Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don’t see what so self-righteous about Sonny not wanting to witness Morgan’s BP episode.

My point was Sonny had to wait for someone to open the door for him. His mic-drop moment with Morgan lost a little steam because of that.

• Love 5

Whoa, Morgan is just a dolt. I knew they would screw the bi-polar story up seven ways from Sunday but I'm impressed at how bad it really is. Friday was UCG as BC did his usual popping up and down to show HE"S EMOTIONAL! Even before Sonny in the chair BC did this, so funny and takes me right out of the scene so I end up just observing how good this might be with a decent actor and "writers" . Mo actually wasn't too bad and I could tolerate looking at him without his shoe-polished beard.

Avery was so cute pointing and saying "camera" clear as a bell.

• Love 3

Sonny sees Morgan going down that same road before he was diagnosed and nothing seems to get through to Morgan! I don’t see what so self-righteous about Sonny not wanting to witness Morgan’s BP episode. There is the right combination of medication to help his SON but Morgan’s an adult and Sonny can’t make Morgan see his therapist, take his meds or stop using alcohol!

In Sonny's concern and frustration with Morgan I hear echoes of concern from other parents whose children are ignoring their care and advice too, whether it is about drug use, getting a job, finishing college, etc. How does a parent get the young person to listen? I like Sonny's attempts to challenge Morgan's thinking and emotions so he will grow up. Carly tried also. Yet Sonny and Carly don't ever question their own parenting style and decisions that affected Morgan's emotional growth. They put all the blame on Morgan's bi-polar "disease" (as they call it) for his emotional turmoil and poor decisions.

Kristina is another example. She is said to be very intelligent, yet is not able to control herself to study and aim for good goals like finishing school. Her inner turmoil is  undermining her future happiness and growth too. She needs a good therapist and counselor to help her hold steady to develop better self control and direction. Her need to embarrass Molly and take her down in the family's esteem is an ugly and sad trend in her personality development.

• Love 3

Previews...so Kristina just never mentioned to Alexis and presumably Julian that she invited Sonny to the wedding?  Not cool.

And watch Carly spin Joss' assertion that "Uncle Sonny" (gag) is in the mob as Jax shit talking, even though it's 10000% true.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Previews...so Kristina just never mentioned to Alexis and presumably Julian that she invited Sonny to the wedding?  Not cool.

And watch Carly spin Joss' assertion that "Uncle Sonny" (gag) is in the mob as Jax shit talking, even though it's 10000% true.

Kristina's committed so many social etiquette faux pas that it's getting increasingly difficult to keep up.

I need Joss to start trash talking Sonny. It would help me so much that I wouldn't criticize the writing for a whole um, couple of days.

Speaking of who shouldn't be at the wedding, Nina just should not freaking be there. I don't care if she is the editor of Crimson. It's not like she and Julian are friends. Do you invite everyone you know at the office to your social events? I don't. And certainly not ones that drugged and tortured my pregnant sister, forcing her to give birth prematurely and then kidnapped my newborn niece. He's such a wimp. And if Alexis invited her, then she sucks even more than she has been sucking lately. Makes absolutely no sense and shows these writers don't pay attention to a god damn thing.

• Love 7

What Nina did to Ava aside, the idea of Julian or Alexis inviting her given they have to know her date would be Franco, the SERIAL KILLER who tortured their daughter and let her think he raped her, is beyond comprehension.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

What Nina did to Ava aside, the idea of Julian or Alexis inviting her given they have to know her date would be Franco, the SERIAL KILLER who tortured their daughter and let her think he raped her, is beyond comprehension.

That too, of course. It's horrendous. I cannot imagine what the rationale was going through their (characters' or writers') heads when they were making up the guest list.

• Love 1

The fact that Julian is still allowing Franco to breathe air pisses me off. He should have killed him a long time ago. I can't stand the lapsed continuity on this show, like certain things just never happened.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11

The fact that Julian is still allowing Franco to breathe air pisses me off. He should have killed him a long time ago. I can't stand the lapsed continuity on this show, like certain things just never happened.

The only way Franco can still be alive and contaminating this show is if multiple people are continuously written out of character.

• Love 9

That too, of course. It's horrendous. I cannot imagine what the rationale was going through their (characters' or writers') heads when they were making up the guest list.

They left the tumor off the guest list!  That has to count for something!  ;)

• Love 6

"Do you love Franco now? How about now? Nooooowww?????"

• Love 10

I need Joss to start trash talking Sonny. It would help me so much that I wouldn't criticize the writing for a whole um, couple of days.

I'll go even further and say I wouldn't talk shit for a full week!

Speaking of who shouldn't be at the wedding, Nina just should not freaking be there. I don't care if she is the editor of Crimson. It's not like she and Julian are friends. Do you invite everyone you know at the office to your social events? I don't. And certainly not ones that drugged and tortured my pregnant sister, forcing her to give birth prematurely and then kidnapped my newborn niece. He's such a wimp. And if Alexis invited her, then she sucks even more than she has been sucking lately. Makes absolutely no sense and shows these writers don't pay attention to a god damn thing.

They're probably like, "People say we don't have enough people at our big events. We'll show 'em!" No, no guys. This isn't what we meant.

Honestly it is insulting that Nina/Franco will be there. They think the audience is so stupid. They have no respect for us.

• Love 7

Tell me I did not just hear Josslyn Jacks, daughter of Jasper Jacks, declare that Sonny being in the mob is, like, super cool and that she wants him to come to school for career day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Is there no depth this show won't sink to?

• Love 9

Tell me I did not just hear Josslyn Jacks, daughter of Jasper Jacks, declare that Sonny being in the mob is, like, super cool and that she wants him to come to school for career day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I keep flashing back to last year's FCW when we found out that it would pretty much be Everybody Loves Sonny from here on out. They sure weren't kidding. #gag

• Love 4

Oh, hell no.  I am not watching today.  I refuse.  

• Love 4

Carly, Morgan being bipolar doesn't give him a free pass to do whatever the heck he wants and everyone is just supposed to forgive and forget.

And, Sonny, praying for forgiveness doesn't mean anything if you have every intention of going out and committing all the same sins all over again.

Oh, Anna, go ahead and let the Corinthos organization get involved in the doings on Pier 54 and get caught up in your dragnet.  Why would that not be a good thing?  Oh, right, because Sonny is the good mobster and the new moral bedrock and center of our show.

Nobody, including the ATF, could see Morgan lurking about?  'Mkay.

Alexis, that dress is tacky for a wedding.  Did like the montage, though.

• Love 7

Franco and Nina are wedding guests, but Diane is not?!? And after that fuss about what Leo's going to wear to the wedding, Olivia shows up without the baby? And no one brings Danny to his grandparents' wedding? The kid is old enough to sit still for at least an appearance. 

Unsurprisingly, Sonny got more attention today than the bride and groom until maybe the last 5 minutes.  Ugh that Kristina actually *paused* her march down the aisle to touch/beam at her father.

So two of Nik's cousins say Congrats to Hayden on the wedding (seemed like at least Kristina was sincere) and Hayden doesn't say thanks or even acknowledge she's happy to be the new Mrs. Cassadine.

So much eye rolling where Morgan is concerned. Same with Nina - she's coming off like a 16-year-old. 

• Love 9

Brad (to Lucas): Check it out, Lucas, here's papers showing that our stupid to-begin-with storyline was dissolved completely off-screen I'm divorced!  Now there's nothing standing in the way of one of us tragically getting shot and possibly killed at this sweeps event us getting married!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Brad is doomed! He issues divorce papers to Lucas just before gunfire is set to erupt at any moment. RIP Brad. So what's the significance of the white glove in Nathan's vintage tuxedo? I immediately thought ex-lover. I think I recall seeing some casting call about a week ago for some new female character in her late 20s, early 30s. Maybe it's her? I suppose this had to happen at some point. Nathan looked guilty as sin.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

So what's the significance of the white glove in Nathan's vintage tuxedo? I immediately thought ex-lover. I think I recall seeing some casting call about a week ago for some new female character in her late 20s, early 30s. Maybe it's her? I suppose this had to happen at some point. Nathan looked guilty as sin.

Maxie is still so uber-controlling, treating Nathan like a tiny little boy who has to stick close to his mommy to avoid getting lost at the circus. Her shrewish exasperation over Nathan carrying his gun was unwarranted--she is a civilian with no training or knowledge about when and why he must carry. I hope she does have some strong competition for Nathan; I want to see Maxi land flat on her face with as much embarrassing karma as possible. Her brain is as thick as a plank.

• Love 4

Ruching, especially on one's backside, is never flattering. Thumb's down to Alexis's wedding dress. The girls looked really good, though. Those dresses are great.

LOL at Dixon's sneering "oh, your father?" to Morgan. I liked how he thought Morgan was an annoying twerp. Because he is.

The Sonny-is-the-bestest is wildly out of place at Alexis and Julian's wedding. Even more so than Nina and Franco being there and Nina pouting about Franco not wanting to get married. Oy, those two.

I wish Molly had come up with a less-clichéd poem to read at the wedding, but it does sort of fit for her.

ETA: Formatting problems when the host server was wonky.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

That Julian/Alexis montage just reminded me what a severe lack of depth that relationship has and how there hasn't been a well-written romantic couple in a long time.

Also, for the love of spaghetti, can someone ask NLG to stop acting like it's Alexis' first time every time Julian is shirtless? Come on now.

• Love 8

Shout out to Alexis and Julian for allowing Franco to be in the same room as their daughter. 

Brad better not get blood on The Coven when he gets shot. 

No excuse for Diane not being at the wedding. Especially since Friday's episode and this one were probably shot on the same day. 

• Love 4

Considering Jacks was on the run for a while because Sonny wanted him dead (he even faked his death until he felt Michael needed help), that line makes absolutely no sense. Shouldn't she hate the man who tried to kill her father?

• Love 10

Considering Jacks was on the run for a while because Sonny wanted him dead (he even faked his death until he felt Michael needed help), that line makes absolutely no sense. Shouldn't she hate the man who tried to kill her father?

Nope, because…dimples.

• Love 3

Franco and Nina at the wedding? Nice. I guess at least Sam didn't greet them at the door.

Morgan's an idiot. What's new?

If I'm going to these weddings in Port Charles I'm definitely not buying a gift. Chances are that it won't go all the way through.

And after that fuss about what Leo's going to wear to the wedding, Olivia shows up without the baby? 

I think Olivia changed her mind about bringing Leo when she had a second premonition of Julian with blood on his hands and figured it would be best to keep the baby safe with his nanny.  Y'know, in case gunfire erupts at the church.  On the off chance.

Hah, I hadn't noticed Diane wasn't at the wedding.  Truly weird since she was front and center at the gathering at the house.

Does Brad's divorce mean we've seen the last of Rosalie and that storyline, dare I hope?

• Love 1
That church is depressingly empty.  It's really really sad.

What do you mean? Sonny is there! Franco and Nina are there! Who else needs to attend?

If I'm going to these weddings in Port Charles I'm definitely not buying a gift. Chances are that it won't go all the way through.

I'd bring the gift with me so I'd have a chance to retrieve it when things went south. Hee.

• Love 4

Since the wedding was short notice, maybe Diane already had a court date scheduled or something, and that's why she showed up at the house.

It looked like Morgan was trying to conduct an orchestra at one point.

It kind came off like something was off about Nathan, I feel like he might be brainwashed or something. Maybe we will find out he really is part cyborg. It was weird how he wanted to wear his gun.

Nik is such a dick. Can't wait till tomorrow to text Sam if she finds out any info on Hayden?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I wish Molly had come up with a less-clichéd poem to read at the wedding, but it does sort of fit for her.

Well I guess that sonnet has been called a cliche before, but it's a shock to hear that valuation, nonetheless. Perhaps the little verse is used so often because...[cough]...it was written by a <Shakespeare> genius </Shakespeare> of world literature? Hmmm

To my three babies, even though I'm marrying Julian, you will always be my true life partners.

Oy what can be said to this? Only prodigious eyerolling is the proper response! Do tell! Alexis, you feel so comfortable wearing all white at your wedding, but I daresay these "babies" were conceived with three different men, probably all on the "wrong side of the blanket" (if we take the trouble to count).

No. Only if he actually kills him - and only for 5 minutes.

• Love 5

Oy what can be said to this? Only prodigious eyerolling is the proper response! Do tell! Alexis, you feel so comfortable wearing all white at your wedding, but I daresay these "babies" were conceived with three different men, probably all on the "wrong side of the blanket" (if we take the trouble to count).

She's not actually a virgin and she's wearing white?! Rip the dress from her body! Stone her as she walks down the aisle!

• Love 15

Carly is too much of an asshole to tell Joss the truth about that and Jax is a better person than Carly or Sonny so I can't see him sharing that with a child. Although, JJoss strikes me as the kind of child who would've looked all of that up on the internet years ago.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
Well I guess that sonnet has been called a cliche before, but it's a shock to hear that valuation, nonetheless. Perhaps the little verse is used so often because...[cough]...it was written by a <Shakespeare> genius </Shakespeare> of world literature? Hmmm

If the reading isn't from the Bible, it's this sonnet. Just because it's Shakespeare doesn't mean it isn't a cliché at  a wedding.

you feel so comfortable wearing all white at your wedding

The color of the dress isn't about virginity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Shout out to Alexis and Julian for allowing Franco to be in the same room as their daughter. 

Brad better not get blood on The Coven when he gets shot. 

I adore your shade.  Always.

Since the wedding was short notice, maybe Diane already had a court date scheduled or something, and that's why she showed up at the house.

Alexis did say she thought Diane had to work when she arrived at the house on Fridays show.  So I guess she had enough free time to make the pre wedding festivities. 

I will not stop being angry at this Nikolas/Sam bullshit, but I will spare you all my repetitive temper tantrum.

• Love 7