggs, apparently being freeze-dried killed them.  So the only way she can get pregnant is through implanting an embryo.

• Love 2

Levi shot Mac.

I need Levi to die slowly and painfully.

Where's Robert F'ing Scorpio when you need him?!

Amen to that! IMO, if Robert had been in Dante's place, neither Maxie nor Lulu would've been kidnapped because Robert would've capped both Levi and the fake ICE Guy's asses without thinking twice.

• Love 3

I bit the bullet and watched this week to date mostly fast forward, just based on what I was reading here.

1. The wedding. Maxie's dress was horrible. They would have been better off sending her to a goodwill and grabbing something used and decent looking.

Aussie boy turned out as expected. The fight was okay, the pre-wedding fluff dialog was painful, with the Maxie contrived stupid act being the worst.

The hostage stuff was very painful, not only are the two hot cops weak, but also stupid. Mac and Felica deserved better for old times sake.

Why didn't Ron hire some extras for the set? I suspect they filmed the whole week's worth of scenes in two or three hours.

2. Sam and Patrick. I saw it as Sam and he were getting close to sexy time, because in Patrick the character's mind it has been months since he had hot Sobby love, and Robin is being mean or something, so time for docking in a new shuttle bay.

I have no idea why Sam would be hot for Patrick but I saw the photo notice by Patrick as him growing a sense of morals and stopping short, and her face at the closed door as regret he didn't start making scruffy beard love with her.

3. Mob drama. Honestly, I used FF a lot. I did slow down for the mob hag summit which was pretty well done, but then ruined by Sonny turning up with a pizza.

4. Gay triangle/rectangle/big brother house/whatever. Ron is free to have guys shirtless, and he is going to run it into the ground.

With the exception of the link to Britt, the storyline is boring and I used FF a lot once I saw nothing changed.

5. Nick/Britt/Liz. I liked the Brik pairing, and like part of this. I don't like Britt using Mommy so much. However, I was watching Liz's stunts, and found myself thinking "Go for it, Liz is a bitch." So Props to Ron there (something I almost never say about this show).

The relating of the love issues in the hospital (gay and straight) was well done, even though the threesome thing is getting run into the ground (but I like the suggestion here on the board of Anna having one to bring the team back together).

Britt with the Big Gulp was a good, cheap, prop tool to make her more human and likable. Sort of like on The Closer with the candy drawer.

6. I hope Nina and the chair start getting some movement soon, because this is boring as hell.

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 2

Lulu doesn't have any eggs, apparently being freeze-dried killed them.  So the only way she can get pregnant is through implanting an embryo.

Except for the fact that we're talking about The World According To Ron.

Sorry, but my hate for RuiningRon runneth over. ;)

OMG Ron, you did it again!  How "hilarious" that Felix thought Milo was talking about him when it's really Piph he has a crush on!  And how "sexy" that what attracted Milo to Piph was her stomping of Mr. Marbles! #haaaaaaate

Oh, did you want to know what happened to Mac?  Um, tune in Monday, I guess.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

"It doesn't matter what happens behind closed doors." Exactly, and because it's behind closed doors, we don't want to hear about it.

Because it's Carly and Sonny, and they're both repulsive, I don't care that much, but it's gross that he's stalking her and forcing himself into her life. 

I loved Liz shoving Pip toward Milo. That was cute.

• Love 3

I assume MB thought he was displaying a charming smile at the entrance, but to the rest of the world it looked like a sleazy "let's go" grin.

Epiphany's evil Britt/poor Sabrina attitude is way past its expiration date. Telling Liz to go jump on Nikolas - such a WTF moment for her mouth. And Liz being so nice to Epiphany, a female colleague with years of shared history at the hospital, is good to see. All this Team Britt&Spencer OTT manipulation of Nikolas is making me roll my eyes. 

Oh Lord I need brain/ear bleach for Brad's sexual comment about Felix. Reaaalllly wish there'd been a warning about that.  And now TPTB are playing with having Lucas come off as totally sleazy/like his sister. Yuck.

The Epiphany-Milo mutual crush is also seriously WTF. Oookkk then. But Elizabeth's happy little smile for them was sweet.

No follow-up today to the M&L kidnapping and Mac's shooting, what a shocker.

Updating my thoughts for Monday to Thursday with Friday's show.

1. Gay Big Brother House. I didn't see Felix voting himself out of the house. At least the story can start moving now. Where is Julie Chen to do the post vote interview?

2. Nina. I know i wanted the storyline to move, but not towards Nina having a elevator cuckold baby with the serial killer. Yuck.

3. Epiphany and the date. I am not sure how i feel. It was too comical I think but at least she gets a love story. I'll keep watching to see where this goes. If it is a farce I will likely peace out again for a while.

4. Nik. There are two women, both 9/10 looking, who have equal levels of crazy/evil. Just flip a coin. Or, give a damn about your kid and bang the one he likes to have around. Not like Nik has been all that choosey before.

• Love 3

yessssssss Dante and Anna in the previews standing in the rain and Anna is wearing a fabulous 40s-like fedora

TIME FOR TO WRITE SOME ALTERNATE UNIVERSE 1940S FANFIC lol

I'm finding Sonny and Carly genuinely entertaining. I know. I'm sorry. But after the horror of Canco and Solivia, it's amazing practically. And Sonny is in active manipulation mode, which makes it mroe interesting than Sonny just trying to plain get laid. He's bored and wants to piss Franco off. Sonny sure is feeling guilty though about Olivia, Michael, Morgan, isn't he? 

I genuinely found Nina rolling her eyes while Franco was whispering the word pizza into the phone and Sonny was waiting impatiently for Carly to hurry up and get off the phone hilarious.

Oh God, I am also finding Epiphany and Milo kind of sweet? I know, again I'm sorry. When I read the spoiler I was like what the hell but it was kinda cute. Milo is so terrible though. I just want to hear Epiphany say that Milo is satisfying her once in a while lol, no need to show him on-screen. I felt bad for Felix though. Poor guy. I know, I'm sorry.

It's a good thing they showed Mac in the previews otherwise I would have thought he had expired (his last request of course being a threesome with Felicia and Lucy).

• Love 5

There is absolutely no reason why this D-list crap involving Brad/Felix/Lucas/Milo/Pip needed to take up most of the show.

Even if I liked Brad/Lucas (which I definitely don't), why would I bother getting invested when I know two weeks from now Lucas and/or Brad will decide they want Felix instead. This whole thing is stupid as shit.

• Love 5

Per Michelle Stafford twitter account this morning

"Today's episode of #GH was directed by the amazing and fabulous @Ali_Sweeney TUNE IN!!! #doesntgetbetterthanthis #okmaybealittlebetter

.This just proved to me Frank is just as big an ass and sixth grade mean girl as Re-Ron and this is most likely why they get along so well.. Nothing against Alison S but. Kim said she told tiic  of G H she wanted to direct, she went to school for it, she has been on the show since she was seven, and this is a slap in the face no matter if she has been all grown up about it. She said its fine with her. Wonder how Alison would feel if Days offered Kim a directors chair ?